C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 C6 A6 Shifts Faster than DCT )Dual Clutch Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Ford John
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 2012 C6 A6 Shifts Faster than DCT )Dual Clutch Transmission

My Corvette buddy's and non Corvette buddy's continue to think that i am abusing my corvette when leaving meeting. Wife thinks the car is scary.

I am just my A6 in manual (tap shift) mode at 3200 rpm with NPP open. First shift in 1/8 of on second (Faster shifting than Porsche DCT)
(Note: Borg Warner NY manufactures the most number of DCT transmissions worldwide. Dual Clutch Transmissions Wikipedia)
Read more:

http://www.vetteweb.com/tech/vemp_12...lickety_shift/

VM: Is Staged Upshifts equally beneficial to all lower-gear shifts?

GG: No. Staged Upshifts is most beneficial for 1-2, then 2-3, then 3-4, in that order.

VM: Are the benefits quantifiable?

GG: Yes. Staged Upshifts achieves approximately a 65 percent reduction in the WOT 1-2 shift time, if you look strictly at the time from when the owner hits the tap button to the time he or she feels something. It went from 350 milliseconds down to about 120 milliseconds.

RM: And the WOT 2-3 shift-time went from 400 milliseconds down to about 200 milliseconds.

VM: Is Staged Upshifts activated in all of the Corvette's driving modes?

RM: It works anytime you're in manual mode. The reason it's not used in Drive mode or Sport mode is because the transmission controller schedules when the upshift happens in this modes; the clutch fills are already happening. In the manual mode, when the owner requests a shift, we need to get all the additional delay out of there so it can happen near-instantaneously.

VM: Finally, how does Staged Upshifts affect Corvette's quarter-mile performance?

GG: Normally we set all of our fastest acceleration runs in Sport mode, letting the transmission shift at the precise time. Staged Upshifts gives Corvette owners the ability--while in manual mode--to shift at the precise time they want to and set the vehicle's fastest times.

Chevrolet has no plans at this time to offer Staged Upshifts as a performance retrofit to automatic '05-'11 C6s. But since the invention is not 6L80-specific, it's likely to be included in the transmissions installed in future Corvettes.

Read more: http://www.vetteweb.com/tech/vemp_12...#ixzz2961QtOWG

Quick Reply: 2012 C6 A6 Shifts Faster than DCT )Dual Clutch Transmission