C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traction Control

Old 06-10-2013, 08:34 PM
corvettejack
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Traction Control

I posted on Tech.& Perf. and Scan. & Tune had alot of reads but no replies I pressed my traction control button and shut off traction control when I pressed to reinstate service traction control light came on also check engine light and engine reduced power light test drive had reduced power have H.P. Tuner disabled traction control cleared all lights and restored full power but no longer have traction control has anyone had a problem with the traction control similar to this ?

Old 06-10-2013, 09:53 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,043 Likes on 1,357 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by corvettejack
I posted on Tech.& Perf. and Scan. & Tune had alot of reads but no replies I pressed my traction control button and shut off traction control when I pressed to reinstate service traction control light came on also check engine light and engine reduced power light test drive had reduced power have H.P. Tuner disabled traction control cleared all lights and restored full power but no longer have traction control has anyone had a problem with the traction control similar to this ?

Was the car totally stock before this?
Old 06-11-2013, 05:04 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,910 Likes on 5,325 Posts

First, traction control is a function of the Electronic Brake Control Module. You can't turn it off by using HP Tuners since nobody but GM and their supplier are able to do that. However, traction control depends on the engine to provide a requested torque level when the wheels start slipping. If the engine control module can't provide the requested level it sends a message to the EBCM telling it has an issue. The EBCM responds by setting a code (tells mechanics to look at the ECM) and turning on the traction control message and light.

First thing to do is to check to see which engine and abs codes are present. Usual suspects for this type of an issue are throttle control or misfire issues with the engine as they cause TC to shut off by interfering with the ECM's ability to provide the proper torque.

Bill

Last edited by Bill Dearborn; 06-11-2013 at 05:06 AM.
The following users liked this post:
bvictory (02-10-2017)
Old 06-11-2013, 09:24 AM
haljensen
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Hard to understand your post but sounds like you can't get TC to operate now.

How do you know you don't have TC now?

Have you changed tire/wheel size?
Old 06-11-2013, 10:06 AM
corvettejack
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

is not stock has headers gears C.A.I. 3200 stall non-stock tires and wheels no cats and O2 sensors have had car for 3 months has been running fine pressed traction control button showed traction control off pressed again showed service traction control reduced engine power check engine light took test drive engine power def. reduced I,m not very good with tuner and lap-top called previous owner he waled me through program on lap top disabled points which cleared all lights and restored full power he told me I would no longer have traction control he is very smart when it comes to tuning and programming I Believe I will have to go back into program and enable these points again which will then show all lights and then bring to dealer to be scanned just hoping someone might have an idear what problem is before I do this again car is running fine right now but I would like to get issue fixed also may show problem when I go for inspection sticker

Get notified of new replies

To Traction Control

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Traction Control