C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Creaking Sounds in Hatch

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 01:20 AM
stoessjc
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

Default Creaking Sounds in Hatch

2008 C6 coupe. I hear a creak or slight pop sound occasionally when I move the hatch from the full open position to closed. It happens just as it starts to move downward. I can also hear it if I have the hatch fully opened and then move it up and down a slight amount (1"). It sounds like it is coming from the struts or hinge. Anyone know what this is and how to fix it?
Old 12-21-2012, 05:52 AM
Don-Vette
Race Director

Received 451 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by stoessjc
2008 C6 coupe. I hear a creak or slight pop sound occasionally when I move the hatch from the full open position to closed. It happens just as it starts to move downward. I can also hear it if I have the hatch fully opened and then move it up and down a slight amount (1"). It sounds like it is coming from the struts or hinge. Anyone know what this is and how to fix it?
Replace the gas charged lifts. Just happened to my Jeep,lifting the rear hatch from closed position would create loud popping/cracking sound. Put new ones in and smooth as butter.

Quick Reply: Creaking Sounds in Hatch