C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Detailing question

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 02:05 PM
jl4l
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detailing question

I have a Black C6 that I drive a few times per week in the central Texas heat and keep in a garage the rest of the time. I have read and felt that I wanted to use the Zaino system on my car to keep it super shiney.
So I went in search of a proffessional detailing person in Abilene, Texas to take care of this process. He researched the Zaino product due to being unfamiar and has no problem using the product.

He also stated Quote "I normally use Meguiar's M21 Polymer Sealant layered over a thin coat of Meguiar's M26 Professional Yellow Carnuba Wax. Over the years, I have found that the two coats serve two functions:
• The polymer sealant gives a polished surface a high gloss, long lasting protective finish, and
• The yellow carnuba wax, when layered over the polymer sealant, gives the rich depth to the paint."

Should I try the meguires that he is familiar with or purchase the Zaino for him to use?

Thank you in advance for your replies.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:15 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 819 Likes on 388 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by jl4l
I have a Black C6 that I drive a few times per week in the central Texas heat and keep in a garage the rest of the time. I have read and felt that I wanted to use the Zaino system on my car to keep it super shiney.
So I went in search of a proffessional detailing person in Abilene, Texas to take care of this process. He researched the Zaino product due to being unfamiar and has no problem using the product.

He also stated Quote "I normally use Meguiar's M21 Polymer Sealant layered over a thin coat of Meguiar's M26 Professional Yellow Carnuba Wax. Over the years, I have found that the two coats serve two functions:
• The polymer sealant gives a polished surface a high gloss, long lasting protective finish, and
• The yellow carnuba wax, when layered over the polymer sealant, gives the rich depth to the paint."

Should I try the meguires that he is familiar with or purchase the Zaino for him to use?

Thank you in advance for your replies.
First off I would want to see some of his work. Now I am no professional detailer, but I use Adams and Zaino is a great product, but I believe that the sealant goes on first followed by the wax.
I assume he would start with a good hand wash. Next he should clay the car to remove any contaminates then polish the paint followed by the sealant and then the wax. You may want to ask about the sealant, as if your car is not subjected to the elements on a daily basis, a good coat of wax after the clay bar and polish maybe all you really need.
Again, unless you know the detailer and his work, I would want to see some of his other customers cars. Some detailers can do more damage to the car then you doing it your self.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:18 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,929 Likes on 4,810 Posts

The products he is using are very good and will do the job. But I believe the sealant would be the first layer followed by the wax. If you have seen his work I would let him go ahead with the Mequiars, no need for Zaino.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:20 PM
easyrider13
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use Meguiar's M21. It is a fine product.
And yes, the polymer protectant goes under the wax, not on top.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:26 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 819 Likes on 388 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

Three that say that sealant on first. If in fact he stated wax then sealant, I would definitely want to see some of his other work.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:53 PM
jl4l
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BWF07
Three that say that sealant on first. If in fact he stated wax then sealant, I would definitely want to see some of his other work.

I believe the wax then sealant was an oversight on his e-mail. He later states sealant then wax. His work looks great on a yellow corvette have not seen a black car that he is done but the yellow looks great.

Thanks agian for everyones replies.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:01 PM
red2012
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I also use meguires # 26 yellow and have great results. I wouldn't worry about the product.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:06 PM
JW Motorsports
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 265 Likes on 253 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'19,'22

I would go with what he is familiar with.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:28 PM
tjthomps5629
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JW@JWMotoring.com
I would go with what he is familiar with.

I am a Meguiar's user and have always been happy with the out come. I daily drive my C6 in the summer. I use Gold Class Premium Quik Detailer between wash/waxes.

Cell pic from last weekend. Meguiar's products used... Clay bar, Ultimate Compound, and Ultimate Liquid Wax.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:40 PM
RO55
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like & use Meguiars.

Get notified of new replies

To Detailing question

Quick Reply: Detailing question