C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strut vibrating on rear glass under WOT

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 01:08 PM
shawn672
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Strut vibrating on rear glass under WOT

Anyone ever have this issue? Under WOT the strut holding the rear glass seems to vibrate and it's fairly loud/annoying. I tightened the screws previously and it seemed to help a tiny bit but the issue is back and can't seem to get rid of it.

If it's not something simple, I'll bring it to the dealer, but trying to avoid warranty work if at all possible.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:13 PM
1quickTXVette
Racer

Originally Posted by shawn672
Anyone ever have this issue? Under WOT the strut holding the rear glass seems to vibrate and it's fairly loud/annoying. I tightened the screws previously and it seemed to help a tiny bit but the issue is back and can't seem to get rid of it.

If it's not something simple, I'll bring it to the dealer, but trying to avoid warranty work if at all possible.
I dont know if yours is the same issue I had but with mine I thought it was the struts or a piece of plastic on the targa front clips but it turned out to be the passenger side speaker grill in the rear hatch. it is right next to the passenger side hatch strut. The cover on mine is just slightly loose and you can turn it left and right about 1/4 inch. By turning it clockwise it fixed my issue. When it starts again I simply reach back and turn it again and problem solved.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:43 PM
shawn672
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 1quickTXVette
I dont know if yours is the same issue I had but with mine I thought it was the struts or a piece of plastic on the targa front clips but it turned out to be the passenger side speaker grill in the rear hatch. it is right next to the passenger side hatch strut. The cover on mine is just slightly loose and you can turn it left and right about 1/4 inch. By turning it clockwise it fixed my issue. When it starts again I simply reach back and turn it again and problem solved.
Awesome, I'll check that out, might be the same exact thing. Only seems to happen to me under WOT and whatever it is, it slowly rattled itself loose over time I bet, the NPP's in open give off quite a bit of vibrations under WOT and I drive fairly aggressively
Old 02-07-2013, 04:50 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

Maybe you need to upgrade to some Bilstein struts? Give you a little more horsepower and lower stance while you're at it.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:20 PM
shawn672
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 1quickTXVette
I think this was it. I was able to turn it about 1/4 inch clockwise, it was turned all the way counterclockwise. Noticed it turns back and forth easily so maybe something rubbed up against it and that's when it began.

We'll see this weekend if noise goes away but I think that might do it. Thanks again man!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:28 PM
1quickTXVette
Racer

Oh okay cool man! I hope that fixes it for you then! I assumed I had a unique situation that was a bad speaker grille but maybe it happens a little more often then I though but only those of us with a louder exhaust notice it when it happens! Mine would begin at about 3-3500k rpm in loud mode. It wiggles itself back loose every month or two and you just move it back clockwise and its good to go! Good luck!

Get notified of new replies

To Strut vibrating on rear glass under WOT

Quick Reply: Strut vibrating on rear glass under WOT