C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D2s Fab upgrade to 55w low beam Hids

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 11:42 AM
UmX
Safety Car

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Default D2s Fab upgrade to 55w low beam Hids

Decided to take my own approach at this since one of my ballast was dying. I have a few pictures to start.

Be very careful when you take out the headlight to not tilt it down ( projector's facing the ground) I had dirt in mine and it fell into the lens area and lens removal is the only way to clean it up. Air compressor will not work.

I tapped into the stock leads for the harness spliced and soldered for proper connection. Then extended the wires long enough do the ballast could be with in reach of the wheel well so removing the headlight would not need to be done in the future if a problem occurred. I Cut a piece of Lexan glass I picked up from lowes for $3.99. And siliconed it down to seal it. The piece I cut out was 9.5mm x 10.5mm. Im sure I could of made it look far more professional but its under the car and no one see's it anyways.

Last edited by UmX; 10-26-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:44 PM
UmX
Safety Car

New pictures...

Project came out good, few problems I came across - headlight d2s bulbs fit perfect using the stock bracket. only thing issue the brace for the bulb is towards the left and not facing down. Im going to try to play with it tomorrow and see if i can correct it. Bc right now the headlight is throwing a improper beam and a poor cut off. not sure if the support bar has anythign to do with the way the light is projector out or not.

ddm also after 17 days of shipping sent me the wrong color bulbs for the fog lights for that 55w kit as well. Fog lights throw so much freaking light its crazy, way more then the headlights for sure..

If i had the money I would of went with these kits http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=242

But i rarely drive at night.

Last edited by UmX; 10-26-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:02 PM
UmX
Safety Car

I would not recommend purchasing products from DDM tuning, very poor customer service. They sent me the wrong product and will not send me the correct one. Stay away.

Get notified of new replies

To D2s Fab upgrade to 55w low beam Hids

Quick Reply: D2s Fab upgrade to 55w low beam Hids