C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nav DVD Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 07:29 PM
nomocrap
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Nav DVD Question

I ordered the 2016 DVD for my 2008. My question is can I copy the DVD's on to another, what kind of DVD should I get and how do I copy it Thanks for any help JAY
Old 11-30-2016, 08:22 PM
ringo11
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

check this out, it appears this will work provided you have the right(capable) hardware
https://www.stevejenkins.com/blog/20...gation-dvd-cd/
Old 11-30-2016, 09:22 PM
crusher1
Burning Brakes

Received 89 Likes on 75 Posts

You will need a DVD+R DL. Dual layer as a regular DVD is to small.

I burned copies of my NAV cd and used dual layer DVD`s
Old 11-30-2016, 11:44 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

Originally Posted by ringo11
check this out, it appears this will work provided you have the right(capable) hardware
https://www.stevejenkins.com/blog/20...gation-dvd-cd/
I also use IMGBURN, but I did not need the DVD decrypter to make a copy.
The best DVD that will never let you down when making a copy of the NAV DVD is Verbatim DVD+R DL with default settings.
For the C6 radio DVD and CD copies, Verbatim is the only one that always works. I've used other CD's and DVD's and have had mixed success.

I've successfully made copies for my originals for Version 5, Version 7, version 9 and now version 10. Never had one Verbatim DVD that I had to redo. Always worked the very first time.

Here is how I've burned mine:

Backup any GM NAV DISC
First of all, this is not to encourage any type of piracy, I am just trying to pass on information that I found on how to backup your ORIGINAL GM Nav disc, this works on all versions to date including the 2010 #20855830. I have learned the hard way not to use an original disc for the day to day use at $200.00 plus shipping for a replacement. Backups work as good as the original, and if your kids happen to get a hold of it and scratch it up then it's no problem to make a new one. In Canada (not sure about the USA) it is perfectly legal to make a backup copy of a disc that you already own. There may be other ways, but this is how I do it.

1 - Download and install a program called IMGBURN (Freeware just google)
2 - Open ImgBurn and select "Create image file from disc"
3 - Leave all the setting at the default. It will then create an ISO file of the disc. Save it on your PC, it will be big, over 8 GIGS.
4 - You will need a regular Dual Layer DVD burner and a Verbatim DL + R blank disc (don't bother trying any other brand, trust me)
5 - Open up ImgBurn program click "Write image file to disc". Select your saved ISO file you created earlier, leave all settings at default.
6 - Put in your blank Verbatim DL+R (Dual layer) disc. And then click the disc icon at the bottom of the ImgBurn screen. Let it do it's magic. Depending on burn speed it may take an hour to write and verify the disc.
7 - test it out on your Nav unit. If you see the disc read error message, try to burn another one and verify you have used the correct disc type.

Last edited by 4SUMERZ; 11-30-2016 at 11:46 PM.
The following users liked this post:
jimmie jam (12-01-2016)
Old 12-01-2016, 06:29 PM
nomocrap
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanx for the info JAY

Get notified of new replies

To Nav DVD Question

Quick Reply: Nav DVD Question