C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts on engine painting SC air intake cover?

Old 05-10-2013, 10:57 PM
brucemc
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Thoughts on painting Procharger core support cover over the radiator?

I want to add some more color to the engine bay and paint the core support cover over the radiator red. As close to the KATECH and coil color as possible. Has anyone done this? Not sure how hard it would be to take it off my self and paint it.

The only other changes I plan on doing in the engine bay is to remove the current black brake fluid reservoir cover and swap it out with a chrome cover and swap those chrome engine caps out with another set that has the engravings in red. I don't want to have too much chrome. Hence, leaving some pieces in select locations black,

Any other positive recommendations are welcome.

Bruce
Attached Images    

Last edited by brucemc; 05-11-2013 at 12:47 AM.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:56 AM
Yellow C-6
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by brucemc
I want to add some more color to the engine bay and paint the core support cover over the radiator red. As close to the KATECH and coil color as possible. Has anyone done this? Not sure how hard it would be to take it off my self and paint it.

The only other changes I plan on doing in the engine bay is to remove the current black brake fluid reservoir cover and swap it out with a chrome cover and swap those chrome engine caps out with another set that has the engravings in red. I don't want to have too much chrome. Hence, leaving some pieces in select locations black,

Any other positive recommendations are welcome.

Bruce
Your engine compartment looks really good, the cover shouldn't be that hard to get out 6 or 7 bolts I think and you will have to remove the air intake pipe from the inter cooler, I had way to much yellow under my hood so I made a few changes I have black etched caps on order then I will be done in that area.

Derwin

Last edited by Yellow C-6; 05-11-2013 at 07:58 AM.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:37 AM
brucemc
Pro

Originally Posted by Yellow C-6
Your engine compartment looks really good, the cover shouldn't be that hard to get out 6 or 7 bolts I think and you will have to remove the air intake pipe from the inter cooler, I had way to much yellow under my hood so I made a few changes I have black etched caps on order then I will be done in that area.

Derwin
Nice bay Derwin! I'm digging that alternator cover. Mines a little much.
Love the Katech covers! Mine were a bit of work to get in but well worth it.

I think a chrome power steering reservoir cover would look good in your setup. It would help the chrome flow across well.

I may paint a card board piece red and lay it over the radiator support cover to get a feel for the look with red. I'll post that up this week.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:51 PM
brucemc
Pro

It was finally cool and dry enough to do a mock up with card board and plastic dip. I'm still undecided if it's worth doing.
Attached Images   
Old 05-17-2013, 10:59 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm thinking black with red accents (maybe just pinstriping) somehow or visa versa. Get truly creative with a one off creation.

Get notified of new replies

To Thoughts on engine painting SC air intake cover?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thoughts on engine painting SC air intake cover?