C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forum Opinion

Old 06-28-2013, 11:08 PM
fireinv38
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

do not rush!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there are a lot of great buys out there, all vett owners treat the cars like their own adopted kids. get the puppy that looks at you and you will know which one is for yoy.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:49 PM
corvetteflier
Burning Brakes

Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

My '13 Coupe has 600 miles on it, so hardly broken in, with only Bullets. A-6. My '06 was a Z-51, M-6 with Bullets, K&N Aircharger with shroud pushed back, and a Predator tune. The A-6 in S mode is faster, gets rubber in 1-2 shift, and literally pushed me back in the seat when downshifting to 2nd at ~ 30 mph--not full throttle. I may not be Dyno Don Nickolson, but do know how to use a manual tranny, although have had mainly autos in my performance cars due to living in heavy traffic areas. It also seems the LS3 comes alive at 5000 rpm--just as the broken in (over 5000 miles) LS1 in my 2000 T/A WS6 did. The LS1s were known for this. I didn't notice that in the LS2.
They are both great engines and it may be that driving an auto again has something to do with sop feel. I honestly don't know. But for whatever real or psychological feeling, the '13 is more responsive and quicker to me. And the S mode in the tranny is the best I've ever driven. Just my 2 centavoes...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Forum Opinion