C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Took the Vette to visit Mom today...........

Old 05-10-2013, 05:57 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,235 Likes on 703 Posts

Default Took the Vette to visit Mom today...........

Got the Vette all cleaned up and decided it was a good time to go visit Mom. It was such a beautiful day I didn't think she would mind me being a few days early for Mothers day. The visit was at the cemetery you see, she passed away a couple of years ago. I sure do miss her, life is never quite the same after you lose a Mother...Afterwards I took a long cruise for some alone time...Does anyone else do that???

For those of you who still have your Mothers, treat them well this Sunday, for those that don't, you know what I'm talking about.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:00 PM
DigitalWidgets
Melting Slicks

Received 75 Likes on 51 Posts

Old 05-10-2013, 06:15 PM
FlyerVette
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
Got the Vette all cleaned up and decided it was a good time to go visit Mom. It was such a beautiful day I didn't think she would mind me being a few days early for Mothers day. The visit was at the cemetery you see, she passed away a couple of years ago. I sure do miss her, life is never quite the same after you lose a Mother...Afterwards I took a long cruise for some alone time...Does anyone else do that???

For those of you who still have your Mothers, treat them well this Sunday, for those that don't, you know what I'm talking about.
Hi R&L,

Was so nice of you to share your story with us. You're truly looking at the really important aspects of life. I too have been without my Mom and Dad for over 20 years and in fact lost my wife of over 30 years 6 years ago so certainly know how you feel. Once again very nice of you to show your respect towards you Mom with your actions and the fact of sharing your feelings with us....
Old 05-10-2013, 06:26 PM
Surfman423
Intermediate

I cant express enough how right you are. I lost my mom suddenly a few years back to cancer. I still find myself absent mindedly grabbing my cell phone occasionally to give her a call out of habit. It is so true how things are just not the same anymore after you lose your mom. To add insult to injury, my dad passed a short time later to cancer as well. For those of you with moms and dads still around, hug them and spend time with them as much as you can. Once their gone, you don't want to have any regrets. I let the military keep me away from my parents until it was too late, I would give anything to change that today.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:28 PM
C6ROLLER
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Thanks for sharing, I'm sure she was with you on that long cruise...
Old 05-10-2013, 07:09 PM
fast-vette
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FlyerVette
Hi R&L,

Was so nice of you to share your story with us. You're truly looking at the really important aspects of life. I too have been without my Mom and Dad for over 20 years and in fact lost my wife of over 30 years 6 years ago so certainly know how you feel. Once again very nice of you to show your respect towards you Mom with your actions and the fact of sharing your feelings with us....
...Corvette folks in my opinion are very special people.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:10 PM
Yellow C-6
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Very nice Randy, I have lost both my parents also and I go visit them as much as I can.

Derwin
Old 05-10-2013, 08:24 PM
former50
Racer

Lost my mom back in 2008, always think of her especially on days like mothers day. I know about those long cruises after going to visit at the cemetery, good time to reflect.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:25 PM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,882 Likes on 1,905 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Thanks for sharing Randy. My parents are still around but I fear not for long. Need to plan another trip to see them. Thanks for reminding me of the really important things in life. Work, household chores, yada, yada, yada seem to always get in the way.

I am sure you made your mother smile today!!
Old 05-10-2013, 08:26 PM
Mad*Max
Race Director

Received 1,494 Likes on 815 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

Moms are special, lost mine 15 years ago and dad 25 years back...like others mentioned spend the time with your parents whenever you get a chance.

Last edited by Mad*Max; 05-10-2013 at 09:16 PM. Reason: careless omission
Old 05-10-2013, 08:37 PM
carsangelop
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I Lost my Mon 6years ago ,there is not a day that goes buy that I dont think of her.A more loving caring person you will never meet
I can remember as a young boy saying to my Mon I hope I die first because I would never be able to live without you.She would always reply with don't be silly little one you will be just fine .you will have your own children to love.How right she was
Old 05-10-2013, 09:59 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,095 Likes on 807 Posts

Originally Posted by DigitalWidgets
Old 05-10-2013, 10:02 PM
MISFAN
Heel & Toe

Nice story, thanks.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:12 PM
Johnathon59
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

Lost my mother last Dec. still talk to her (spirit) while I wax my car wishing she lived long enough to at least see it, She loved my red '85 when I had it, called it my little red sports car. your right when you say you only have one true mother, this Sunday will be the 1st one that I don't send a card for her. **
Old 05-10-2013, 10:41 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Gathered myself for a minute before replying. I didn't see that story line coming.

Lost my Mom a couple years ago. Buried her next to my Dad who we lost 2 years prior. Lost them both at the same age and in the same month. Dad was in failing health. Though Mom wasn't as active as she once was, it was still a shock that she passed. In fact the day she passed she was scheduled to travel to Las Vegas with my one sister and brother-in-law for a little vacation.

I miss them both. I still talk to them. I wonder what they would think about some of the world's latest news. I know Dad would still love his TV sports and late night TV, while Mom would be glued to the Game Show Channel. Holidays, especially Thanksgiving and Christmas are a little bit empty since they passed - actually more than a little bit. Time doesn't really change that.

Happy Mother's Day Mom - talk with ya again soon Dad.

PS: I'll be 'visiting' them both this weekend . . . .

Last edited by michaelinmech; 05-10-2013 at 11:24 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:51 PM
choprfgr
Burning Brakes

We are flying up to Boston to visit my Mom tomorrow.

She is 101 yrs old this year - I throw a big B-day party every
year and invite the entire family - 56 people.

Looking forward to the trip.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:19 PM
MTsVette
Drifting

Location: O'Fallon Illinois - Currently own a 2016 Z06 1LZ A8 Coupe
Received 95 Likes on 55 Posts

Very inspiring stories. Wow, teared up. My wife lost her dad in '96 and her mother just this year. I still have mine, although both are in their mid 70's. I don't stay in touch as much as I need to. Your heart-felt stories have stirred in me a renewed sense of responsibility to call and visit them more often...thank you.

It's true, when you lose a parent, a large hole is left in your heart.

Happy Mother's Day to all Moms, past and present.

MT

Get notified of new replies

To Took the Vette to visit Mom today...........

Old 05-10-2013, 11:33 PM
Paper Tiger
Heel & Toe

My Mom died a year and a half ago. I have been planning to get up early Sunday morning and go the the cemetery in my 427 Convertible. When I saw the thread title, I somehow knew what it was before I read it. I am an only child, so we were very close. SO I know how you feel.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:35 PM
donzi1
Pro

Lost my Dad then 31 days later lost my Mom in 2010
Brought them back to Canada in urns

Dad said to take him for a ride on Fathers day and take them both for a ride on Mothers day This will be the 3rd year.

They lived in New Orleans for 28 yrs , then retired to Florida for 20 yrs
Never missed a Sunday night phone call at 8 p.m.

My heart skips a beat if the phone rings at 8 on a Sunday...Ed
Old 05-10-2013, 11:43 PM
Glen1224
Burning Brakes

Location: Lower Macungie Township ; Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

You bring tears to my eyes as I lost my mom in 2001 and dad in 2005. I miss them both dearly. I to take my vette to the cemetery whenever I can and just sit and pray.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Took the Vette to visit Mom today...........