C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air breather filters

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 04:00 PM
batpig
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air breather filters

I have an 06 coupe with 40k on it . I changed the cabin filter,no problem.However when i changed the breather filters( yes there are 2) the air duct covers would not snap together .They were like that when I did the exchange,there is an almost 2" play on both sides! That can`t be normal with all the air that can escape .Used oem Delco stock filters. Car is still fairly new to me,so am I at a loss other than taping it together. Help please!
Old 05-09-2013, 06:59 PM
Red08
Le Mans Master

Received 1,441 Likes on 780 Posts

Air breather filters? Where are they located. I have changed my cabin filter and engine air filter. I wasn't aware of a breather filter.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:45 PM
TerryL
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

I believe he means the intake filters of which there are two, plus the cabin filter, one only. Can't help with their fitment however because mine fit just fine.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:24 AM
Red08
Le Mans Master

Received 1,441 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by batpig
I have an 06 coupe with 40k on it . I changed the cabin filter,no problem.However when i changed the breather filters( yes there are 2) the air duct covers would not snap together .They were like that when I did the exchange,there is an almost 2" play on both sides! That can`t be normal with all the air that can escape .Used oem Delco stock filters. Car is still fairly new to me,so am I at a loss other than taping it together. Help please!
You really have me curious. are you referring to the engine air filter? I just looked through my owners manual, and I find no reference to breather filters, and you indicated there are two of them. I have an '08, so perhaps mine doesn't have two.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:29 AM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,087 Likes on 2,078 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

batpig ...

Are you saying that you pulled off the adjustable air vents on the dash (where the air comes out for the interior of the car), and found filters in behind these vents?

Or the engine inlet air filters up toward the nose of the car?
Old 05-10-2013, 09:35 AM
byte_me
Safety Car

Received 210 Likes on 103 Posts

I think he is talking about the air filters themselves...

on my 05 (I would assume like your 06) you have to put the filters in with the rubber side down. This should make the fins of the paper filter stick up in order for them to fit...(_^^^^_ as opposed to -vvvv-) in addition, at the bottom of the plastic filter housing, there are slots that you must line the top part of the filter cover in to get the snaps to close properly...

Best thing to do - try this w\o the filters in to see how it all snaps together...then put the filters in and have a go at it...

Hope this helps!

Last edited by byte_me; 05-10-2013 at 09:43 AM.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:46 AM
Neil Baker
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by batpig
PLEASE TELL US WHERE THESE "TWO BREATHER FILTERS" ARE LOCATED?????
Old 05-10-2013, 01:54 PM
batpig
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The "engine air inlet" at the front of the car are the ones I`m talking about. Byte me has my problem figured out, I was pretty sure they should snap together. Thanks guys for your time ( and funny "TURBO") responses. B.P. out.

Get notified of new replies

To Air breather filters

Quick Reply: Air breather filters