12 Hours of Sebring 2013 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back   >
Log In 
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor Directory

C6 Corvette General Discussion
General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech Sponsored by
PFYC

12 Hours of Sebring 2013

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-21-2012, 12:22 PM   #1
TCKT B8
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '09 & '11
Thread Starter
 
TCKT B8's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2007
Location: Melbourne FL
Posts: 1,361
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default 12 Hours of Sebring 2013

Has anyone gone to Sebring for the 12 hour race? What goes on in the Corvette Coral? I'm trying to decide if I should purchase a Corvette Coral ticket or a general admission ticket.
TCKT B8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:43 PM   #2
wwwFLA
CF Senior Member
 
wwwFLA's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2005
Posts: 402
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Default

I usually go every year. The corral is open to everyone. The paying for the parking also includes a lunch and a parade lap. If you want to take a lap or two around the circuit it may be worth it to you.
wwwFLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:11 PM   #3
BWF07
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer
 
BWF07's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2006
Location: Palm Harbor not far from Sebring Florida
Posts: 7,982
Thanks: 0
Thanked 40 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Actually the corral is not open to everyone at Sebring. You must have the pass on your car as well as the credentials to set in. They do have people at the tent that check. I go to the corral and it is well worth the extra money. Not only do they feed you, but there is close circuit TV of the race so you don't have to be out a long the track all the time. The tent is great for getting out of the sun and even though it is early March, in Florida it can get hot.
Next good thing about the Corral pass, is you don't have to get in line hours before the drives autograph session, because that come to the corral to sign what ever you have or you can simply take the posters available at the tent and they sign them.
So if you are going I highly recommend the corral pass. I'll be there again next year as it is the last official ALMS race to be held there.
BWF07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:57 AM   #4
NVR2L8
CF Senior Member
 
NVR2L8's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2003
Location: Bowling Green KY
Posts: 1,578
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWF07 View Post
Actually the corral is not open to everyone at Sebring. You must have the pass on your car as well as the credentials to set in. They do have people at the tent that check. I go to the corral and it is well worth the extra money. Not only do they feed you, but there is close circuit TV of the race so you don't have to be out a long the track all the time. The tent is great for getting out of the sun and even though it is early March, in Florida it can get hot.
Next good thing about the Corral pass, is you don't have to get in line hours before the drives autograph session, because that come to the corral to sign what ever you have or you can simply take the posters available at the tent and they sign them.
So if you are going I highly recommend the corral pass. I'll be there again next year as it is the last official ALMS race to be held there.
Where is the best place to buy Corral tickets? The Sebring web site? The NCM? The local Corvette Club? Which one? Also, is there a pass for people who are just spectators? I will be flying down with my son, and do not need a parking pass.

Thanks.

Last edited by NVR2L8; 01-24-2013 at 01:00 AM.
NVR2L8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:03 AM   #5
lavla
CF Senior Member
 
lavla's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,229
Thanked 20 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVR2L8 View Post
Where is the best place to buy Corral tickets? The Sebring web site? The NCM? The local Corvette Club? Which one? Also, is there a pass for people who are just spectators? I will be flying down with my son, and do not need a parking pass.

Thanks.
Go the the Sebring Raceway website (www.sebringraceway.com) and order the tickets from there. It's always a great time and the weather is always great. If you buy the Corvette Corral tickets and have your Corvette there on Thursday, they allow all the Vettes in the Corral to drive two laps of the track at 7pm. Great stuff!




Last edited by lavla; 01-24-2013 at 04:10 AM.
lavla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:25 AM   #6
mcandrew67
CF Senior Member
 
mcandrew67's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2006
Location: MIRAMAR FL
Posts: 10,534
Thanked 75 Times in 60 Posts
Default

I was going to go, but waited to late to book a hotel and i really dont feel like driving up and back and staying the whole day. Makes for a longgggg day. The Corral is great as mentioned above. If you didnt already book a hotel you are SOL. They are all sold out, unless someone knows of any I missed please let me know.
Best place to get the passes is the website above.
David
mcandrew67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:54 AM   #7
pewter99
Auctioneer Administrator
Support Corvetteforum!
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
I believe in the Beer Fairy
 
pewter99's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 1999
Posts: 153,933

