C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Programing FOB

Old 06-24-2013, 02:26 PM
Brian2010
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Programing FOB

I see a lot of info in the search. It was hot yesterday and i guess i couldnt concentrate well. Do i have to reprogram foob 1 and 2 if fob one has lost its program. I had to replace the battery on fob 1. From what i read to program it easily it will become fob 3 and i will loose some functions with memory seats. I don't use that stuff anyway.
Help? no flames please its allready hot outside.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:38 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

You should not have to reprogram anything just changing the battery. The fob does not hold any program information. That is stored in the car. Check you battery again if you are having trouble.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:53 PM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,810 Likes on 2,058 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by EVRose
You should not have to reprogram anything just changing the battery. The fob does not hold any program information. That is stored in the car. Check you battery again if you are having trouble.

Correctly changing a battery in a FOB will NOT deprogram the FOB. Incorrectly changing a battery in a FOB will make the FOB non-functional.

I recommend that you review your battery change to insure that you used the correct battery, that you did not insert the battery upside down in the slot, or that you didn't buy a battery that has the cross-hatch pattern on the back . This pattern has been known to disable the FOB.

FOB battery insertion

CR2032 Ray-o-vac with hatch is BAD choice.

Elmer
Old 06-25-2013, 06:49 PM
Brian2010
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will check the battery and the installation. Thanks
For the replies. I will update you this weekend.

Get notified of new replies

To Programing FOB

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Programing FOB