C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GM Incentive question.............

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 01:48 AM
FreddyG
Le Mans Master

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Default GM Incentive question.............

Who at GM determines what the incentives are going to be?

I'm just curious, because I've been trying to get on the Manifest list for awhile now. I've e-mailed GM, asking for a brochure, e-mailed customer support, took all of their pop up surveys, called, written, everything short of smoke signals to tell them that I want to buy a Vette. I know that it's hit or miss to get on it, but one can hope.

They have the current Vette owner $3k, but don't have the "I'm a past Vette Owner, and want to come back" incentive!

It just frustrates me and I just needed to get that off of my chest!

Thanks for putting up with my rant!
Old 09-19-2012, 12:31 PM
JJKJ
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Usually you have to go buy a Corvette first. Then a couple days later you will receive several private offers in the mail which you can't use because you already bought your new Corvette. At least that's the process that usually works for me.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:37 PM
sprta
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts

I was on the GM Corvette site building a Corvette and a popup appeared for a 1000.00 private offer good for any car in a dealer's inventory good until Oct 1, 2012. Not sure what triggered the popup and it does not appear to be transferable.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:04 PM
JLMounce
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sure there is more they look at. It's not too hard for a company to track buying patterns of their current and past customers. I just happened to get the "past vette owner" incentive, right about the time I would typically be looking for a new car.

If you purchased your original vette new, that probably helps. GM doesn't get anything if you purchase a used vette for instance.

Are you currently in the GM vehicle? If so, consider trading it as there is usually loyalty incentives. On the contrary, if you're in a Ford or Dodge, there may be conquest incentives. Don't be afraid to ask a dealer.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:37 AM
FreddyG
Le Mans Master

Thanks for the replies!

Originally Posted by JJKJ
Usually you have to go buy a Corvette first. Then a couple days later you will receive several private offers in the mail which you can't use because you already bought your new Corvette. At least that's the process that usually works for me.
That sounds like my luck too!

Originally Posted by sprta
I was on the GM Corvette site building a Corvette and a popup appeared for a 1000.00 private offer good for any car in a dealer's inventory good until Oct 1, 2012. Not sure what triggered the popup and it does not appear to be transferable.
I was on the Chevy website last night too, and received the same popup. The bad part is that when I went to fill it out, it disappeared. Rule No.1 when visiting the site, turn off the popup blocker!

When it popped up, I was almost cheering, then when it disappeared, I went to bed Ticked!

Originally Posted by JLMounce
I'm sure there is more they look at. It's not too hard for a company to track buying patterns of their current and past customers. I just happened to get the "past vette owner" incentive, right about the time I would typically be looking for a new car.

If you purchased your original vette new, that probably helps. GM doesn't get anything if you purchase a used vette for instance.

Are you currently in the GM vehicle? If so, consider trading it as there is usually loyalty incentives. On the contrary, if you're in a Ford or Dodge, there may be conquest incentives. Don't be afraid to ask a dealer.
I did buy it new in 2001 right after 9/11 happened.

I am not currently in a GM vehicle, but your thoughts do make sense.

Thanks again Guys for the input.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:34 PM
LooseScrew
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

New incentives come out on 11/1, I would guess, as current ones expire on 10/30. You might want to wait. The 3k cash back might return to move the '13s along. Who knows?
Old 09-20-2012, 02:26 PM
Scuba Ghost
Team Owner

Received 401 Likes on 282 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

I ordered from Tommy and I am doing the museum delivery. All the paperwork is finalized, I'm just waiting on 10/15 to go to BG and pick her up.
With that said I will guarantee that the next round of incentives will be:
1. $25,000 off sticker
2. 0% financing for the rest of your natural life on any GM you might purchase.
3. $10,000 deposited in your savings account direct from GM
4. Free repairs for your vehicle forever
5. Free tummy tucking, breast enlargements and fanny tuck for your wife and/or girlfriend.
You just watch and see.........
Old 09-20-2012, 02:44 PM
X25
Sr.Random input generator
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,465 Likes on 1,022 Posts

Originally Posted by FreddyG
Thanks for the replies!

I was on the Chevy website last night too, and received the same popup. The bad part is that when I went to fill it out, it disappeared. Rule No.1 when visiting the site, turn off the popup blocker!

When it popped up, I was almost cheering, then when it disappeared, I went to bed Ticked!
I had the very same issue. I started going back an forth between build summary and view inventory page, and Z06 main page, and 20 minutes later, I got the popup which did not disappear this time.

I do have the $1K offer, but I was told by Tim @ Boardwalk that it cannot be combined with the $3K loyalty rebate.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:30 PM
Don-Vette
Race Director

Received 451 Likes on 349 Posts

I got a $3000 offer in the mail 2 months after buying my GS. LMFAO!!!
Old 09-21-2012, 02:41 PM
FreddyG
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by NDMIKE88
I ordered from Tommy and I am doing the museum delivery. All the paperwork is finalized, I'm just waiting on 10/15 to go to BG and pick her up.
With that said I will guarantee that the next round of incentives will be:
1. $25,000 off sticker
2. 0% financing for the rest of your natural life on any GM you might purchase.
3. $10,000 deposited in your savings account direct from GM
4. Free repairs for your vehicle forever
5. Free tummy tucking, breast enlargements and fanny tuck for your wife and/or girlfriend.
You just watch and see.........
You're Killing me here Mike! You wouldn't happen to be a comic for your day job, would you? If so, I'd look for a different line of work!

