C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pfadt Race Engineering Special: Johnny O'Connell Stage 1 Packages

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 07:11 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Pfadt Race Engineering Special: Johnny O'Connell Stage 1 Packages

We have taken a bunch of questions lately about a special on our Johnny O'Connell suspension package... and we are now bringing it to you!

For a limited time we are offering our Johnny O'Connell Stage 1 package at an unbeatable price of 950.00 for the entire kit. This includes everything you need to refresh your suspension, Sway Bars, sway bar bushings, endlinks, and shocks specially tuned for daily drivability and increased track performance. You can place your order online on our website, over the phone at 1-888-972-2464, via email at info@pfadtracing.com, or through your local Pfadt Race Engineering Dealer. We get feedback all the time about how this is the best 1000.00 that our customers have spent so far on their Corvette, and now is a great time while the price on the whole kit is lower than retail!

We will be running this special until September 21st 2012, so be sure to take advantage of this screaming deal while it's still available!

In case you haven't heard about the Johnny O'Connell Stage 1 package take a look at some of the details below:

Originally Posted by Pfadt Racing Johnny O'Connell Stage 1 Product Launch
One of the few people in the world who truly know the Corvette chassis, is 4 time Le Mans winner and ALMS Corvette Racing driver Johnny O'Connell. As many people already know Johnny is the most successful American Le Mans Series driver in its history, and has been intimately involved with Corvette Racing since its early stages.

Johnny and Pfadt are kicking off this great relationship with a "Stage 1" package that contains a set of tuned Sport Sway Bars, bushings and endlinks along with bolt-in Shock replacements for each corner. During a testing and development day here at Miller Motorsports Park we nailed down the specifics of each component to tune the balance that this package will provide. The video below helps explain exactly what our goals were and the results of both of our efforts.

The Johnny O’Connell Signature Suspension line is the result of combining the professional driving skills from Johnny O’Connell and the engineering expertise of Pfadt Race Engineering to give you a suspension package tuned to perfection. This suspension system has gone through countless engineering revisions and A/B testing on the race track, mountain passes and stretches of pot-hole riddled road. The purpose, to provide you with a suspension that has racecar level road holding ability and the streetability you would expect from your daily driver.

It was a long test day, but many sessions were required to get a good baseline and step-by-step comparison of all parts/adjustments. We tried many different sway bar combinations and damper valving configurations, and at the end of the day we had solid data showing us exactly where the Johnny O'Connell suspension needs to fall in terms of performance and drivability. With this package you will not need to know how to tune your own suspension, because the work is already done for you

As Johnny has stated before : "When we improve cars, it doesn't mean you have to be a racecar driver, it actually means the opposite. It makes the car easier to drive." This is a philosophy we engineer into all of our suspension products. The Johnny O'Connell signature suspension is the epitome of street driving performance. Upgrading these components will give your Corvette a better balanced, better performing and more easily managed suspension on the street, as well as the track. This will be more of a "set it and forget it" upgrade where you can trust that the work Pfadt and Johnny have done is already optimized for your Corvette chassis.

Take advantage of this great opportunity to get the entire Johnny O'Connell package for 950.00! Good only until September 21st, 2012!
Old 09-04-2012, 10:16 PM
phileaglesfan
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 129 Posts

Only if I wasn't spending $10k or so to go to the Philippines this month. I have got to make it down to your factory some day. My friends Kurt and Ken have been to your factory before.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:13 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Originally Posted by phileaglesfan
Only if I wasn't spending $10k or so to go to the Philippines this month. I have got to make it down to your factory some day. My friends Kurt and Ken have been to your factory before.
Kurt is a good guy! Be sure to stop by any time you happen to be in the big city.

These definitely are a great deal even at their normal price point, take advantage of this before the sale expires!
Old 09-05-2012, 06:56 PM
H-TOWNC6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick question. (This may have been answered in another thread)

Does installing these lower the ride height of the car or does it stay the same?

Just curious as I have been considering these for some time.

Thanks!
Old 09-05-2012, 07:14 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Originally Posted by H-TOWNC6
Quick question. (This may have been answered in another thread)

Does installing these lower the ride height of the car or does it stay the same?

Just curious as I have been considering these for some time.

Thanks!
The shocks on a Corvette suspension have a minimal impact on your ride height. Since these are built to the exact same dimensions as the factory shocks you shouldn't expect too much of a change in ride height. If you find that after 100 miles or so that the car is sitting a little too high you can bring the ride height down with the adjustment bolts on the leaf springs, but keep in mind that going too low without coilovers can compromise handling and ride quality.

Long story short - No. These will have a minimal impact on ride height, and what impact there is can be tuned by the factory adjustments.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:30 PM
Ketchum
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any feed back on kits recently installed? I'm interested in the buyers feedback that have recently installed.

Last edited by Ketchum; 09-05-2012 at 08:01 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:46 PM
CCA Corvette Parts
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 421 Likes on 322 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08,-'13-'14, '16-'17

Originally Posted by Ketchum
Any feed back on kits recently installed? I'm interested in the buyers feedback that have recently installed.
here's a nice write up

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-p...post1581737746

Peace
Chip

Old 09-06-2012, 02:57 AM
AllMOTORC6
Cruising

Is the stage one or stage two better I use my vette more at the drag strip then track course
Old 09-06-2012, 05:38 PM
CCA Corvette Parts

Originally Posted by AllMOTORC6
Is the stage one or stage two better I use my vette more at the drag strip then track course
How much track time vs street time does your car get?

Peace
Chip
Old 09-06-2012, 06:33 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Well the Johnny O'Connell Stage 2 is probably a better fit for drag racing between the two packages... but neither were tuned specifically with drag racing in mind. The simple adjustable damping, elimination of the leaf spring, and increase in rear roll stiffness with a larger rear sway bar probably make the Stage2 package a better choice between the two for drag racing though.

However, we do have Drag Package FeatherLight Coilover packages that can help you optimize weight transfer at the strip. If you're spending a lot of time at the drag strip our Drag Coilovers are likely your best fit. Otherwise the Stage2 just has more flexibility to do more things than the Stage1 does.

Last edited by Pfadt Racing; 09-06-2012 at 06:55 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:04 PM
AllMOTORC6
Cruising

I take mine to the track once a month but I do almost more street racing just was wOndering what would be a better fit!
Old 09-06-2012, 09:11 PM
CCA Corvette Parts

I take mine to the track once a month but I do almost more street racing just was wOndering what would be a better fit!
I was going to suggest the Drag set up if it was a dedicated
track car or saw most of it's use at the track.

Seeing how most of it's time is on the street, I would go with
the Stage 2. You can dial it up when you go to the track and
put it back to a street setting when you are driving around.

I thinlk you will like the adjustbility of the stage 2 over the Stage 1....

Peace
Chip
Old 09-07-2012, 05:00 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Friday bump for a great deal on a great package!
Old 09-10-2012, 11:24 AM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Monday morning reminder about great deals on a great package!
Old 09-10-2012, 11:29 AM
CCA Corvette Parts

Originally Posted by Pfadt Racing
Monday morning reminder about great deals on a great package!
We have some coming your way

Peace
Chip
Old 09-14-2012, 01:07 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Just one more week to take advantage of this great deal! Be sure to place your orders now!
Old 09-14-2012, 02:59 PM
CCA Corvette Parts

Just sent in 2 sets

Peace
Chip

Get notified of new replies

To Pfadt Race Engineering Special: Johnny O'Connell Stage 1 Packages

Quick Reply: Pfadt Race Engineering Special: Johnny O'Connell Stage 1 Packages