C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stasek Chevy....what a great dealership!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 07:10 PM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Received 240 Likes on 135 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Stasek Chevy....what a great dealership!

Just got back from a couple days in Chicago, and Stasek Chevrolet really went beyond my expectations with great customer service. I've bought 3 new Corvettes from Bob Clegg at Stasek in the last 2 years. (two Grand Sports and a 60th 427 Vert). Each time, Stasek Chevrolet has made it worth my while to drive almost 1000 miles one way to trade. They consistently have some of the best prices and give thousands more in trade-in than anyone close. I drive from south Alabama to North Chicago for the great deals and great service. The last time I was there (May or June), Bob Stasek said if I ever wanted to fly in and spend a couple of days in Chicago, he'd put me in a Corvette to drive. Recently, I called him up to see if the offer was good. True to his promise, Bob said yes and gave me his cell phone in case he wasn't around the office when I got there.
I showed up Tuesday afternoon and they had a yellow 3lt convertible cleaned up and ready. I don't have to tell you how much nicer it is to drive a Vette Convertible than a rental.
When I showed back up Thursday, Juan shuttled me to O'Hare to catch my flight out.
It's great service like this, as well as the good deals, that keep me going back for my new Vettes. BTW, they have a great selection and some fine Callaways, too.
Thanks to Bob Stasek, Bob Clegg, Brent, and Juan.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:23 PM
grady
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 81 Posts

Glad to have another good dealership mentioned.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:54 PM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by grady
But it's more than just a good dealership. Like having good friends 1000 miles from home. I walk through the door saying "Mom, Dad, I'm home".
Old 10-12-2012, 08:32 PM
C6RaceCar
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The op is dreaming. I personally and several other vette ownersi know have walked from that scam artist stealership laughing. I live near there and you would be in the minority if you felt you got a good deal. You probably got taken. Sorry to say. Ask any local.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:40 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by C6RaceCar
The op is dreaming. I personally and several other vette ownersi know have walked from that scam artist stealership laughing. I live near there and you would be in the minority if you felt you got a good deal. You probably got taken. Sorry to say. Ask any local.
Are you suggesting that David (the OP) made it up? I highly doubt it. He has had great experiences at the dealership and chose to let us know about them. Why not just leave it at that?
Old 10-12-2012, 08:51 PM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Then I've gotten taken 3 times. Maybe it's just my southern accent they like.
I'll stand by my statement that they've been great to deal with for me. And they've been willing to match the best deals I could find. The first time I was worried about dealing with a "city slicker" dealership 1000 miles away. After 3 deals now, I can tell you they are good to their word. One of the few places that I can make a deal over the phone, travel 1000 miles, and find every detail work as promised.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Goatdad
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13

Old 10-12-2012, 08:52 PM
richysvette
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12, '14

Really? They have always treated me great, and others that I know. Why call out the op? WTF...stay off the forum
Old 10-12-2012, 09:06 PM
0Brent@StasekChevy
Former Vendor

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

David It was good to see you again and glad we could help! Enjoy the 427 and the warmer weather down south, it's one fantastic ride!
Old 10-12-2012, 09:14 PM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by Brent@StasekChevy
David It was good to see you again and glad we could help! Enjoy the 427 and the warmer weather down south, it's one fantastic ride!
Thanks, Brent. It was in the 80's today and sunshine........and I worked late playing catch-up. But the weather looks the same tomorrow. Going to be a great Saturday for a 427 Vert.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:15 PM
C6RaceCar
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by richysvette
Really? They have always treated me great, and others that I know. Why call out the op? WTF...stay off the forum
Not calling him out. Just offering my opinion just like he did. I have that right.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:18 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

Originally Posted by grady
thx for sharing, David...
Old 10-12-2012, 09:45 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Not calling him out. Just offering my opinion just like he did. I have that right.
Actually, you did call him out. You alleged that his account of his experiences at the dealership must have been bogus since you and others claim to have not had the same type of experience. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:53 PM
C6RaceCar
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mpuzach
Actually, you did call him out. You alleged that his account of his experiences at the dealership must have been bogus since you and others claim to have not had the same type of experience. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.
Spin it how you will. But both sides of the coin are allowed here. no need to cry about it.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:44 PM
AviBen
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm also a Chicago area local yokel and -- as I've previously posted on this forum -- I've been treated well by Stasek Chevy. I'll be there in the morning for another wash....
Old 10-13-2012, 12:20 AM
mpuzach
Race Director

Spin it how you will. But both sides of the coin are allowed here. no need to cry about it.
Your tone is uncalled for and not appreciated. If you've had different experiences from those of the OP, I'll be the last person to take issue with you posting about them here, no problem. What's not right is for you to try to invalidate what the OP said because your own experiences were different from his. His (and others') experiences were good. Yours were bad. Why not just leave it at that?
Old 10-13-2012, 09:34 AM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear of your positive experience and also it is very admirable that you show that kind of loyalty to a business, it is quite obvious you and Stasek have built quite a relationship! Thanks for sharing your story and putting a positive spin on the dealership, it is good to hear someone telling a story where the glass is full and not empty!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Stasek Chevy....what a great dealership!

Old 10-13-2012, 11:08 AM
johnodrake

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,578 Likes on 1,619 Posts

Your tone is uncalled for and not appreciated. If you've had different experiences from those of the OP, I'll be the last person to take issue with you posting about them here, no problem. What's not right is for you to try to invalidate what the OP said because your own experiences were different from his. His (and others') experiences were good. Yours were bad. Why not just leave it at that?
Excellent point. People should heed that sage advice....
Old 10-13-2012, 11:46 AM
billiam01
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

It's not always just "dealerships". They are full of people with different ideas, moods, and motivation. Deals are two-ways streets and can greatly depend on which individual you're dealing with, what day or even time of day, and how he and his boss are feeling that day (or even hour). The better dealerships are more consistent but all of this depends a lot on how the customer comes across too. Entitlement attitudes generally start off bad. It's not always about the lowest price either. Some customers just can't recognize a fair deal. The treatment the OP got - wow, that's way over red carpet!
Old 10-13-2012, 11:52 AM
mjslouz06
Racer

Quick Reply: Stasek Chevy....what a great dealership!