C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fog light replacement bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 03:13 PM
Johnny Utah
Safety Car

Location: ,fl.Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Fog light replacement bulbs

Has anyone replaced the oem with piaa or another manufacturer, I'm looking to go with a brighter bulb that matches the hid lights
Old 02-11-2013, 04:36 PM
09REAPER
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not sure but totally curious in this mod as well!!! Great post lol
Old 02-11-2013, 04:42 PM
speedraider
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I bought my LED fogs off the big auction site for $12 a pair. Now they are the same color as the low beams. I think JW motoring sells something too

Last edited by speedraider; 02-11-2013 at 06:58 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:42 PM
gonagetone
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did the ones from corvettemods... they are easy to install and match the LB Headlights.. since u are going to be in there changing out the Fogs might want to look into the switchbacks.. well worth the time and money....

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...e-77-99-a.html

good company to buy from!!!

Old 02-11-2013, 05:02 PM
0corvettemods1
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by gonagetone
I did the ones from corvettemods... they are easy to install and match the LB Headlights.. since u are going to be in there changing out the Fogs might want to look into the switchbacks.. well worth the time and money....

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...e-77-99-a.html

good company to buy from!!!

Thank you

Two Lighting Options:

http://www.corvettemods.com/Corvette...bs_p_5568.html

http://www.corvettemods.com/Corvette...it_p_5532.html
Old 02-11-2013, 05:26 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

A couple pictures with Corvettemods HID fogs.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:47 PM
0corvettemods1
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by EVRose
A couple pictures with Corvettemods HID fogs.

Lookin good!
Old 02-11-2013, 10:05 PM
B-Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Wow! That is quite a difference.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:32 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny Utah
Has anyone replaced the oem with piaa or another manufacturer, I'm looking to go with a brighter bulb that matches the hid lights
Not yet still waiting for the factory fogs to burn out. It's been over 7 years now. I have a pair of Silver Star foglight bulbs still in package in closet but when the time comes I'll probably get the 3000K HID fogs and sell Silver stars unless I just do a direct easy replacement with Silverstar bulbs.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:47 PM
Rob 99
I'm "Apache" a psycho dog
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Anyone know what the difference or benefit between a LED for the fog
(9145bulb) and the HID mentioned above?
Old 03-17-2013, 10:51 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

I dont know about brightness or color match of LEDs but I almost positive they wont give anywhere near the distance you'd get from HIDs as far as shining down the raod.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:25 PM
0corvettemods1
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by Rob 99
Anyone know what the difference or benefit between a LED for the fog
(9145bulb) and the HID mentioned above?
Don't go LED unless you want just the color change. HID's generally are the better direction to go
Old 03-17-2013, 11:36 PM
NVR LAT
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by corvettemods1
Lookin good!
Which ones are these? I replaced my High Beams and Driving Lights a while (years) ago because I wanted the "white light" look to match the HID's. I got the "white light" look, but the brightness was horrible! I could hardly tell the difference if the high beams were on or off. I admit that I tried to go cheap, and it bit me. I have since upgraded to a much more expensive, and a much better, brighter bulb in the high beams and I love it. I do still however need to replace the driving light bulbs to a brighter bulb. Hopefully someone can answer this issue which will also help Johnny Utah's question at the same time. Thanks...
Old 03-18-2013, 12:03 AM
0corvettemods1
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by NVR LAT
Which ones are these? I replaced my High Beams and Driving Lights a while (years) ago because I wanted the "white light" look to match the HID's. I got the "white light" look, but the brightness was horrible! I could hardly tell the difference if the high beams were on or off. I admit that I tried to go cheap, and it bit me. I have since upgraded to a much more expensive, and a much better, brighter bulb in the high beams and I love it. I do still however need to replace the driving light bulbs to a brighter bulb. Hopefully someone can answer this issue which will also help Johnny Utah's question at the same time. Thanks...
Go with our 55w highs, you won't be disappointed...guaranteed!
Old 03-18-2013, 12:15 AM
Rob 99
I'm "Apache" a psycho dog
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by EVRose
I dont know about brightness or color match of LEDs but I almost positive they wont give anywhere near the distance you'd get from HIDs as far as shining down the raod.
Ok thanks for the tip.

Originally Posted by corvettemods1
Don't go LED unless you want just the color change. HID's generally are the better direction to go
Im going to check out the 55watt's on your site.
Ordered.

Last edited by Rob 99; 03-18-2013 at 12:34 AM.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:53 AM
haljensen
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by NVR LAT
Since C6 Corvettes don't have OEM Driving lights I have to assume you changed the FOG LIGHT bulbs. They are fog lights, not driving lights. The fog lights are designed to illuminate the road close in during fog and rain. They are designed to operate only with the low beam headlights and are aimed low and short just to penetrate fog and rain.

If you want driving lights then add driving lights that can be used with the high beams and can be aimed high and far.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:31 AM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by haljensen
Since C6 Corvettes don't have OEM Driving lights I have to assume you changed the FOG LIGHT bulbs. They are fog lights, not driving lights. The fog lights are designed to illuminate the road close in during fog and rain. They are designed to operate only with the low beam headlights and are aimed low and short just to penetrate fog and rain.

If you want driving lights then add driving lights that can be used with the high beams and can be aimed high and far.
Trying to make fog lights do something that they were not designed for is a losing battle.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:08 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by haljensen

Get notified of new replies

To Fog light replacement bulbs

Quick Reply: Fog light replacement bulbs