C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

temperature outside 56 degrees, temperature inside Vette 88 !

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 03:56 PM
redrckt97
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggie G
I couldnt believe how hot it got inside the Vette yesterday.....Is this what I signed up for?

There has to be a mod for this...?

thanks
window tint???
Old 05-21-2013, 04:02 PM
ProfessorDeath
Safety Car

Received 165 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14

Sounds like anything that sits in some sun for a bit, especially a vehicle. What will you do in the summer when it's 95 outside and your interior is 165? Nothing to panic about honestly. Turn on the AC or roll down the windows. It's not nuclear physics.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:20 PM
FrankTank
Race Director

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Originally Posted by budgreen3564
Possibly catalytic converters are bad. They get really hot. I've had five of these cars in Texas heat with no problems. Cockpit is so small, the a/c will run you out of there cause it's so cold.
hmm....no other symtoms of bad cats, no gas smell, check engine light, drives nice as it should, no change in mpg. but i will take a look at them

thanks
Not a bad idea to check the cats, although if there was a issue with them, I would think you might throw a CEL who knows.

Were you running the AC when you had this happen yesterday? I forget.... if you added a bit of insulation just in the tunnel area I don;'t think its going to add a huge amount of weight.

To the rest of the peanut gallery.. OP has what he feels is a legitimate question about abnormal heat in the cockpit...so if you don't have something to add other than a snide stupid comment like "turn on the AC what's your problem" stay out of thread and move along., or just Go pound sand for all I care... no need to make fun of him.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:12 PM
VA50th
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I couldnt believe how hot it got inside the Vette yesterday.....Is this what I signed up for?

There has to be a mod for this...?

thanks
how do you know it was 88 inside your car...?

Mine shows outside temp and the settings to the dual areas...?
Old 05-21-2013, 05:32 PM
Biggie G
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

pocket size temperature meter
Old 05-21-2013, 05:40 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,250 Likes on 706 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve_R
Not the solution for what??? You're not making any sense. If it's too cold in the car use the heater. If it's too hot use the AC. That's what they're for. What problem are you trying to fix?

I don't really understand the problem either. I have driven nonstop for over 10 hours in mine and never had a problem. The center compartment over the tunnel gets pretty warm, but nothing so much as it caused a problem.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:00 PM
Biggie G
Drifting

^ hmmmm....so it appears that I have a issue that neither of you two have therefore dont understand.........imagine that....
Old 05-21-2013, 07:16 PM
FrankTank
Race Director

CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran

^ hmmmm....so it appears that I have a issue that neither of you two have therefore dont understand.........imagine that....
that's the way a lot of folks are here unfortunately , they don't have a problem or don't understand yours they spout off Very ignorant .
Old 05-21-2013, 07:31 PM
EDinPA
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

When everyone else in the world suddenly goes crazy at the same exact time, go find a mirror.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:41 PM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,289 Likes on 1,399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by FrankTank
To the rest of the peanut gallery.. OP has what he feels is a legitimate question about abnormal heat in the cockpit...so if you don't have something to add other than a snide stupid comment like "turn on the AC what's your problem" stay out of thread and move along., or just Go pound sand for all I care... no need to make fun of him.
Originally Posted by FrankTank
that's the way a lot of folks are here unfortunately , they don't have a problem or don't understand yours they spout off Very ignorant .
Someone **** in your Cheerios this morning? Or were you recently named Supreme Goderator of Corvetteforum?

If you look at the OP's first post, he simply said his car was hot inside and asked if there is a mod to fix something, thus the replies about using the AC. That's what most of us do when it gets hot inside our car; no mods needed. Those replies weren't "very ignorant" and we won't "go pound sand."
Old 05-21-2013, 07:48 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Someone **** in your Cheerios this morning? Or were you recently named Supreme Goderator of Corvetteforum?

If you look at the OP's first post, he simply said his car was hot inside and asked if there is a mod to fix something, thus the replies about using the AC. That's what most of us do when it gets hot inside our car; no mods needed. Those replies weren't "very ignorant" and we won't "go pound sand."

