C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kerbeck Best Price?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 09:42 PM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 1,140 Posts

Default Kerbeck Best Price?

so I am about ready to pull the trigger on a new C6. I talked to Kerbeck and am feel confident their prices listed on the internet are available to me. based on local dealers they swear to get these great deals one would need to be a gm employee and qualify for that discount, which I am not.

two local dealers say we all buy at the same price....... but Kerbeck is $1000s of dollars lower and one local dealer does fairly high volume. basically the local dealers quote price is what the discount price is at Kerbeck before the $3K loyalty so their deal is $3K better!!!

won't be able to trade my C5 but waiting til spring is not that big a deal.

Kerbeck is willing to put the quote in writing, do the financing and all I need to do is show up. Now just to pick a car.

Any reason to doubt Kerbeck is not the real deal? Local dealers say there can't be this much difference and Kerbeck will come up with a got ya?

Last edited by Greg00Coupe; 11-10-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:47 PM
Dave S
Retired & lovin' it!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 444 Likes on 332 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg00Coupe
so I am about ready to pull the trigger on a new C6. I talked to Kerbeck and am feel confident their prices listed on the internet are available to me. based on local dealers they swear to get these great deals one would need to be a gm employee and qualify for that discount, which I am not.

two local dealers say we all buy at the same price....... but Kerbeck is $1000s of dollars lower and one local dealer does fairly high volume. basically the local dealers quote price is what the discount price is at Kerbeck before the $3K loyalty so their deal is $3K better!!!

Kerbeck is willing to put the quote in writing, do the financing and all I need to do is show up. Now just to pick a car.
Is there a question here?
Old 11-10-2012, 09:47 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

I went with Mike Furman and Criswell. Not going to hurt you to check with Mike either.
Both places are very well respected dealers on here and you will be in good hands with whoever you go with.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:00 PM
Glen220
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I found Tommy Jr. at MacMulkin smoked Kerbecks price by several thousands.

Check with Tommy Jr. before you pull the trigger.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:21 PM
morrisk64
Heel & Toe

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen220

Great advice!! Tommy Jr is the best
Old 11-10-2012, 11:27 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Why not just ask Kerbeck (or any dealer with whom you negotiate a deal) what if any conditions you need to meet in order to qualify for the quoted price? Seems like that would keep things very simple.

Another thing to keep in mind is that Kerbeck might be further reducing your purchase price by the amount of dealer holdback money they'll receive from GM after they sell the car. Not all dealers will do this, so that could explain the differences in selling prices. Kerbeck may very well be less concerned about making money directly from the sale of a new C6 to you than they are about simply selling as many 2013s as possible in order to bump up their initial allocations of 2014 C7s, which they'll sell at substantial profit margins.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:11 AM
PittMD1
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Greg00Coupe

Any reason to doubt Kerbeck is not the real deal? Local dealers say there can't be this much difference and Kerbeck will come up with a got ya?
I bought from a different fourm dealer and they beat the local dealers by thousands. I don't know how they do it but they do.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:20 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,947 Likes on 2,177 Posts

I bought my 2008 c6 new from Dave at kerbeck and the entire process was flawless. I never bought from them before and at first I had similar reservations...but I went forward anyway and I'm glad I did ..

Everything was exactly as they described over the phone. No funny business ,,,,just a great deal

Hope this helps and best of luck
Old 11-11-2012, 04:58 AM
Johnny_B_Good
Safety Car

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

In my book Kerbeck is first rate. About 3 weeks ago I picked up my brand new ’13 GS Coupe from them….14K off the sticker……no ifs, ands or buts. Go for it.

Last edited by Johnny_B_Good; 11-11-2012 at 08:01 AM.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:47 AM
Kiser64
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

I bought from Tommy Jr. He beat all of the other forum dealers by different margins. I chose R8C NCM delivery and the whole process was absolutely painless and quite frankly, a pleasure, which I've never been able to use to characterize car buying! Having read about the great experiences with most forum dealers, I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. Most of us are biased by our own experiences with our particular forum dealer and I can tell you that Tommy has earned my future vette business, as well. I think you will be happy with any of the dealers mentioned so far, and the deals are real. Good luck with your purchase! Remember to post pics!