Thanked 128 Times in 79 Posts
Default

we will be back....all 4 days this year..taking 2 Vettes and a n00b from Oz ...the corral is worth it for the parking alone....lunch is "meh" passed on it the last few times as it showed up early sat out in the heat for awhile and I am not up for eating a soggy warm sandwich....not a fan of the free lunch...they do have hot coffee and breakfast stuff however if you get there early which is nice as it is usually chilly in the morning besides we need some coffee before we start all day....

as mentioned driver autographs are a plus and being able to get out of the weather (hot, rain, etc is nice as well with the tent...
pewter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:07 PM   #8
Purerock105
CF Senior Member
 
Purerock105's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2001
Location: St. Petersburg Florida
Posts: 17,596
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pewter99 View Post
we will be back....all 4 days this year..taking 2 Vettes and a n00b from Oz ..
I'm starting to question the company y'all keep.

I'm going again this year too. Austin is going, just Saturday tho.

I agree with most that the corral price is indeed pricey, but you still cant beat it just for the proximity and security of your car, let alone the perks inside and out of the GM tent.
Purerock105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:25 PM   #9
pewter99
Auctioneer Administrator
Support Corvetteforum!
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
I believe in the Beer Fairy
 
pewter99's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 1999
Posts: 153,933

Thanked 128 Times in 79 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purerock105 View Post
I'm starting to question the company y'all keep.

I'm going again this year too. Austin is going, just Saturday tho.

I agree with most that the corral price is indeed pricey, but you still cant beat it just for the proximity and security of your car, let alone the perks inside and out of the GM tent.
I hear ya on the company...not only do we hang out with some questionable ice cream eatin sleazeball trucker we have a foreigner coming along....thankfully you will blend in with the rest of the riff raff
pewter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:45 AM   #10
TKgs2010
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2010
Location: Syracuse New York
Posts: 3,360
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcandrew67 View Post
I was going to go, but waited to late to book a hotel and i really dont feel like driving up and back and staying the whole day. Makes for a longgggg day. The Corral is great as mentioned above. If you didnt already book a hotel you are SOL. They are all sold out, unless someone knows of any I missed please let me know.
Best place to get the passes is the website above.
David
Try the Omni Champions Gate just west of Lake Buena Vista, it's about a 45 minute drive from Sebring, very nice property, stayed there several times. We're staying at the Ritz Carlton Bonnet Creek just east of there, equally nice property if you don't mind the drive.
TKgs2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:53 AM   #11
TKgs2010
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2010
Location: Syracuse New York
Posts: 3,360
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVR2L8 View Post
Where is the best place to buy Corral tickets? The Sebring web site? The NCM? The local Corvette Club? Which one? Also, is there a pass for people who are just spectators? I will be flying down with my son, and do not need a parking pass.

Thanks.
I don't believe they sell spectator only corral tix, it's inclusive of parking for your Vette, plus it includes admission, secure area and hospitality tent with coffee and soft drinks all day, plus a light breakfast and catered lunch daily. They usually display the latest in new Vettes (think C7?), and the Corvette brass are always around and willing to talk Vettes. Frequent visits by the race team drivers and staff like Ron fellows and Doug Fehan, lots of give-aways and info available, as well as closed circuit TV in the tent. Go on the Sebring website, but don't wait long, as the Corral sold out last year. ^th year in a row for me, hope to see you there.
TKgs2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:15 PM   #12
evan26
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Jan 2010
Location: Palm Coast Florida
Posts: 49
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

2013 will be my third visit to the Sebring Corvette Corral, and it's definitely worth the money. Does anyone know if the 7pm Thursday parade lap time has been confirmed? I already have my tickets and car pass in hand, but there was no schedule to accompany them. Any insight would be appreciated.
evan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:00 PM   #13
trivette
CF Senior Member
 
trivette's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2004
Location: st paul minnesota
Posts: 1,892
Thanked 32 Times in 26 Posts
Default

My sons and I attended Sebring in '06, and flying from MN obviously did not have a 'Vette in the Corral. We were not permitted in and no option to buy a spectator pass either. Unless you have a motorhome/camper or other higher location for race viewing it is not a spectator-friendly venue. Checked it off my bucket list and will watch on TV from now on and attend the races at Road America annually instead.
trivette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:45 PM   #14
08velocity
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '13
 
08velocity's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2012
Location: Clermont fl
Posts: 921
Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Default

