C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Craking noise...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 07:41 AM
bookemdano
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Craking noise...

When I turn the steering wheel hard left and step on the brakes there is a cracking noise coming from the right front of the vette.
It's been at the dealer since monday, yesterday I talked to the tech working on the vehicle and said he could hear the cracking noise but he can't find
It...it's going b on four days now, they offered me a rental but I have other vehicles I can use and turned them down, was thata smart move, or should I have taken the rental? it was a Camaro V6 by the way...
Old 05-23-2013, 09:27 AM
shootincyclone
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

I have a few other vehicles too. When they offer up the camaro or Tahoe I take it. When they give me the smallest economy ride they can find, I typically drive one of my other vehicles.

With the V6 camaro as a loaner, turn hard left or right then mash the gas. Maybe then the tires will squeak
Old 05-23-2013, 10:05 AM
bookemdano
Instructor

I thought about about doing that...lol
But my main concern is getting my vette out of the dealers hand.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:07 AM
shootincyclone
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

not sure how accepting the loaner car would effect the timing of your vette being fixed. Either way I am sure it will work out
Old 05-25-2013, 12:08 AM
bookemdano
Instructor

I got the car back Thursday morning, it turn out to be the the engine cradle...it came loose so they aligned it and torque it down, so far so good no more cracking noise, and no more wheel hop when you turn the wheels hard left or right.
I just had it aligned by an alignment shop that i've been using for years, they have all the new Hunter equipment with up to date software. they took off the aggressive factory alignment and hooked me up with an alignment that won't eat up my tires so quickly while maintaining good cornering abilities.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:35 AM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by bookemdano
I got the car back Thursday morning, it turn out to be the the engine cradle...it came loose so they aligned it and torque it down, so far so good no more cracking noise, and no more wheel hop when you turn the wheels hard left or right.
I just had it aligned by an alignment shop that i've been using for years, they have all the new Hunter equipment with up to date software. they took off the aggressive factory alignment and hooked me up with an alignment that won't eat up my tires so quickly while maintaining good cornering abilities.
Just to be clear, you had the alignment done after the engine cradle was fixed? This is important because the cradle position affects the alignment.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:09 AM
bookemdano
Instructor

Yes I had the alignment done right after they finished working on my GS, I also replaced my worn out Goodyears with a set of Michelin Super Sport Summer tires, the Michelins are a night and day difference compare to the Goodyear F1 it changed the cars ride to a pleasant ride with better grip than the previous tires...

Get notified of new replies

To Craking noise...

Quick Reply: Craking noise...