All joking aside, Congrats on your New Vette! What did you order?

Originally Posted by Ozer
I had the very same issue. I started going back an forth between build summary and view inventory page, and Z06 main page, and 20 minutes later, I got the popup which did not disappear this time.

I do have the $1K offer, but I was told by Tim @ Boardwalk that it cannot be combined with the $3K loyalty rebate.
Thanks Ozer! I'm glad to hear that I could possibly get it again, just by hanging out there. I've been on that site so much, I feel like I helped design the car!

I sold my Vette a couple of years ago, so I don't qualify for that, but I'm hoping that NDMike's list of incentives is true...Heck, I'll buy two cars then!

For the $1k, once you fill out the survey, does it just send you an e-mail? Is the $1k certificate in your name or is it a number like EVA's (Employee Vehicle Allowances) are? How did it work?

Originally Posted by Don-Vette
I got a $3000 offer in the mail 2 months after buying my GS. LMFAO!!!
That sounds like my luck Don!
Old 09-21-2012, 02:48 PM
X25
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks Ozer! I'm glad to hear that I could possibly get it again, just by hanging out there. I've been on that site so much, I feel like I helped design the car!

I sold my Vette a couple of years ago, so I don't qualify for that, but I'm hoping that NDMike's list of incentives is true...Heck, I'll buy two cars then!

For the $1k, once you fill out the survey, does it just send you an e-mail? Is the $1k certificate in your name or is it a number like EVA's (Employee Vehicle Allowances) are? How did it work?
Once you fill the form, it creates a certificate in pdf file format for you to print out, and also sends an e-mail so you can print it out again if you need to. I believe it is locked to your name. It has an authorization number on it along with a PIN number.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:55 PM
Scuba Ghost
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

You're Killing me here Mike! You wouldn't happen to be a comic for your day job, would you? If so, I'd look for a different line of work!

All joking aside, Congrats on your New Vette! What did you order?

That sounds like my luck Don!
Hey FreddieG...ordered a 2013 Coupe, Crysal Red Tint/Cashmere, 2LT,auto, NPP, chromies, targa and doing the museum delivery.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:29 PM
FreddyG
Le Mans Master

Once you fill the form, it creates a certificate in pdf file format for you to print out, and also sends an e-mail so you can print it out again if you need to. I believe it is locked to your name. It has an authorization number on it along with a PIN number.
Thank You for the info! I think that you got Really lucky to get another one in 20 minutes! You should play the lottery!

I'm stalking the Chevy website again tonight to try and get it to popup!

Originally Posted by NDMIKE88
Hey FreddieG...ordered a 2013 Coupe, Crysal Red Tint/Cashmere, 2LT,auto, NPP, chromies, targa and doing the museum delivery.
Sounds like a Nice combination! I'll bet you're counting the days!

Once again, Congratulations on the New Vette!
Old 09-21-2012, 11:41 PM
X25
Support Corvetteforum!

Thank You for the info! I think that you got Really lucky to get another one in 20 minutes! You should play the lottery!

Go to build a car, build a Z06 with no options (to make it quick), and click view inventory. Then go back (back button on browser), click view inventory again until you see it. When you do, stop browser load to avoid it from disappearing. That's what worked for me

Last edited by X25; 09-21-2012 at 11:51 PM.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:59 PM
FreddyG
Le Mans Master

Go to build a car, build a Z06 with no options (to make it quick), and click view inventory. Then go back (back button on browser), click view inventory again until you see it. When you do, stop browser load to avoid it from disappearing. That's what worked for me
Thanks a Bunch Ozer! I Appreciate the help!
Old 09-22-2012, 12:00 AM
calemasters
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Default GM Incentive question.............

Who at GM determines what the incentives are going to be?
Some sales incentives/promotions are national, while other sales incentives are determined regionally. The brand marketing managers and team receive funds from Detroit and make the call on where the incentive dollars are spread and how the money is spent. There are many factors, such as days supply of dealer inventory, sales objectives, national advertising, product availability, how the competition is performing, etc.

So it is not one person that makes the call, but rather it is a brand marketing team decision, which can vary by local, to get the biggest bang for the buck for the limited promotional funds.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:15 AM
sprta
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts

Finally pulled the trigger and used my 1000.00 private offer to purchase my first vette.....Black on Black 2013 coupe, 2LT. The current deals available on the C6's are fantastic.

Get notified of new replies

To GM Incentive question.............

Old 09-22-2012, 11:18 AM
Scuba Ghost
Team Owner

Counting down the days??? How about the hours, minutes and seconds!!!!!
Old 09-22-2012, 12:06 PM
red2012
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

i dont know how true this is and somebody please correct me if i wrong. i was at the dealer the other night where i bought my '12 coupe and kidding around with the salesman that sold me my car i said; hey how does that owner loyalty thing work. before i bought this vette(there were no incentives when i bought mine in dec of '11) i bought one in 1981, does that count as owner loyalty? he said from what he knows it extends all the way back to 1999. could that be true?
Old 09-22-2012, 02:35 PM
X25
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by red2012
i dont know how true this is and somebody please correct me if i wrong. i was at the dealer the other night where i bought my '12 coupe and kidding around with the salesman that sold me my car i said; hey how does that owner loyalty thing work. before i bought this vette(there were no incentives when i bought mine in dec of '11) i bought one in 1981, does that count as owner loyalty? he said from what he knows it extends all the way back to 1999. could that be true?
Perhaps he meant the model year range. You need to currently own it.

Quick Reply: GM Incentive question.............