C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Build/Production date

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 02:09 PM
TRZ
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Build/Production date

I realize this question has been approached ad nauseum
But once again, there is the production number at the end of a VIN,
mine being 9737, and the date on the inside of the door, mine is 2/13.
If Chevy stopped making the c6 around then, it doesnt jive with the total number of corvettes made for the model year. So what am I missing here? Did they build alot more after mine or is the VIN production number more random than exact, maybe in groups of the different types of C6's (Coupe,GS,427,Z06,ZR1)
It would be interesting to find out as far as the Chevy Corvette goes...I doubt any other type car, manufacturer or model, would give a rip about this, but we're special right?

Thanks
Old 05-30-2013, 02:16 PM
psp6158
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 228 Likes on 177 Posts

What year and model do you have? (I'm guessing it's a 2013 lol)I'll see what's in the Corvette black book.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:49 PM
Corvette Junkie
Night Race Blue 427
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Muncie, Indiana ...... Can I buy an amplifier on time ... I ani't got no money now but I'll pay you before I die
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The 427 had it's own number sequence mixed in with the other production numbers.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:15 PM
TRZ
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its a Z06, 2013. So from the sound of it the VIN last four or five digits dont really reflect the sequential order off the line. More or less a comparison to others of the same type if you know their number. Makes me wonder about the VIN of the last c6 off the line. Dont think I ever saw that, probably for privacy/security reasons of the eventual buyer.

Get notified of new replies

To Build/Production date

Quick Reply: Build/Production date