C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Carbon Fiber World Challenge Hood ? Blackdog Speed Shop ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 12:17 AM
bdanyluk
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Best Carbon Fiber World Challenge Hood ? Blackdog Speed Shop ?

I am looking to buy the carbon fiber, street version, of the World Challenge vented hood for my C6 Corvette. I will leave it carbon fiber and cover it with clear bra or some similar product to protect it. I will not paint it.

Who makes the best one? After looking around on the internet, I've found that Black Dog Speed Shop seems to make the best one.

What do you think ?

Any owners of one out there please comment.

Thanks!
Old 02-05-2013, 07:21 PM
bdanyluk
Drifting

Anyone?
Old 02-05-2013, 07:56 PM
07MontRedcp
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

By the best, do you mean price? I guess you should already know that this hood is available through LG Motorsports.

BJK
Old 02-05-2013, 08:55 PM
bdanyluk
Drifting

Basically, it's between the ACP hood and the Black Dog Speed Shop hood, same design, different manufacturers.

The best "traditional" style world challenge hood, with the 3 sets of open louvers.

Yes, LG makes a hood, but I don't like the styling....looks like the Camaro ZL1 hood and I don't want to make my Corvette look like a Camaro in any way at all, like the C7 does.

So, I am looking for best fit, finish, and quality overall.

The prices I've seen are within 1 to 3 hundred of each other for the carbon fiber versions, so money is not the issue.

I want the Carbon Fiber version to show up to my door, so I can bolt it on and be done with it. No special preparation at all.

I use my for car for joy-riding, car shows, and doing 1 HPDE per year at Road Atlanta. No I don't want fiberglass because then you have to paint it.

The carbon fiber finish will match my carbon fiber front and rear spoilers.

Last edited by bdanyluk; 02-05-2013 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Basically, it's between the ACP hood and the Black Dog Speed Shop hood, same design, different manufacturers.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:02 PM
JG853
Melting Slicks

Received 783 Likes on 456 Posts

I have the BlackDog Racing World Challenge 3 Louver CF Hood, BlackDog Racing CF Roof, BlackDog Racing CF Halo, and BlackDog Racing CF A Pillars, along with a Katech CF Decklid. Send me a PM with your contact information. I will send you pictures to your email or search my name and you will see pictures on this forum.

Originally Posted by bdanyluk
Basically, it's between the ACP hood and the Black Dog Speed Shop hood, same design, different manufacturers.

The best "traditional" style world challenge hood, with the 3 sets of open louvers.

Yes, LG makes a hood, but I don't like the styling....looks like the Camaro ZL1 hood and I don't want to make my Corvette look like a Camaro in any way at all, like the C7 does.

So, I am looking for best fit, finish, and quality overall.

The prices I've seen are within 1 to 3 hundred of each other for the carbon fiber versions, so money is not the issue.

I want the Carbon Fiber version to show up to my door, so I can bolt it on and be done with it. No special preparation at all.

I use my for car for joy-riding, car shows, and doing 1 HPDE per year at Road Atlanta. No I don't want fiberglass because then you have to paint it.

The carbon fiber finish will match my carbon fiber front and rear spoilers.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:29 PM
bdanyluk
Drifting

Did you install the hood yourself? Is it really just that easy to transfer the rubber bumpers and latches from the OEM hood to the new hood and bolt it to the hinges?

Get notified of new replies

To Best Carbon Fiber World Challenge Hood ? Blackdog Speed Shop ?

Quick Reply: Best Carbon Fiber World Challenge Hood ? Blackdog Speed Shop ?