C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3lt seat problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 09:01 PM
FirstVette@63
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 3lt seat problems

I was cleaning my interior out and moved the drivers seat all the way forward, now it will not move back. Can anyone help? I have tried to see if there was any loose wires, but I can't fine anything. Nothing on electric on the seat will work.
Thanks for the help.

Last edited by FirstVette@63; 06-13-2013 at 09:04 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:04 PM
HorsePower Junkie
Safety Car

Received 485 Likes on 336 Posts
St. Jude Donor '20-'21-'22-'23

Old 06-13-2013, 09:10 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

I would guess a connector under the seat came unplugged.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:11 PM
vig1116
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Does the heated seat switch light up when you press it and does it actually get hot of it does?
Old 06-13-2013, 09:52 PM
FirstVette@63
Instructor

Originally Posted by vig1116
Does the heated seat switch light up when you press it and does it actually get hot of it does?
Heated seat won't come on. Trying to find fuse under mat. Is it in a separate box?
Thanks again.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:04 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Originally Posted by FirstVette@63
I was cleaning my interior out and moved the drivers seat all the way forward, now it will not move back. Can anyone help? I have tried to see if there was any loose wires, but I can't fine anything. Nothing on electric on the seat will work.
Thanks for the help.
The Heated Seat Fuse and the Pwr Seat Circuit Breaker are in the I/P Electrical center which is co-located with the BCM in the passenger footwell. The power feed from the circuit breaker to the seat position motors is located in Connector X375 Pin A4. The power feed from the fuse to the Lumbar/Heated Seats is Pin A6 of the same connector.

If none of the functions work it is likely X375 is disconnected. That would be unusual since it has a connector lock built into it. When the lock is engaged it pulls the two parts of the connector together and you need two fingers squeezing both sides of the lock to unlock it and swivel the lever to the unlocked position. The lever itself will then be locked into the unlocked position and the locking tabs unlocked so you can close the connector halves together. That means pulling the seat if you can't reach under the seat from the front or side.

The above picture shows the lever locked into the open position. The other half of the connector plugs into the black portion facing you.

Are you able to get a wrench on the front seat hold down nuts? They take a 15 mm socket, box or open wrench. You will have to pull the plastic covers if you can get your hands in to pull the plastic pins.

Bill
Old 06-13-2013, 10:14 PM
vig1116
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Heated seat won't come on. Trying to find fuse under mat. Is it in a separate box?
Thanks again.
Yeah, I'd say most likely fuse. If that's good then MAYBE the plug. Either way I don't see it being a big problem because everything went at once. If things started going bad slowly then maybe different story. Good luck
Old 06-13-2013, 10:15 PM
FirstVette@63
Instructor

Thanks again.
Found fuse it's ok.

Must be connectors.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:17 PM
FirstVette@63
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
The Heated Seat Fuse and the Pwr Seat Circuit Breaker are in the I/P Electrical center which is co-located with the BCM in the passenger footwell. The power feed from the circuit breaker to the seat position motors is located in Connector X375 Pin A4. The power feed from the fuse to the Lumbar/Heated Seats is Pin A6 of the same connector.

If none of the functions work it is likely X375 is disconnected. That would be unusual since it has a connector lock built into it. When the lock is engaged it pulls the two parts of the connector together and you need two fingers squeezing both sides of the lock to unlock it and swivel the lever to the unlocked position. The lever itself will then be locked into the unlocked position and the locking tabs unlocked so you can close the connector halves together. That means pulling the seat if you can't reach under the seat from the front or side.

The above picture shows the lever locked into the open position. The other half of the connector plugs into the black portion facing you.

Are you able to get a wrench on the front seat hold down nuts? They take a 15 mm socket, box or open wrench. You will have to pull the plastic covers if you can get your hands in to pull the plastic pins.

Bill

Thanks Bill, I will try to find the connectors.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:43 PM
FirstVette@63
Instructor

Thanks to everyone for your help.
I'm going to try to pull the seat tomorrow.
Like someone said it went out all at once, which is good, I think.
I will try to let you know what happened.

Thanks again.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:26 PM
FirstVette@63
Instructor

Well, I went ahead and pulled the seat tonight.
It was the large connector ( it was unlocked). I want to thank Bill and everyone else who replied.
Bill your picture helped a lot.
Thanks again to everyone.
Now for a good nights sleep!

Get notified of new replies

To 3lt seat problems

Quick Reply: 3lt seat problems