C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removed Zo6 emblem to Z51

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 06:27 PM
johnbriganti
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks all for the positive comments all others you know what they say about opinions.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:28 PM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by johnbriganti
It took me a while to see how i fill those holes or leave them like you and i did this post to show that im happy with the cherry on top on my car that im modding to my taste not to others. Im sticking with these emblems since a vendor design them and i like them. I dont need to drive a zr1 to show power or that i paid 100,ooo grand that i have money i did this for the other z51 owners and guys to see that this is available. This is not a post to bash z51 owners but show that im happy with how my car turned out. Hate it love it dont care i love it and thats what matters. BTW Mcandrew once i get done with some projects ill pm you for a meet at Hooters in Ft lauderdale first round on me. We live in Sunny Florida and i know we can drive our cars all year long.
Sounds good....
Old 12-09-2012, 06:30 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So now you are posing as a Z51? What model is that?
Old 12-09-2012, 06:37 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by BWF07
Those are different. I have a wide body on my '07 coupe, however it is only the rear section. I also have the Z51 option and Z51 badges, but not like yours.
I am sure (and mostly likely it won't take long) there will be those that will say you are now posing as a ZR1, but don't worry about those members that are all so self righteous and have the right to tell us all what we can do and not do to are own cars.
Originally Posted by Racer
Looks like you are posing as a ZR1.
I know it would not be long till you comment racer and knew zr1 owners will not agree but i love my emblem and i know z51 its not a model but the emblem looks cool and if it does look like a zr1 its okay i didnt have to spend another 60 to 70 grand in a car that cost me less than 25 grand. I put my money in my sons future and love putting things on my car that i like. Im sure other Z51 owners will like this emblem so to each their own.
You do know I posted that because of the poster who called us out.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:39 PM
johnbriganti
Burning Brakes

Default Blueox

Originally Posted by BlueOx
So now you are posing as a Z51? What model is that?
living up to your name?
Old 12-09-2012, 06:46 PM
johnbriganti
Burning Brakes

Default racer

You do know I posted that because of the poster who called us out.
I know and i welcome it. Dont mind it. just commenting while my Dolphins are losing. If Zr1 are sore at the emblems then i did a good job. At the end we all own a great car. No matter what it says on the side.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:52 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks all for the positive comments all others you know what they say about opinions.
IF what you need is approval, just look in the mirror. If you ask for opinions on an open forum, deal with it like an adult or don't do it.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:46 PM
tim414
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Because of the blue caliper? And the '1'....

Op....looks great. I was surprised to see the caliper not red. I was expecting to see red calipers. I see your staying w/LMB theme.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:55 PM
Mrc100
Burning Brakes

Received 98 Likes on 47 Posts

I think it looks great. I was actually thinking of going with blue calipers myself but since my car is black i think red will actually look a bit better.. But i like how you have stayed with a lmb theme. I do think the fenders on a C6 look better with an emblem. Not a lot of good choices though. I personally think z51 looks and sounds the best given the choices.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:56 PM
69L79
Le Mans Master

Location: Hamilton Square NJ, Ocean City N. J. Key Biscayne Fla.
Received 849 Likes on 383 Posts

I know it would not be long till you comment racer and knew zr1 owners will not agree but i love my emblem and i know z51 its not a model but the emblem looks cool and if it does look like a zr1 its okay i didnt have to spend another 60 to 70 grand in a car that cost me less than 25 grand. I put my money in my sons future and love putting things on my car that i like. Im sure other Z51 owners will like this emblem so to each their own.

Your emblem looks good on your Car. Back in the day I had a Z51 emblem on my '84 Z51........
Old 12-09-2012, 08:09 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by tim414
Because of the blue caliper? And the '1'....

Op....looks great. I was surprised to see the caliper not red. I was expecting to see red calipers. I see your staying w/LMB theme.
Might need to reread my answer and follow up.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:15 PM
laconiajack
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey they go with your paint and calipers so why not? Who in the heck outside of the Corvette community even knows what Z51 stands for? It's not like it was ever that expensive of an option for those involved in auto-crossing. As far as your car looking similar to a Z06 or ZR1, wide body aftermarket conversions like yours are now the smallest segment of wide bodied look-alike market, and their are now far more factory issued 2010 and up look-alike wide-bodied Vettes on the road than the real Z06s and ZR1s they mimic. It is as if Rolex came out with their own line of "fake" Rolex watches with Timex movements because the buying public "demanded" it. Whenever I see a wide-bodied Vette, I assume it's not a Z06 or ZR1, and whenever I see what appears to be a Rolex on someone's wrist, I assume it is a fake. Statistically I'm correct far more than not.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:39 PM
Kvothe
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

We need a pot stirrer emoticon.

Originally Posted by KX
Cripes, not another ZR1 poser. I just do not understand the mentality here. Why the faux models? Is it an ego thing or a want-to-be thing. Man, when I had my real ZR-1's I ran into 3 or 4 such posers. All it took to shut them down was a run down the track or a go on the freeway at speed. Nuff said. But why? Who are you trying to impress, or is it not an ego thing at all. I understand liking the wide body look, but then to add the badges and to pretend is just too much...
The only people these badges bother are people like you. Most people who know Corvettes know the difference in models and will know he doesn't have a ZR1 even if the badge said ZR1. Those who don't it doesn't matter anyway. Too them a vette is a vette.

OP vette looks good I really like the calipers.

Maybe a vendor can make some Zaino badges that way we can really get the natives restless
Old 12-09-2012, 08:43 PM
tim414
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Might need to reread my answer and follow up.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:25 PM
KX
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No, by doing the faux treatment you further add to the general opinions that Corvette owners are what people say they are...and if you have not heard those, then you have your head in the sand.....especially with badges that are virtually meaningless and signify nothing! Wow, very impressive at the 7/11..!!
Old 12-09-2012, 09:53 PM
fasthwks
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 45 Posts

I think they look great!
Old 12-09-2012, 10:39 PM
DallasZ06*
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KX
No, by doing the faux treatment you further add to the general opinions that Corvette owners are what people say they are...and if you have not heard those, then you have your head in the sand.....especially with badges that are virtually meaningless and signify nothing! Wow, very impressive at the 7/11..!!
The Z51 package turns a grocery getter into a racer for the road...only something chosen by true driving enthusiasts.

Get notified of new replies

To Removed Zo6 emblem to Z51

Old 12-09-2012, 10:50 PM
KBow_Photo
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by KX
While I agree completely, its not like Corvette owners are the only ones. I will say i dont see many (cant even recall one) Porsche with fake badges like the Z51
Old 12-09-2012, 11:30 PM
Knob Jockey
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 208 Likes on 172 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15

John, even though the pics aren't the best, it looks like you and your Forum Pals did a good job of fitting the panel(s) and matching the paint.

The thing I like most about the OEM Z06 badge on the Z06 fender is that it adds a little visual touch (and of course, identity) to the side of the car.

It's a pleasing styling element, whatever it says. I had "LS2" badges made by Austin Barnett that were similar in design to the Z06 emblem. Put them on my 'base' fenders but not the ZR1 panels I installed this year.

I thought they looked good, and for what it's worth, I like yours too.

Well done.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:36 PM
383 Z06
Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

great looking wide body

Quick Reply: Removed Zo6 emblem to Z51