C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth iPhone 4s 2012 Grand Sport

Old 12-03-2012, 12:37 PM
sellshort
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Bluetooth iPhone 4s 2012 Grand Sport

I am having issues answering calls from the hangs free button on the sterring wheel. I would appreciate any input or fixes. Is it a car problem or a bluetooth problem, or both? Thank you in advance. Bill in San Diego.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:49 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,045 Likes on 1,358 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

When there is an incoming call, do you hear the "ring" through the car speakers or through the phone speaker?

If you hear it through the car speakers, then there is some sort of recognition going on. If not, then...

My wife and I always have identical cellphones. When we got our 2009, they were cheapie Samsung dumb phones. Early this year, we got a pair of Iphone 4S.

In each case, we had no trouble pairing the phones with the car. But in each case, after a couple of weeks the car would lose the pairing for one or both phones. This happened at least twice with the old phones and same with the Iphones. Once I figured out what had happened, I deleted/paired both phones and everything was fine for a couple of weeks/months, then it happened again. But after the first 2-3 months, the next pairing not only worked ok but continued to work without problem.

We had the dumbphones paired for a couple of years at the end with no problems, and our Iphones have been fine for the last 6 months/6k miles.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:59 PM
sellshort
Instructor

Originally Posted by Gearhead Jim
When there is an incoming call, do you hear the "ring" through the car speakers or through the phone speaker?

If you hear it through the car speakers, then there is some sort of recognition going on. If not, then...

My wife and I always have identical cellphones. When we got our 2009, they were cheapie Samsung dumb phones. Early this year, we got a pair of Iphone 4S.

In each case, we had no trouble pairing the phones with the car. But in each case, after a couple of weeks the car would lose the pairing for one or both phones. This happened at least twice with the old phones and same with the Iphones. Once I figured out what had happened, I deleted/paired both phones and everything was fine for a couple of weeks/months, then it happened again. But after the first 2-3 months, the next pairing not only worked ok but continued to work without problem.

We had the dumbphones paired for a couple of years at the end with no problems, and our Iphones have been fine for the last 6 months/6k miles.

Usually the radio/XM/or iphone is on. The incoming call comes in and the music/talk goes quiet, Then I push the button on the stirring wheel and the call does not connect. Then I kill the call and the music comes back on but I've dissconnected the call. It seems I can only answer from the phone itself, hitting the "from Vehicle" button on the phone does put it through the car speakers but I don't want to fool with the phone while I'm driving.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:15 PM
Bellebuddy1
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have had the same issue with all 3 of my GM Bluetooth vehicles and the iphone 4. What I think I have done to fix it is to hold the answer button on the steering wheel for a couple of seconds and it seems to connect fine. I was just giving the button a firm quick push but that was not getting it connected. Just hold down a little bit longer and see if this helps. JB
Old 12-03-2012, 01:16 PM
Cyber Greg
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Hold down the button on the steering wheel forA couple seconds to connect the phone
Old 12-03-2012, 01:19 PM
sellshort
Instructor

Great answer!! Thank you very much. I will try that and report back.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:21 PM
cpmatthew
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gregory123
Hold down the button on the steering wheel forA couple seconds to connect the phone
Yep. If I just press the button, the nice lady in the car tells me I have an incoming call and how to answer it. Press and hold the answer button for a few seconds.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:59 PM
jrjjrj
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Unable to Pair

Anyone else have trouble pairing their iPhone with their bluetooth? I have a 2011 and after trying for several minutes the system comes back and indicates that no phone is found. I have paired this phone with other vehicles without problem. By the way it is a Sprint device running iOS 6.0.1.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:05 PM
johnodrake

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,569 Likes on 1,614 Posts

My iPhone 5 works correctly with the 2013 427.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:18 PM
Delbert
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I had this issue on my 2010 Corvette using my
iPhone 4 when I first got it. As mentioned
Earlier, if you hold down the call answer
Button just a couple of seconds, the call will go
Through properly. One additional tip. Allow the
Phone to ring a couple of times through
Your car speakers and observe the incoming
Caller ID in your dashboard display prior to
Answering the call.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:23 PM
C8gman
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 40 Posts

iPhone 5 latest iOS - running fine in 2012 Coupe
Old 12-03-2012, 04:04 PM
CaryBob
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 344 Likes on 221 Posts

I have two iPhone 5s and one iPhone 4 paired to my 2012. You can pair as many as five phones. If there is more than one paired phone in the area, it connects to whichever one you paired earliest.

You have to hold the button down for 2 seconds to answer the incoming call. The owners manual says you hold the button for two seconds to engage voice commands, but you have to do the same to answer incoming calls as well. At least that is true on mine.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:49 PM
BlueAngelSAE
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's all about holding the button....the first quick push mutes the radio, so if you push for a few seconds it connects....had same issue then read the manual.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:55 PM
johnodrake

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,569 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueAngelSAE
It's all about holding the button....the first quick push mutes the radio, so if you push for a few seconds it connects....had same issue then read the manual.
RTFM is a cure for many, many issues

Get notified of new replies

To Bluetooth iPhone 4s 2012 Grand Sport

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bluetooth iPhone 4s 2012 Grand Sport