C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shifter Linkage Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 12:10 PM
seagull extra
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shifter Linkage Upgrade

I had my 07 Z06 at the dealer because of a rattle that seemed to be comeing from the HVAC vents. They deterimed that it was comeing from the shifter linkage and replaced it with a part that has been upgraded. The rattle is now gone and the shifter has a more positive feel to it now. IMO if you have an 07 or older this upgraded shifter linkage is well worth it.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:55 PM
blacktexasc6
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by seagull extra
I had my 07 Z06 at the dealer because of a rattle that seemed to be comeing from the HVAC vents. They deterimed that it was comeing from the shifter linkage and replaced it with a part that has been upgraded. The rattle is now gone and the shifter has a more positive feel to it now. IMO if you have an 07 or older this upgraded shifter linkage is well worth it.
If you don't mind me asking...how much did it cost? I believe mine needs it too
Old 10-20-2012, 02:26 PM
SUB VETTE
SUBVETTE
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 89 Likes on 62 Posts

The early Z06's had metallic bushings mounting the shifter box to the torque tube which rattled. The replacement shifter box, which is the same for both Z06 and non Z06 applications, has rubber mount bushings between the box and the torque tube which solved the problem. Glad you are rattle free now.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:00 PM
seagull extra
Intermediate

My car is still on extended warrenty so I'm not 100% what the cost would be but I paid a $100 deductable and I think they mentioned that the insurance company paid $300.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:49 PM
SUB VETTE
SUBVETTE
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 89 Likes on 62 Posts

The new shifter box (part only) is about $150 from forum vendor www.gmpartshouse.com who I bought one from.
Old 07-04-2017, 04:10 AM
Lorenzo Serra
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by seagull extra
I really appreciate your post as the sound is really driving me nuts

I'll take a look into the shifter today by holding it tight into gear and see what happens...

It's probably either that or just excessive valve train noise but it's strange as it's coming straight from the HVAC vents as you described.

It seems that the sound only comes to life when the engine reaches its proper running temperature after about 8-10 minutes of running.

Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To Shifter Linkage Upgrade

Quick Reply: Shifter Linkage Upgrade