C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back up camera in 2013 Grand Sport

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 10:25 AM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by funymuny
I don't "need" the HUD data but it's there and I want to keep it. Not changing out until then.
If I change out to an aftermarket it better have the hud and steering wheel functions. Right now with the way it is from factory, I have no problems whatsoever. Even the crappy bose speakers sound great to me.
Old 07-03-2016, 08:21 PM
avb17
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rjhctrapp
I have the Alpine ILX007 I dash media with back up camera in my GS and love it. Going to add a front camera for curbs. Wouldn't want any other I dash unit. Alpine rocks.
But then again, I'm more tech savvy. I think all the major players in the audio game have great head units so good luck deciding on which one if you choose that route.
Did you lose any functions on the HUD and steering wheel controls going with a new head unit?
Old 07-04-2016, 11:47 AM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by avb17
Did you lose any functions on the HUD and steering wheel controls going with a new head unit?
He had to, at least the hud controls for GPS.
Old 07-04-2016, 05:06 PM
Rjhctrapp
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by avb17
No. It has the pac adapter so my steering wheel controls still work. Heads up display also works as it should. I like this Alpine because of the Alpine Tune It app on my phone that allows me to fine tune the 9 band EQ and set the time alignment. You can look up tune settings that other people have used and try them in your vette. There is literally thousands of tune settings to choose from, by vehicle. This is my third Alpine head unit and by far leaps and bounds the best I've ever had. I have a kenwood DNX7180 in my truck and the nav is good but with the Alpine media head, it mirrors my phone and the nav on my phone appears on the Alpine. Just see less integration. All JL audio amp and speakers in my vette also and sounds incredible. The Pioneer app radio 4 is another good one but I've only played with it in stores and never had one. Alpine is my preference.
Old 07-04-2016, 05:13 PM
Rjhctrapp
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 30 Posts

Also I have the Alpine back up camera with the Alpine license plate frame camera mount. It has led lights for the license plate and makes the camera adjustable for angle. No holes drilled. I did remove the light bulbs from the factory license plate lights since the alpine has them and they work great. I used security fasteners so it would be a little harder to steal, but I don't think anyone even realizes it there.

Quick Reply: Back up camera in 2013 Grand Sport