C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Raleigh PD Laser testing on I440

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 12:45 PM
Black LS2
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As Corvette owners we need all the help we can get. In almost 30 years of driving the plastic fantastic, I have often been "chosen" for LIDAR when other cars were clearly going faster than I was, so the officer missed giving anyone in our vehicle group a ticket. I also think we are just simply targeted since we are in Corvettes, and by extension therefore "more likely" to be speeding. Nothing against LEO's...just human nature and 'gotcha' zest.

My DD took me through an enforcement rich road construction zone over about a year. I lost count at how many times I had a laser pointed at me in the vette, doing the construction zone speed limit, while another car in the next lane was going much faster...my favorites were a bright red Tahoe and giant motor home...neither got a ticket.

I have reached the conclusion that when it comes to a Corvette and another vehicle, it has to be a flatbed trailer rolling meth lab, with guys in yellow suits and bags of white powder falling off of it, before it grabs enforcement attention over a sports car to all but the most seasoned LEO's. I always assume the LEO is looking at me....nature of the beast.

Last edited by Black LS2; 06-15-2014 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Add

Quick Reply: Raleigh PD Laser testing on I440