C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Experience with Premier Essential VSC Extended Warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 09:34 PM
RDMonte
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Experience with Premier Essential VSC Extended Warranty?

Picked up a 2008 C6 w/ 4,xxx miles and the dealer is Certifying the vehicle. Since it is certified, the dealer is offering me up to a 7yr/100,000 mile warranty. Claims bumper to bumper. No deductible if they do the work. I actually get all of my vehicles serviced there and they have done very good work.

Max term / mileage would be approx $2,600. I typically shy away from extended warranties, but this is my first rodeo with a Corvette. The dealer is one that I have bought several vehicles through and have great confidence they are going to steer me right here.

Just looking to see if anyone has experience with this particular brand of warranty. Also curious to see if you thought that price was reasonable. Again, not much experience here on the extended warranties.

Thanks!
Old 04-10-2013, 11:05 PM
RDMonte
Intermediate

Bumpity bump
Old 04-11-2013, 08:52 AM
Chuck Little
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Four decades of Used Car sales experience speaking here.

I am not usually a buyer of extended warranties, but I have purchased GMPP on my wifes car, that we expected her to drive for many years. She is still driving her 95 Monte SS Supercharged. I have never been a fan of non factory backed insurance. It is a gamble.

Why??? Dealing with non selling dealers for repairs can be a pain, and if the insurance company goes out of business it can be even worse. Afterall, it is JUST insurance.

My question would be, are you going to have a garage queen, or a daily driver.........or somewhere in-between?

The price certainly sounds cheap enough for the coverage, if they are in fact there to handle the claims. The selling dealer will be no help if the company goes belly up. There is no middle ground to that. Someone is going to have to pay for any repairs.

The chances of needing over $2000 worth of repairs on a Corvette between now and 100m miles is pretty good. KWIM?

I have never dealt with this particular company so I can't speak to that.

I thought a Certified car qualified for the GMPP option if still in factory warranty. I have dealt with them for years and years, and can't find much to be afraid of with them. Any GM dealer will welcome it.

Remember, the sales person gets paid to sell it, so they are going to tell you how great it is. I would do a lot of investigation before I spent the money.

Good luck on your purchase.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:59 AM
Voytek
Team Owner

Received 80 Likes on 29 Posts

Never heard of that brand.

I would get GMPP extended.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:03 AM
kmthor00
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stupid question here, your car is a 2008, so lets say it is roughly 5 years old, does this mean they want $2600 for 2 more years of coverage? Since you will never hit the miles. or does this mean you get 7 more years starting now? Thanks.
Old 09-23-2014, 03:14 PM
Scott Essman
Cruising

Default Extended Auto Warranty

National Repair Solution is a good VSC company. They covered my last two Vettes, one they paid for the transmission. I would just check with any company how much the limits of liability is on the policy. This is how much the policy with pay out over the life of the contract. Hope that helps!

Old 09-23-2014, 05:42 PM
VettenDog
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kmthor00
Stupid question here, your car is a 2008, so lets say it is roughly 5 years old, does this mean they want $2600 for 2 more years of coverage? Since you will never hit the miles. or does this mean you get 7 more years starting now? Thanks.
Actually, those are very good questions. My Toyota's 7 yr/100K extended warranty included the miles and months that were on the car when I purchased it. My '09 Vette's GM Protection Plan added 5 yr & 40 k miles to what was already on the car when I purchased it.
When I was younger, I did not buy extended warranties because I did most of the work on my cars. Now with the newer cars, they are much harder for me to work on and I can usually get my moneys worth out of an extended warranty. Find a dealership that likes warranty work and you can get a lot of non-urgent repairs done under warranty.

Last edited by VettenDog; 09-23-2014 at 05:47 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Experience with Premier Essential VSC Extended Warranty?

Quick Reply: Experience with Premier Essential VSC Extended Warranty?