C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

temperature outside 56 degrees, temperature inside Vette 88 !

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 09:37 PM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,289 Likes on 1,399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by FrankTank
Someone obviously peed in yours , so I responded accordingly and just as arrogant as you did , its kinda funny you can dish it out with your snide comments but can't take it when someone calls you out like I did. And yes your comment was arrogant

Only one person in this entire thread has felt the need to call everyone else "very ignorant" and told them to "go pound sand."

It wasn't me.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:38 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,049 Likes on 1,361 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Biggie G
you all are acting like your not "gear heads" or familar with wrenching...or cars in general....

so if I would have asked something like

" smells like smoke inside?"

you all would have said "well open the window!" or "wear a gas mask"
I was waiting for someone to say "take it to the dealer"
What I would say is "try to find another similar (same transmission and interior trim level) Corvette and do a comparison". If yours is similar, then it's "normal" for the car and you must decide if it bugs you enough to try a non-stock fix. If there is a significant difference, then something is probably wrong and you can work on fixing it.

Old 05-21-2013, 09:51 PM
ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 260 Likes on 221 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

Like others have said, add some heat insulation along the tunnel and the floor and possibly a ceramic coated tunnel plate.

If you don't want to do that, you're kind of stuck.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:17 PM
FrankTank
Race Director

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Originally Posted by Steve_R

Only one person in this entire thread has felt the need to call everyone else "very ignorant" and told them to "go pound sand."

It wasn't me.
aweeee I'm Sowy pumpkin if you got your feelings hurt.

but you know what...I'll follow your lead the next time someone asks a question like .. Having problems starting the car.. I'll respond and say.. you make no sense, push the starter button DUH

Its safe to say if OP can afford a corvette he makes at least a decent living and has basic intelligence of how to operate an AC system in a car.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:20 PM
FrankTank
Race Director

CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran

Originally Posted by Gearhead Jim
What I would say is "try to find another similar (same transmission and interior trim level) Corvette and do a comparison". If yours is similar, then it's "normal" for the car and you must decide if it bugs you enough to try a non-stock fix. If there is a significant difference, then something is probably wrong and you can work on fixing it.

Good idea
Originally Posted by ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Like others have said, add some heat insulation along the tunnel and the floor and possibly a ceramic coated tunnel plate.

If you don't want to do that, you're kind of stuck.
a few vendors sell insulation and OP is not the first person I've seen in a C6 or a C5 for that matter who is not comfortable with the heat even with running the AC.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:31 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

One thing that's not clear to me - is the car getting that hot inside while it's sitting empty in the sun with the windows up or is it happening while driving with the windows down? Depending on the answer to that question, the cause could vary widely.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:33 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,246 Likes on 705 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankTank
aweeee I'm Sowy pumpkin if you got your feelings hurt.

but you know what...I'll follow your lead the next time someone asks a question like .. Having problems starting the car.. I'll respond and say.. you make no sense, push the starter button DUH

Its safe to say if OP can afford a corvette he makes at least a decent living and has basic intelligence of how to operate an AC system in a car.
If its 56 degrees outside and 88 in the cabin and his AC is working correctly........maybe not..
Old 05-21-2013, 10:34 PM
FrankTank
Race Director

CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
If its 56 degrees outside and 88 in the cabin and his AC is working correctly........maybe not..

Quick Reply: temperature outside 56 degrees, temperature inside Vette 88 !