He didn't say if the AC was on, or if wasn't keeping up, or with the windows down, or any other information that could help anyone trying to help. With some more information, maybe the OP would have gotten a better answer...
Old 05-21-2013, 07:50 PM
EDinPA
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by R&L's C6

He didn't say if the AC was on or if wasn't keeping up or with the windows down or any other information that could help anyone trying to help. With some more information, maybe the OP would have gotten a better answer...

17 posts before he actually said what the problem was. If you want everyone to play guessing games, don't get butt hurt about what the guesses are.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:56 PM
EDinPA
Le Mans Master

On topic though, OP lives in Chicago. I would check for a damaged exhaust. Between the potholes and the six months of road salt something could have rotted or broke. It could even be a bullet hole form an errant drive by shooting in the gun free utopia.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:59 PM
Biggie G
Drifting

you all are acting like your not "gear heads" or familar with wrenching...or cars in general....

so if I would have asked something like

" smells like smoke inside?"

you all would have said "well open the window!" or "wear a gas mask"
I was waiting for someone to say "take it to the dealer"
Old 05-21-2013, 08:02 PM
obxchartercaptain
Safety Car

Received 308 Likes on 198 Posts
FL Events Coordinator

I too have a hot tunnel and the heat rises from the console. All I do is put the AC on bi-level. It cools it right down. When I put the top down it really gets bad. I then have the AC coming out of the floor vents and it cools it right down. It is the nature of the beast.....many threads on the subject and how to cure it. I doubt the extra weight from a insulation kit would make any difference in speed.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:03 PM
EDinPA
Le Mans Master

you all are acting like your not "gear heads" or familar with wrenching...or cars in general....

Are you in your car now? If so it would add weight to my guess of a punctured exhaust system. Your posts are consistent with CO poisoning.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:06 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Well, I think you got your answer. The tunnel gets warm, but everyone's AC keeps up to keep the cabin cool. If yours isn't staying cool, you may have a problem with the AC....

You may need to take it to the dealer...

Get notified of new replies

To temperature outside 56 degrees, temperature inside Vette 88 !

Old 05-21-2013, 08:15 PM
l8-apex
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I offer this, just for comparison.

I've been driving in 95-100 degree heat. Black 06 coupe with A&A supercharger; stock exhaust manifolds. Windows are tinted.

I set the climate controls to 70 degrees and leave it on Auto. Never think twice about temperature and I'm always completely comfortable. I notice no heat from the tunnel or console area, and there is no aftermarket insulation as far as I know.

I think if 'your a$$ is burning' you must have an issue outside the norm. Does your car have headers? Just a guess, but it seems to me that might increase heat and demand some added insulation.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:22 PM
z51vett
Le Mans Master

Received 277 Likes on 169 Posts

seriously?

thats not the solution...

I cant enjoy this car in the summer time cause my *** and legs are burning?

wtf.

My Mustangs were modded up to the same power range we have and I never had a problem with the heat.
How long have you had this corvette they have heated seats are they on. Read the owners manuel and see how to operate the climate control it could be malfunctioning. I live in hot Atlanta ga and go to fla I have a 2012 z06 and owned 29 vettes and lots of c5 and c6 never any heat problems like you are writing about. Yes console on long trips gets warm but not uncomfortable. Oh and was mech in Marines and worked on race cars on the side first cousins son was crew chief for Bobby Labonte and Ricky Rudd and Competition Director for Woods bros and I'm retired General Motors also. Put it on a lift and see if the tunnel plate is in place check exhaust. You make comments about peoples abilitys without knowing what you speak. Why not look for your self first and then ask questions.
z51vett
Doug

Last edited by z51vett; 05-21-2013 at 08:31 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:19 PM
FrankTank
Race Director

CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran

Someone obviously peed in yours , so I responded accordingly and just as arrogant as you did , its kinda funny you can dish it out with your snide comments but can't take it when someone calls you out like I did. And yes your comment was arrogant

I am quite certain OP knows that turning on the AC will help cool things down..thats kinda like someone saying , I can't get the car started ..and you reply , push the start button. not everything needs to be spelled out in crayon

Turning the AC on in the car does not eliminate the heat coming from the tunnel area it may help cool down the car but the heat is still there. I know exactly what he is talking about, while it does not bother me, it obviously concerns him so he asked for help.

Quick Reply: temperature outside 56 degrees, temperature inside Vette 88 !