C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nose mask over clear bra on trip?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 06:54 PM
richp5
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Nose mask over clear bra on trip?

I have a clear bra from bumper to windshield and have heard how difficult it is to get bugs off of it after many days on the road. Do any of you use a nose mask over your bra on extended trips? Any other pointers such as using some wax/etc. on the bumper /hood before hitting the road?

Thanks as always in advance for any replies.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:03 PM
Rich Mickol
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 225 Likes on 196 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

IMHO putting a nose mask over a clear bra is overkill. Wax it up real good when you start and wipe it down at night and hit it with some detail spray and you should be good to go. The trick is to get them off as soon as you can. Have a safe trip.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:43 AM
09Z06pj
Le Mans Master

Received 1,100 Likes on 752 Posts

I use a Colgan over the clear bra all the time for extended road trips. Makes the clean-up a lot easier and gives additional protection as well.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:31 AM
gilhuly
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

I have an OEM bra and it's a bitch to get on the car unless the bra is warm, they are rightfully tight.I install when hitting the road for a trip,than uninstall when I get home. I've put the bra in the dryer on high and that seems to help with the install. Good luck
Old 02-13-2013, 11:39 AM
capecodvette
Drifting

Received 180 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by richp5
I have a clear bra from bumper to windshield and have heard how difficult it is to get bugs off of it after many days on the road. Do any of you use a nose mask over your bra on extended trips? Any other pointers such as using some wax/etc. on the bumper /hood before hitting the road?

I have XPEL clear film protection. XPEL makes a cleaning/protection product specifically designed for this material. It is like putting on a Teflon coating.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:31 PM
Mark923
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default RejeX it!

Originally Posted by richp5

RejeX is the best product I have used for bugs. After a trip down I-10 on the Gulf Coast during Love Bug season, the front was near black with the pest, but a jet stream from the garden hose took all of the pest off the front... Here's a link to check...http://www.rejex.com/rejex.html

Get notified of new replies

To Nose mask over clear bra on trip?

Quick Reply: Nose mask over clear bra on trip?