C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth Kit for 2005-13 C6

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 09:10 PM
tommyoneleg
Heel & Toe

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just finished installing today after my first unit burnt out upon starting it up for the first time, took two weeks to get another one. Here are a couple of pictures of where I put everything. My only other problem is when I am using the USB I don't know how to get back to BT, I guess I need to monkey with it for awhile. Love the USB so far 4k songs and I don't need to change a disc!!!

Old 03-20-2017, 09:33 AM
Bandit1
Melting Slicks

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by tommyoneleg
I just finished installing today after my first unit burnt out upon starting it up for the first time, took two weeks to get another one. Here are a couple of pictures of where I put everything. My only other problem is when I am using the USB I don't know how to get back to BT, I guess I need to monkey with it for awhile. Love the USB so far 4k songs and I don't need to change a disc!!!

'tommyoneleg' - Like your install. What mic and cover did you use and what's your source? Thanks
Old 03-20-2017, 10:25 PM
tommyoneleg
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Bandit1
'tommyoneleg' - Like your install. What mic and cover did you use and what's your source? Thanks
Pillar Microphone, cover and trim I bought off of ebay, Part number 15285919 GM changed that to # 15916146. I took the microphone out of it and used the mic that came with the unit. I used JB Weld to attach it to the cover and trim. It works great, no complaints from anyone on the other end of the phone. I plan on changing over the other trim piece on the other mic to match, I like the smaller trim.

As for the 3.5mm jack, I bought a - Philmore 3.5mm Stereo Panel Mount Female Audio Feed-Thru Jack - off of ebay again. This worked great just plugged the other of the aux jack into the back of this.

I also attached a magnet to the underside of the tombstone - I put a thin piece of metal on my phone so it just sticks to that area of the center counsel.

The mic I bought Name:  s-l50a0.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  9.1 KB

The mic taken apart
Name:  IMAG0240.jpg
Views: 718
Size:  1.26 MB

The aux jack I bought
Name:  s-l500.jpg
Views: 682
Size:  22.7 KB:

All done finally.

Name:  IMAG0297.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  792.9 KB

Name:  IMAG0216.jpg
Views: 803
Size:  974.3 KB

This magnet holds my phone in place, I can throw the phone on it and it stays in place.
Name:  IMAG0242.jpg
Views: 702
Size:  1.03 MB
The following users liked this post:
Bandit1 (03-21-2017)
Old 03-21-2017, 02:14 PM
Bandit1
Melting Slicks

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Outstanding! Thanks for taking the time for the additional info.
tommyoneleg (03-21-2017)
Old 03-24-2017, 02:32 PM
xxDevilDogxx
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

does anyone know if the Iphone 7 will play through the USB ?
Old 03-26-2017, 03:35 AM
tommyoneleg
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by xxDevilDogxx
does anyone know if the Iphone 7 will play through the USB ?
Here is the part about Iphones in the manual for the isimple connect. Hope it helps. I use an HTC through BT and I use the USB for music, it works great this system is actually easy to use once you monkey with it for a little bit.

"The iSimple Connect allows you to use either USB input or Bluetooth for iPod, iPhone or iPad operation (Bluetooth mode is only supported by iPod Touch, iPhone or iPad)"
Old 03-26-2017, 05:42 PM
LowRyter
Melting Slicks

Received 377 Likes on 283 Posts

Amazon Amazon

Purchased this one last week. Works great with my phone and has a toggle to skip or back to next song. Works through Aux input.

I had a cheaper one that didn't have hose features and it lasted 6 months. I hope this one last longer but it's only $15.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:36 AM
Kraigmire
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking about getting this but then I read the reviews on Amazon. Some people report that they have to use the reset button almost every time they get in the car. On the extreme end, others report that this unit eventually disables the radio and some car modules, and in some case the entire car itself. There were a few of these from C6 owners. Has anyone here who has one experienced any issues with theirs?

Amazon Amazon
Old 05-11-2017, 05:14 PM
LowRyter
Melting Slicks

Kraig, I'd get an RCA plug kit for the Aux Input if your radio doesn't have one and then get the cheapie Bluetooth plug in with mic for $15 as I post above.
Kraigmire (05-11-2017)
Old 05-11-2017, 05:33 PM
Kraigmire
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by LowRyter
Kraig, I'd get an RCA plug kit for the Aux Input if your radio doesn't have one and then get the cheapie Bluetooth plug in with mic for $15 as I post above.
Thanks, I'm beginning to think the same. I really liked the idea of it being integrated in my radio and being able to use the steering wheel controls, but I don't want to risk these problems.
Old 05-11-2017, 08:30 PM
LowRyter
Melting Slicks

Kraig, I have a base model with an RCA plug in the radio. I plug the little $15 module in there and I can toggle songs from my phone and talk when I get a call. Also, hear directions from google maps on the phone.

