C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question on removing radiator parts??

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 05:40 PM
bugsas99
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default question on removing radiator parts??

Radiator Air Deflector/Baffle. and Shroud. My neighbor bought a used 2007. And it has the radiator shroud and Radiator Air Deflector/Baffle removed for some reason. previous owner installed a dual cone air filter with K+N filters. He looked at mine and these parts were still on my car. Are these parts that need to remain on car ?? I'm guessing engine gets alittle more air to it if anything. If a Varam kit is installed need these parts on car to install i am guessing. ???
Old 01-08-2013, 06:27 PM
calemasters
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The baffles and air deflector help to direct air through the radiator. Without these, some air goes around the radiator instead of throught the radiator and the engine can overheat due to low air flow through the radiator.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:44 PM
haljensen
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

If by "Radiator Air Deflector/Baffle you mean the 3 piece rubber air dam under the radiator then yes, it's needed. GM is real good about deleting parts that aren't needed but continues to supply the air dam on corvettes.

If by "shrould" you mean the black plastic box that separates the top/front of the radiator from the engine compartment then it also is an important part of the cooling system.

Wouldn't do much good to install a Vararam without the air dam and the shroud, air will always take the easiest path to flow. Without the shroud and dam the air will go around the radiator.

Get notified of new replies

To question on removing radiator parts??

Quick Reply: question on removing radiator parts??