Last edited by Kiser64; 11-11-2012 at 05:53 AM.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:30 AM
beaubear
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Went with Tommy Jr. and the deal was flawless. Beat everyone else in pricing.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:16 AM
FortMorganAl
Le Mans Master

Location: Currently somewhere in IL,IN,KY,TN,MO,AR,MS,AL, or FL
Received 228 Likes on 187 Posts

I went to 6 "local" dealers in 3 states including "DOWNSTATE ILLINOIS' #1 VOLUME DEALER!!!". I told each what I was offered by a forum dealer and that I would buy from them that day if they would match the price. The salesmen were all impressed and checked "with my boss" before returning to say that was impossible. The closest one came in about $2,000 higher. Guess which dealer got my business?

Local dealers just can't compete with volume, volume, volume. It's like a mom and pop trying to compete with Wal-Mart.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:09 AM
jb_va2001
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
DC Area Events Coordinator

I bought my 2013 from Kerbeck, Dave Salvatore was $3,300 below the best price I got elsewhere, including other CF dealer sponsors I checked. The local dealer give me the, "that price can't be real" speech. It was real, I'm loving the car. Check other CF dealer sponsors to be certain, but Kerbeck is the real deal.

Cheers,
JB
Old 11-11-2012, 08:11 AM
steve8
Race Director

Received 914 Likes on 450 Posts

I'd trust the quote.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:18 AM
p4snow
Burning Brakes

Received 453 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by beaubear
Went with Tommy Jr. and the deal was flawless. Beat everyone else in pricing.
Just got home last night from museum delivery - 900 miles to Houston - and Tommy called to make sure everything was okay. He is the man!
Old 11-11-2012, 08:32 AM
KABAL182
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

I have purchased from kerrbeck also. Overall very nice guys to work with. Dave my salesman picked me up from the bus terminal to bring me to the dealership. I received lunch while I waited for the paperwork to process.The only negative I had and this is splitting hairs, is a doc fee of around $120 dollars.This may have been a oversight as I mentioned I was a forum member, but the deal was done in person not over the internet. But like I said for lunch and a ride I called it even as the price quoted was what I received. I also added a GM card discount to the deal when I arrived.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:43 AM
j_digi454
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen220

Originally Posted by morrisk64
Great advice!! Tommy Jr is the best
Same here. Great and easy transaction, no hidden "costs".

Get notified of new replies

To Kerbeck Best Price?

Old 11-11-2012, 08:45 AM
flange
Team Owner

Received 267 Likes on 136 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

as in any business, high volume sellers do better than low volume sellers. in the case of kerbeck, a longtime franchisee who sells a lot of gm product, its likely they have an advantage over newer low volume dealers. perhaps they do get the same invoice as everyone else, who knows? likely the back end of the deal is structured differently with gm. i have never worked in the car biz and have no facts, but I do know they sell a lot of vettes. i also know several who have purchased there with no complaints.

look, I have a local dealer with ten 12 models left. they havent moved a single one in months. they still want sticker minus the incentives, no other discount. they claim kerbeck killed their market. fine, if thats true, why put them on the floor? why keep them in inventory? why not blow them out and move on to cars they can sell. floor space costs money. they are waiting for in impulse buyer to walk in and pay sticker. perhaps it will happen, perhaps not. in the meantime, the kerbecks', mcmulkins, boardwalks, criswells and others of the world keeep rolling them out to educated consumers at great prices.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:49 AM
DJSpeece
Racer

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Double D Mods
I went with Mike Furman and Criswell. Not going to hurt you to check with Mike either.
Both places are very well respected dealers on here and you will be in good hands with whoever you go with.
I would concur, Buckeye (I grew up in Louisville). I now live in MD, and wanted to buy locally and Criswell offered a sweet sweet deal without having to travel out of state. It's about a 5 hour drive from Canton, or you could fly into BWI. It would be a great trip back to Ohio!
Dan
Old 11-11-2012, 08:53 AM
CPTAHAB
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stingray Chevy, just outside Tampa has some great prices and a huge inventory.

Quick Reply: Kerbeck Best Price?