C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Hot Rod Power Tour

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 07:55 PM
DASHZNT
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2013 Hot Rod Power Tour

Hello Everyone... Ive been a little dormant lately to say the least, HaHa. Either way though, I have an itch to take my C6 for a serious road trip with meaning.. Although, any reason to fire it up and go somewhere has meaning in my opinion!

Id like to know if anyone here is planning on doing the 2013 Hot Rod Magazine Power Tour and if so what your plans are. Im in Chicago, IL and if I would be going, I plan on doing the entire trip from Arlington, TX and ending in NC 7 days later. It seems pretty awesome and I want to experience it with my toy one time in my life before im too old and the desire asses me by.

Hit me back up on this thread or PM or whatever... Ciao!
Old 01-22-2013, 12:34 AM
bearphoto
Safety Car

Received 302 Likes on 200 Posts
SoCal Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12

I did the tour in 07 and started out for it in 2010 when my friend got sick driving his pantera and we turned around and both came home.

It really is a once in a lifetime event (unless you do it every year).

I look at doing it every year depending on where they are going. Its too damn far to keep going all the way back east each year so I am selective on where i will go. its a party in every city in every state so if you have not done it i highly recommend it.

You can go to hotrod.com or bangshift.com for the power tour information. Lots of corvettes go on the run!
Old 01-27-2013, 11:33 AM
CREWZIN
Melting Slicks

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Thread has been dormant for awhile but I thought I'd post to say that I just signed up for the 2013 Hot Rod Power Tour. Plan on doing the Long Haul tour from Arlington, TX to Charlotte, NC starting June 1st. Last tour I did was in 2011 with my neighbor in his 1972 Pontiac Vert. We're doing it together again. Anyone else??

Old 02-12-2013, 07:49 PM
Brown78
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I registered last week. This will be my 5th tour. see you guys on the road in June.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:44 PM
Old Gator
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to do the long haul

I've wanted to do this for a long time but with aging parents it always take precedence. I only have one to take care of now, lost Mom in October. If I can't do the long haul a couple of us talked about joining up with the group in Birmingham and ride to the end. Time will tell and if I had a partner coming along with their car there is always safety in numbers.. If I do the long haul I would pick up the wife in Alabama and go to the end. Anyone here in Georgia want to ride all the way or even B-ham to the end hit me up. Will be taking the Vette due to the 39 coupe won't be ready or my trust factor isn't there yet. Sounds like a blast though and meet up and make some new friends. :

God Bless our troops
And Go Gators!

Just a quick question for those that have registered, is it 80 bucks for the long haul to the end or 80 bucks for ever stop?

Last edited by Old Gator; 02-12-2013 at 10:14 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:00 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,505 Likes on 1,027 Posts

My wife and I are going for the long haul. I did it in my 79TA in 2011 @ a little over 3,000 miles round trip. I'm sure it will be much more comfortable in our GS this year. I'm glad we got our Eforce on as early as we have. I hate it taking to the last minute to get car ready. I'm getting too old for that.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:14 PM
DASHZNT
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow.. Thats awesome! I would love to go but time is what restricts me. Im gonna need 10-12 days to do this comfortably and I just dont have it at that time of the year. I have it in the winter months but thats when the toys are put to rest for obvious reason here in Chicago! I gotta figure something out because that trip just seems like something special and one of the main reasons for me buying the Corvette was to experience this country in something special.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:33 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,505 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Originally Posted by DASHZNT
Wow.. Thats awesome! I would love to go but time is what restricts me. Im gonna need 10-12 days to do this comfortably and I just dont have it at that time of the year. I have it in the winter months but thats when the toys are put to rest for obvious reason here in Chicago! I gotta figure something out because that trip just seems like something special and one of the main reasons for me buying the Corvette was to experience this country in something special.
Yeah it was a guy we met on Power Tour that was why we got our Vette. We met all kinds of great people some of which we stay in touch with. It is really is a must do for car people at some time in their lives. It's kinda like SEMA in Vegas, if you are a real car guy, you have to go at some time. It's not open to the public, but there are lots of ways to get in. Good luck and enjoy your car every chance you get. Remember we aren't promised tomorrow.
David

Get notified of new replies

To 2013 Hot Rod Power Tour

Quick Reply: 2013 Hot Rod Power Tour