Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Corvette General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C6 Corvette General Discussion
General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech Sponsored by
PFYC

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 06-20-2013, 04:58 AM   #1
vik2606
CF Senior Member

Default Window problem

I got a problem with my driver window. When I close my door, the window won't go all the way up, it stops about quarter inch from the top.

Also after that the door won't open, it seems like the window doesn't go fully up and the care thinks the door is still open. Well after I drive for awhile the window finally goes up all the way by itself and everything is fine. I tried re-indexing the windows but no luck.

Anybody know whats going on?
vik2606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:11 AM   #2
drich2905
CF Senior Member

try this - hope it works

remove the negative battery cable for 5 minutes- reattach- then index your windows again.
drich2905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:30 AM   #3
06vert

There are computer modules in the doors that control those things. I have heard of them going bad and causing window issues like those you are experiencing, and failing to the point where people had to use the emergency release to open their doors. I would start there.
06vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:35 AM   #4
vik2606
CF Senior Member

I uploaded a video, that might help people to see what I mean.

vik2606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #5
S_Turner15

spencer.turner15

Just got my vette the other day but had similar problems. From the outside of the car close the door and just touch the pad that opens the door from the exterior (dont actually open the door) just barely touch the pad and see if the window indexes all the way up then. If it does that then your exterior door handle/pad is corroded and needs replacing. Dont ask why but when I am in the car and the window doesnt index all the way up I cant open the door, but if its all the way up I can open the door. So check to see if the exterior pad/handle is the thing making it act up. Good luck!
S_Turner15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:19 AM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Corvette General Discussion
Reload this Page Window problem