When the little module quits, I can buy another one for a few bucks. I was looking for all these radio upgrades and get 90% of what I want and keep it all stock with no headaches. All I am missing is a USB.

Last edited by LowRyter; 05-11-2017 at 08:30 PM.
Old 05-12-2017, 01:01 AM
tommyoneleg
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Kraigmire
I was thinking about getting this but then I read the reviews on Amazon. Some people report that they have to use the reset button almost every time they get in the car. On the extreme end, others report that this unit eventually disables the radio and some car modules, and in some case the entire car itself. There were a few of these from C6 owners. Has anyone here who has one experienced any issues with theirs?

https://www.amazon.com/iSimple-Premi...cr_dp_d_acr_sr
I have been using this for a couple of months and It works perfect, I have a 2006 and I don't have a AUX port on my NAV system so I bought this. My only problem was the first unit I got was fried but they sent me another one. When I first installed it I needed to wait a few minutes for it to go through it's configuration and then it worked great.

As for the BT it works every-time, paired with my phone easy and now I just start my car it pairs up all the time. Easy to use when a call comes in and everyone can hear me great. I think it is as seamless as they could get it but it did take a day or two of playing around with it to get the hang of it. I love having the USB drive on it, use that a lot, I have about 2,000 songs on that and I just leave it in.

When installing it I noticed the connections into the unit seem to be a little loose so I used some little wire holders I found at home depot to make sure they would not fall out of the unit. I did this since the unit is behind my system and if something did come loose you would have to take everything apart again.

I did noticed most of the neg reviews were from Tahoe owners but I can only speak for myself and I think it was well worth it. I bought mine off of ebay. And the no wires thing is great.

Last edited by tommyoneleg; 05-13-2017 at 08:35 PM.
Old 09-19-2017, 01:55 PM
JustDennis
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tommyoneleg
Here is the part about Iphones in the manual for the isimple connect. Hope it helps. I use an HTC through BT and I use the USB for music, it works great this system is actually easy to use once you monkey with it for a little bit.

"The iSimple Connect allows you to use either USB input or Bluetooth for iPod, iPhone or iPad operation (Bluetooth mode is only supported by iPod Touch, iPhone or iPad)"
I was reading thru this thread and would like to install Bluetooth calling in my 2005 but I don't see a link to the iSimple connect and want to be sure I get the right one.

Could you share the link again of what you installed? Thanks
Old 09-19-2017, 03:30 PM
HogBob
Heel & Toe

Default ISimple Connect

Dennis - I don't have the link if you want to skip over this - however I tried the ISimple Connect and was unhappy with it - thought it was a clunky set up for my 2007 coupe.
Shortly afterwards I replaced the radio from Dennis at DoubleD Mods. I had bought the ISimple Connect through his store (he's a forum supporter) & he took it back as credit with the radio upgrade. He provides tons of support with YouTube videos & answers the phone & email questions so if you still want to to purchase the ISimple Connect - I recommend you check with DoubeD.

The new radios are way cool - like an extension of your IPhone or android with more functionality then the radios in the new vettes. My radio has FWD & AFT cameras & utilizes the phone GPS to give your GPS feed into the radio & even provides traffic conditions via the MAPS app. Also comes with all the carplay apps too.
Best of luck!
Bob
Old 09-20-2017, 09:38 PM
tommyoneleg
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by JustDennis
I was reading thru this thread and would like to install Bluetooth calling in my 2005 but I don't see a link to the iSimple connect and want to be sure I get the right one.

Could you share the link again of what you installed? Thanks
I found mine on ebay, ended up paying 79.95, it was 99.95 but had a ebay coupon for 20 off.

You want the iconnect isgm655.

I find this system very easy to use, but then again anything electronic is easy to me. I have had this in my 06 the whole year and I have not had any problems. I did not want an after market system in my car, I just don't like the looks of them but to-each-his-own.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:05 AM
TomdaToolman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 168 Likes on 125 Posts

Old 01-22-2019, 08:14 AM
farmington
Safety Car

Received 1,119 Likes on 798 Posts

That popcorn is pretty stale, it’s from a year and a half ago.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:21 AM
TomdaToolman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 168 Likes on 125 Posts

Yup, just bookmarking the thread for future reference.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Kit for 2005-13 C6