We are going, but we got the one day superticket, and the Chateau Elan package so we will get to use all the amenities of the resort. this is our first time at the 12 hours! ( my valentines present from my amazing wife ! ) hope to maybe see some of the peeps from the site !
08velocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:26 PM   #15
mcandrew67
CF Senior Member
 
mcandrew67's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2006
Location: MIRAMAR FL
Posts: 10,534
Thanked 75 Times in 60 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trivette View Post
My sons and I attended Sebring in '06, and flying from MN obviously did not have a 'Vette in the Corral. We were not permitted in and no option to buy a spectator pass either. Unless you have a motorhome/camper or other higher location for race viewing it is not a spectator-friendly venue. Checked it off my bucket list and will watch on TV from now on and attend the races at Road America annually instead.
There are a lot of great viewing places all around the track right in the action... did you not walk around?
mcandrew67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:29 PM   #16
pewter99
Auctioneer Administrator
Support Corvetteforum!
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
I believe in the Beer Fairy
 
pewter99's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 1999
Posts: 153,933

Thanked 128 Times in 79 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trivette View Post
My sons and I attended Sebring in '06, and flying from MN obviously did not have a 'Vette in the Corral. We were not permitted in and no option to buy a spectator pass either. Unless you have a motorhome/camper or other higher location for race viewing it is not a spectator-friendly venue. Checked it off my bucket list and will watch on TV from now on and attend the races at Road America annually instead.
Sebring is THE BEST track for viewing....you can't be lazy....you need to walk the entire track...tons of viewing areas.
pewter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #17
TCKT B8
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '09 & '11
Thread Starter
 
TCKT B8's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2007
Location: Melbourne FL
Posts: 1,361
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcandrew67 View Post
I was going to go, but waited to late to book a hotel and i really dont feel like driving up and back and staying the whole day. Makes for a longgggg day. The Corral is great as mentioned above. If you didnt already book a hotel you are SOL. They are all sold out, unless someone knows of any I missed please let me know.
Best place to get the passes is the website above.
David
Interesting how close our license plates are - mine's TCKT B8, but the car is yellow
TCKT B8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:34 PM   #18
mcandrew67
CF Senior Member
 
mcandrew67's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2006
Location: MIRAMAR FL
Posts: 10,534
Thanked 75 Times in 60 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCKT B8 View Post
Interesting how close our license plates are - mine's TCKT B8, but the car is yellow
funny and both in FL I hope you dont get a ticket and the guy writes the tag down wrong
mcandrew67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:25 PM   #19
Grant Elis
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2011
Location: Kremmling Colorado
Posts: 308
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pewter99 View Post
Sebring is THE BEST track for viewing....you can't be lazy....you need to walk the entire track...tons of viewing areas.
I disagree. Laguna Seca, Top of the hill, walk 30 yards back and forth from the Corkscrew to the front side of hill, a good 90% of the track is visible from that hill. Thanks, Grant.
Grant Elis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:44 AM   #20
TKgs2010
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2010
Location: Syracuse New York
Posts: 3,360
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWF07 View Post
Actually the corral is not open to everyone at Sebring. You must have the pass on your car as well as the credentials to set in. They do have people at the tent that check. I go to the corral and it is well worth the extra money. Not only do they feed you, but there is close circuit TV of the race so you don't have to be out a long the track all the time. The tent is great for getting out of the sun and even though it is early March, in Florida it can get hot.
Next good thing about the Corral pass, is you don't have to get in line hours before the drives autograph session, because that come to the corral to sign what ever you have or you can simply take the posters available at the tent and they sign them.
So if you are going I highly recommend the corral pass. I'll be there again next year as it is the last official ALMS race to be held there.
I'll be there in March, our 6th year running in the Corral. If past history holds true, I'm thinking we'll see a new C7 on display there, in past years they've always had the latest Vettes on display in the Corral, and Chevrolet always has a big area there with new cars and parts.
TKgs2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • 12 Hours of Sebring 2013
  •  
     
    Reply

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    SEBRING Corvette Corral Pirateslife4me C5 General 5 03-15-2014 11:20 AM
    No Corvette Coral at the Rolex 24 in 2014 ?? angman5 C5 General 2 10-30-2013 09:19 PM
    Corvette coral / Road Atlanta / The Petit Le Mans MB2 C6 Corvette General Discussion 6 06-27-2013 10:54 PM
    12 Hours Of Sebring angman5 C5 General 16 03-17-2013 09:17 AM
    12 Hours of Sebring ... CDN_Wolf_eh Canadian Events 43 03-18-2007 09:05 AM


    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Click for Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off

    Forum Jump


    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:12 PM.