C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette Haters

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 05:38 PM
duramaxsky
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Never run into haters. Around here nobody seems to even notice them. It's truck country around here.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:50 PM
Daekwan06
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Nobody in the DC area cares that I have a Corvette. Or atleast it seems that way.

I'm thankful I dont like in town where driving a car that I paid under $25K would cause such envy.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:07 PM
Jackb0524
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So now my 2007 is a POS cuz I paid less than $25k?
Old 12-22-2012, 06:41 PM
rakuhn
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

It is never worth getting into a fight about it much less having to draw a weapon.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:16 PM
phileaglesfan
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 129 Posts

Pretty boring in Utah but my Vette doesn't see many parking lots or city streets.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:43 PM
05dsom
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomer111
Nope, but then I usually am moving fast when I am out in the Vette.
^^fixed it fer ya
Old 12-22-2012, 10:54 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
Never have run into someone that just wanted to cause trouble. Sure there have been people that prefer another car over the Vette but that's why they make different brands.
Jack I always enjoy your responses. Like LFZ says, "haters gonna hate". Jealousy will always be the underlying motive.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:03 AM
c6vette142dude
Pro

Originally Posted by Jackb0524
This was an interesting topic on another site. Thought I'd ask everyone here about your stories. There's also a topic in the C5 section, where a guy went into a store only to come back out and a truck had dented his car. He confronted the guys, brawl busted out and he had to pull a gun on them. No shots fired.

I'm 27, with a C6 and I get a lot of dirty looks and "haters". I enjoy it though lol.

Anyone have any experiences with corvette haters?
Geez! I hope the other guys pulled some type of weapon first. Pulling a gun in a fist fight is not smart at all! Why risk spending a good chunk, if not the rest of your life in prison. He should've just got their plates and called it in.

Anyways, as the saying goes... "Haters gonna Hate!"
There's nothing you can do, no sense in trying to control something you can't... that's a total waste of time and energy. Enjoy life and focus your energy on the positive things and people in your life.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:47 AM
Jimmy Z
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Rathmullan
Unfortunately, envy is part of the human condition. Corvettes are "dream cars" for a lot of folks and many of them have made life choices such that the car will remain just that.. "a dream". Their resentment is their problem and has nothing to do with you so you can't take it personally. Remember, harboring resentment towards another is like taking poison and hoping the other person dies. Resentments only hurt the resentor.
Well said, I respect your comments....thank you and Happy Holidays
Old 12-23-2012, 09:04 AM
Too-Fast
Safety Car

Received 793 Likes on 537 Posts
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by EVRose
Nope. All I get are compliments.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:32 AM
JKbride
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 11 Posts
W. GA Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by Rathmullan
Unfortunately, envy is part of the human condition. Corvettes are "dream cars" for a lot of folks and many of them have made life choices such that the car will remain just that.. "a dream". Their resentment is their problem and has nothing to do with you so you can't take it personally. Remember, harboring resentment towards another is like taking poison and hoping the other person dies. Resentments only hurt the resentor.
Wow, deep and well stated!

Originally Posted by EVRose
Nope. All I get are compliments.

Same here...that said, years ago before I could afford a Vette, nothing gave me greater pleasure when I had my highly modded LT1 96 WS.6
(450RWHP) to thump a C5.

I was not a hater per se, but there is something satisfing about out doing the best.

Now, I'm the Corvette Driver and when I have someone trying to goad me into a challange, I know better, cuz that guy was me 10 years ago....

Last edited by JKbride; 12-23-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:35 AM
XPLOSYV
Racer

I thought this thread was gonna be about those freakin European jerks from Fifth Gear!!! I don't mind the haters i PASS daily, but those guys have a special place down range for me!!! Have any of you seen how they like to push in the rear bumper on the C6 like thats a symbol of being unworthy? News flash! A guy down here has a Ferrari and guess what? i can push the bumper on it the same way! smh
Old 12-23-2012, 12:00 PM
Ozarkwoods
Racer

Originally Posted by c6vette142dude
Geez! I hope the other guys pulled some type of weapon first. Pulling a gun in a fist fight is not smart at all! Why risk spending a good chunk, if not the rest of your life in prison. He should've just got their plates and called it in.

Anyways, as the saying goes... "Haters gonna Hate!"
There's nothing you can do, no sense in trying to control something you can't... that's a total waste of time and energy. Enjoy life and focus your energy on the positive things and people in your life.
Wife's 18 year old cousin was killed by fist blows and head kicks by three individuals. If you are fearful for your life there is no reason not to go to the next level of protection you have available.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:08 AM
Black LS2
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"Sometimes the gene pool just needs a little bigger shot of chlorine"

I'm stealing that line.....
Old 12-25-2012, 11:25 AM
hig4s
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by XPLOSYV
I thought this thread was gonna be about those freakin European jerks from Fifth Gear!!! I don't mind the haters i PASS daily, but those guys have a special place down range for me!!! Have any of you seen how they like to push in the rear bumper on the C6 like thats a symbol of being unworthy? News flash! A guy down here has a Ferrari and guess what? i can push the bumper on it the same way! smh

They are comedians not serious auto reviewers, they rag on any car they can either get a laugh with or offend someone with.. And if you actually watch all of their reviews of Corvettes and the listed track times. They give it decent props at times. Originally Hammond liked the C6 and Jeremy bad mouthed it mostly because he always disagrees with Hammond.. And later when Jeremy tested the ZR1 he loved it.

Last edited by hig4s; 12-25-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:36 AM
BSE1956
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mostly dirty looks from dirty people.
I try not to park the car at the store.
The one time I took it to Costco, I insisted staying with the car while my wife went inside.
Good thing I did. Dirty guy in a dirty dented car with dirty kids pulled into the spot next to me and pulled in so fast and close, it was if he was taunting.
Gave me a dirty look and went in the store with his dirty family.
I am almost sure if I was not there, standing next to my Vette, I would have had a damaged car when I got out.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:43 PM
trebor8008
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I've been on both sides of this scenario. When I was younger I thought Vette owners were either rich and lucky or rich and jerks. No matter which one they were I didn't like them because of jealousy. After my mid-twenties and hard work I bought my first fast car that was (yes a rice-burner) Mitsubishi, but it was mine! Now that I have my Vette I see similiar looks that I had given in my early years. These are far outnumbered by the compliments I get though. I take pride in my car and found that I like alot of different cars nowdays. I just prefer the Vette I have now. I may not be a fan of all era Corvettes, there are definately a few that stand out to me.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Haters

Old 12-27-2012, 12:59 PM
ls1121
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 319 Likes on 225 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

I went shopping last night and parked in the "Outback" when I came out I noticed that a Van had parked right next to my car and my first thought was F%#$@! A$$#@&^ with this whole lot empty why park by my car. When I got close I noticed there was enough room for me and them to open the dorrs with no problem. Maybe they just wanted to look at my Pretty car. Never jump the "gun" ya never know what goes thru someone elses mind.
Old 04-22-2016, 10:03 PM
ryan1826
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm amused that i'm not the only person here that gets constantly flipped off for no reason in my corvette. Crappy people out there that hate on someone because they have a nicer car then they do. Get over yourself its very VERY pathetic
Old 04-22-2016, 10:12 PM
the kid C6
Melting Slicks

Received 143 Likes on 128 Posts

I'm sorry you get flipped off ... (I hope it's not your driving style?)

Responses for me are 50/50. Envy, I suppose. My Corvette has a very strange effect on people.

A co-worker asked me what kind of car I drove, and when I told him, he asked "so, what's your day job?" People make a lot of assumptions about Corvettes.

Quick Reply: Corvette Haters