C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions concerning detailing techniques

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 05:54 PM
daveholl
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions concerning detailing techniques

I've washed and waxed (2 coats) and the DMSO is looking good. I also have a spray bottle of detailing liquid.
I've never detailed a car before since all I've ever driven were pickups which were muddy more often than clean.
Is the spray to be used as a touch up? I assume the car should be clean first before spraying, right?
Will the detailing spray remove the wax coating? Brand name of wax and spray is Maguiars (or however it's spelled)
Thanks for your time and consideration.
Dave
Old 04-23-2013, 06:32 PM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,191 Posts

Detailing spray is meant to be used on a perfectly clean car or when it has a very light layer of dust on it but no more than this. It won't remove the wax, it will add a tiny bit more shine to the finish and help remove water spots and streaks you may have gotten from washing the car.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:01 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 819 Likes on 388 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

A good quality detail spray can be used on a lightly dusted car, such as if you were out for a drive and want to touch it up a little, or if the car has been in the garage for a day or two, then it can be used. Heavy road film or driven on dirt roads or in the rain, then know. That would mean breaking out the wash buckets.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:35 PM
Homer3D
Melting Slicks

Received 134 Likes on 114 Posts

Old 04-23-2013, 07:57 PM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,251 Likes on 916 Posts

As stated above, wash, clay, polish, seal and wax. Wax is always the last step in the process. The surface must be clean and free of imperfections before the wax goes on. Expect to spend many hours on achieving that perfect shine.

Get notified of new replies

To Questions concerning detailing techniques

Quick Reply: Questions concerning detailing techniques