C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arizona Guy's........quality/knowledgable local GM dealers and local perf shops???

Old 04-10-2013, 01:49 AM
66WES
Pro

Received 139 Likes on 54 Posts

Default Arizona Guy's........quality/knowledgable local GM dealers and local perf shops???

(Phoenix area or other surrounding city areas to Phoenix)

Arizona guys what reputable dealerships and perf. shops are you taking your cars to for WARRANTY work, general maintenance, check-ups and/or performance mods, etc. List the name of the dealership, perf. shop, location, point of contact/number, etc. I have an '09 C6 Z06. Thanks.

Last edited by 66WES; 04-10-2013 at 01:51 AM.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:44 AM
160KTS
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Top gear motorsports in Mesa is the only place I've taken any of my vehicles to. He can do aftermarket warranty work but you'll need to ask him about the factory warranty stuff. He's done my jeep, our gto, my z, my old gto and countless other vehicles my friends and family have owned. Sean is excellent.

I've also heard very good things about Joe who owns Cordes Performance and Racing.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:47 AM
spuddeamore
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I use Thoroughbred Chevy, 2121 N Arizona Ave, they are just North of Warner in Chandler.
George Ifill is the service contact I use, very friendly, fair and courteous. The issues I had were not too deep, so I can't speak of their competence on a "big" problem. All work done was explained to me in a clear manner. Check their website for further info.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:57 AM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,060 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by JUZ4TWO
(Phoenix area or other surrounding city areas to Phoenix)

Arizona guys what reputable dealerships and perf. shops are you taking your cars to for WARRANTY work, general maintenance, check-ups and/or performance mods, etc. List the name of the dealership, perf. shop, location, point of contact/number, etc. I have an '09 C6 Z06. Thanks.
Gateway is the only one of 4 dealers that worked on my car without messing up other stuff when doing warranty work.

I killed my engine/trans warranty real early and the rest when I passed 100K before the 5 year mark. Warranty was the only reason I used a dealer for work.

I've used 3 performance shops and all 3 have made errors. Two of them nearly cost me a transmission. Some of the personel have changed at those places, but I still won't go back. I do 95% of my own work anyway.

If you join Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts, you'll hear about one of those shops and another one that just opened recently that I have not seen yet.

The monthly lunch is this Saturday if you're interested in meeting a bunch of Vette people.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:20 AM
Brady Kohuth
Instructor

I take all my work to Lund Cadillac,as I bought my 2010 GS there. I also know they will put a tune on your Vette that will be under warranty. They always treat me like a King and are very courteous,friendly and everyone I've talked to that works there,likes their job. Plus many customers love the place.

The only work i've had them do so far,are oil changes and had a clear bra put on.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:31 PM
160KTS
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by HOXXOH
If you join Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts, you'll hear about one of those shops and another one that just opened recently that I have not seen yet.

The monthly lunch is this Saturday if you're interested in meeting a bunch of Vette people.
ACE is full of good people and good advice. Though I don't always agree with their opinions on shops. Mostly just one shop though.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:51 PM
jdk541
Safety Car

Received 606 Likes on 291 Posts
St. Jude Donor '22-'23

As far as dealers, I have been using Freeway Chevrolet on Ray Rd and I-10 in Chandler. Only for basic stuff like oil changes, etc.. I will take it there if I have any warranty work that needs to be done. Fortunately, up to this point, I have not had to. They have a nice modern shop that is all indoors and a pit for oil changes so they don't have to jack the car up, etc...

For major work or performace mods, I just started using Xtreme Motorsports in Tempe. They are on University Drive near ASU. Jan is the owner and I have worked with Randy. They specialize in Corvettes but wil work on other performance cars too.

I have been very happy with both places so far as long as they use them for what they specialize in.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:41 PM
DvX
Instructor

Dont go to midway chevy! the place is full of morons...
Old 04-10-2013, 06:07 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by 160KTS
Top gear motorsports in Mesa is the only place I've taken any of my vehicles to. He can do aftermarket warranty work but you'll need to ask him about the factory warranty stuff. He's done my jeep, our gto, my z, my old gto and countless other vehicles my friends and family have owned. Sean is excellent.

I've also heard very good things about Joe who owns Cordes Performance and Racing.
Joe Cordes, enough said imo.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:31 PM
66WES
Pro

Received 139 Likes on 54 Posts

Guys thank you very much for the leads and info.

I will check in to the Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts; didn't know about them.

I will check the shops mentioned and make a choice. I usually do my own work, but just wanted to know who you guys would recommend. Thanks a bunch.

Get notified of new replies

To Arizona Guy's........quality/knowledgable local GM dealers and local perf shops???

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Arizona Guy's........quality/knowledgable local GM dealers and local perf shops???