C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical Issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 05:32 AM
blf0005
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical Issue

Hey guys, I'm having a problem andI'm not sure what to do about it!

I have been running my wideband off of a add-a-fuse on the windshield wiper fuse. The other day my wideband randomly stopped working so I figured it just blew a fuse. Well, when I checked the fuses they were perfectly fine.

The next thing I did was try swapping the add-a-fuse to the heated seat fuse. Now my wideband worked perfectly. The problem is now my windshield wipers do not work at all. the 10Amp fuse is brand new but no power.

Is there a relay that may have gone bad? I don't understand why they aren't working!

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-10-2013, 11:15 AM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

Sorry to be ignorant, but what is a 'wideband'?
Old 04-10-2013, 11:52 AM
shaimerej
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Can you check the voltage at the fuse terminal? Find which prong has voltage (if applicable.) If one has good voltage 13 V ish. Check the resistance between the other prong and ground. It should be very near zero ohms. If neither have voltage, check resistance to ground. Still should be zero ohms. If there is high resistance, it's a grounding issue and is likely inside the fuse box where the fuse meets the bus wire. Not an easy fix but not terrible for the motivated. If there is no voltage, wire between power source and fuse is bad. May be hard to trace. Good luck.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:03 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

Electricity takes the path of least resistance. If you returned the wiper circuit back to stock your wipers should work. The circuit must be broken, try another fuse, hunt the the power at the buss and follow it across the fuse to the wiper motor.

Get notified of new replies

To Electrical Issue

Quick Reply: Electrical Issue