C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corsa Xtreme on 05 A4

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 12:30 PM
Mrgchevyboy19
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corsa Xtreme on 05 A4

Just made a few upgrades on my 2005 A4 and looking to complete with a muffler system. I currently have installed LG super pro 1 3/4 long tubes and Vararam snake air intake.

I really like the sound of the Corsa xtreme, but concerned about Corsa's warning "Not acoustically recommended for automatic transmissions"

Can anyone advise the meaning behind Corsa's recommendation? Is it due to drone. What are the pros and cons of installing this system on a A4?.

Recommended alternatives? Corsa Sport, B&B Fusion, B&B bullet....etc etc?

FYI: Goal) Hear me long before you see me........
Old 06-20-2013, 12:47 PM
irok
Safety Car

Received 500 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrgchevyboy19
Just made a few upgrades on my 2005 A4 and looking to complete with a muffler system. I currently have installed LG super pro 1 3/4 long tubes and Vararam snake air intake.

I really like the sound of the Corsa xtreme, but concerned about Corsa's warning "Not acoustically recommended for automatic transmissions"

Can anyone advise the meaning behind Corsa's recommendation? Is it due to drone. What are the pros and cons of installing this system on a A4?.

they will definitely hear you long before they see you!
Old 06-20-2013, 12:59 PM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrgchevyboy19

I have the corsa sports kooks lt catless x pipe, it sounds great, when you floor it it sounds real great, i think there just talking drone, i have changed gears and converter, so no drone. I drove it a couple 100 miles with straight pipe replacing the mufflers, now that was loud, but sounded great at idle
Old 06-20-2013, 01:10 PM
davidtcpa
Go Canes!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 329 Likes on 241 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Most likely due to the drone.

B&B has PRT's specifically made for automatics to minimize drone. When I installed them with headers my car droned like crazy. I thought my eardrums were falling out when I was cruising. The guys at B&B sent me a set of Fusions. Even when I have them open they do not drone, but sound amazing. I now have a quiet mode (which is still louder than stock) for when I pull up to a nice restaurant and do not want to blow everyone away (which I rarely use). Fusions can be a little pricey, though.

Be careful about drone. I would listen to other Vettes in your area (in person) to help you decide. Good luck.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:01 PM
Mrgchevyboy19
Intermediate

Thanks for the info. Nice mods.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:14 PM
Angelo C6
Instructor

Go for the Corsa Sports. I have the 1 3/4" LG superpros and the Corsa Sports. Loud start up, good idle, quiet cruising, screams loud after 1/3 throttle. Absolutely zero drone at all cruising speeds.

Get notified of new replies

To Corsa Xtreme on 05 A4

Quick Reply: Corsa Xtreme on 05 A4