C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about PLASTIDIPPING my whole car a different color....

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 04:36 PM
jwaldro2
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its the old crowd that hates on it. Its your car man and I say definitely do it, its unique not ricer like most of the *** clowns keep saying.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:27 PM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,288 Likes on 1,399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by jwaldro2
Its the old crowd that hates on it. Its your car man and I say definitely do it, its unique not ricer like most of the *** clowns keep saying.
So anyone who disagrees with you is old and an *** clown? Real nice.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:30 PM
donzi1
Pro

Good thing I am not one of the old crowd as I am only 68.
If you take the time to search. Atomic Orange is the old mans choice of colors, and that is my 008 color. I like 90% of the mods and add ons
Seen here, just ask Neal at Corvette mods.

My cars,trucks,horses have always been black. happy I foun variety in
My life. Half of us old farts had long hair in the sixties and we were way out there. Keep the new trends coming...Ed
Old 03-02-2013, 08:36 PM
veloz
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Radian
Let me see if I fully understand the mentality of these statements. Radian
yup,,its just a trend.that will come and go.....just like the two tone color, like the monochromatic euro color, like the funky fluorescent color stripes, like the funky graphics color...there you go ,,quick history of the 70's, 80;s and 90's...... history repeating it self,,,,im not saying its a negative thing,,,you misunderstood me..trend come and go.this one may not last long either...that's all...im all for new,creative and innovative products for cars,,,been doing it for 20 years,,,,im on the vinyl carbon fiber trend now-cant afford the real stuff.....we'll look back 5 years from now and wonder what the heck we were thinking...and somebody will be in buss of taking wraps off...plastidip entire car? go for it...you will be cemented in the car history innovators of the decade...and 5 years from now...what the heck we were thinking...

Old 03-02-2013, 10:00 PM
Fiss
Racer

The only times I have seen it come out good is when people buy the liquid paint and spray it with a professional gun. The aerosol never lookds good on big projects IMO.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:19 PM
Jimsan
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

There is a Lime Green C-6 in the Denver metro area with hoopty wheels.

It is gawd-awful, but probably would be a big hit any place in the third world.

Old 03-03-2013, 09:34 AM
dlparsons
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've seeing lots of posts about liking or not liking the colors - I personally wouldn't do it to my Corvette, but, since it's plasti-dip and you can remove it if you don't like it, then it's not a big deal, you're not damaging the car by applying it.

Now from a practical standpoint - I HAVE done some plasti-dipping on one of my own cars - not my Corvette. I have a Miata race car and the hard top was bubbling and chipping with some fiberglass damage on one corner. I opted for plasti-dip after repairing and sanding down to remove all the imperfections. The plus, it was pretty easy for an amateur with zero experience to do. I've never painted anything in my life and it looks way better than the original paint, but the original was badly damaged. The minus to the product, the finish has a tacky (rubbery) feel to it, and seems like dirt and hair would stick to it. I don't like the feel of it at all. I don't think I'd want my whole car done in it though, I personally like a gloss and shine to my car and I would miss rubbing wax on it. I don't know how well the treatment will hold up either, I just did it this past December an haven't really done much with the car - race season starts in a couple weeks around here. But seems to me that it will tear fairly easily - that's just a feeling though, no actual experience of damage at this point.

If you do decide to use Plasti-Dip, splurge on a really good respirator, that stuff is really potent.

ps. if you do want to change the color of your car, Plasti-Dip is a great option because you can simply remove it if you'd like.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:14 PM
Radian
Heel & Toe

Default Another vette get's plasti dipped.

New vette plasti dip thread.....

http://www.dipyourcar.com/forums/sho...m-Matte-Purple

While I'm not a fan of the purple. The process pictures of the work done is excellent.

Radian
Old 03-25-2013, 04:39 PM
Spoon83
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just finished my Z this weekend.

Clear matte over Victory Red.

Quick Reply: Thinking about PLASTIDIPPING my whole car a different color....