C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior noise level with the new Invos...

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 06:56 PM
Joe B.
Melting Slicks

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Default Interior noise level with the new Invos...

...vs. the half worn original equipment GYRF F1's on my '12 GS.
I drove on some selected roads today with the new tires.
I heard a low rumbling sound at speed and realized after downshifting that it was the engine, a sound previously drowned out by the F1's.
One particular road that changes back and forth from asphalt to concrete previously produced dramatic volume changes. Today the difference was barely discernible, the noise level being quite comfortable.
The real test was the grooved concrete toll road (see photo) that had caused a tire whine the CIA could put to good use during interrogation. Today, it was just another stretch of pavement.
Time will tell, but at the moment I consider the Nitto Invos money well spent and am really looking forward to my upcoming road trip.
Attached Images   
Old 03-15-2013, 07:41 PM
TripleAstyle123
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with Hankook Ventus V12 EVO's after using new F1's for about 8k miles because they were already dead with easy/medium driving.... Not even comparable in the grip or noise factor, the Hankooks are great and very affordable. I paid $800 for x4. Just hope I dont get a flat!!! I had looked at invo's also but after a few magazine rave reviews of the hankook's and the awesome price I had to try them. The upcoming summer number two and with 6k miles on them we will see how they run here in MN.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:41 PM
Ike Witt
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cost

I might go price a set...how much were they.
tnks
Old 03-15-2013, 08:04 PM
ProfessorDeath
Safety Car

Received 165 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14

Originally Posted by TripleAstyle123
I went with Hankook Ventus V12 EVO's after using new F1's for about 8k miles because they were already dead with easy/medium driving.... Not even comparable in the grip or noise factor, the Hankooks are great and very affordable. I paid $800 for x4. Just hope I dont get a flat!!! I had looked at invo's also but after a few magazine rave reviews of the hankook's and the awesome price I had to try them. The upcoming summer number two and with 6k miles on them we will see how they run here in MN.
Heard great things about the V12's as well. I'm planning on a set because, well... I'm probably going to blow through a few sets of rears this summer at the track and it just doesn't make sense to buy ultra-expensive rears. $800 for the set of 4 is music to my ears.

Also can't stand the factory F1's, the noise level and harshness of ride on "finicky" pavement really upsets me.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:07 PM
speedraider
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

You're gonna be happy with how many miles that you will get out of the invo's ,also.

BTW, did you put 345's in the rear. because the 325 are about an inch skinnier than the GYs

Last edited by speedraider; 03-15-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:11 PM
Mikado463
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 450 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe B.
Time will tell, but at the moment I consider the Nitto Invos money well spent and am really looking forward to my upcoming road trip.
Joe, good to hear, please keep us posted....I for one am seriously considering the switch...sooner rather that later !
Old 03-15-2013, 08:52 PM
Joe B.
Melting Slicks

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by speedraider
You're gonna be happy with how many miles that you will get out of the invo's ,also.

BTW, did you put 345's in the rear. because the 325 are about an inch skinnier than the GYs
That would be nice.
325's.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:32 PM
69 Rebel
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ordered invo's also 345's rear. Let us know what you think about the grip factor

Get notified of new replies

To Interior noise level with the new Invos...

Quick Reply: Interior noise level with the new Invos...