C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Addition to Stable

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 11:57 AM
4thC4at60
Le Mans Master

Received 2,921 Likes on 1,302 Posts

Originally Posted by carl3989
Congratulations on your new addition. It's always good to go to Walmart with a lesser car than the vette.

But, after 600K miles in Corvettes, more than 300K miles in P-cars, it really was/is time for a change.....
Old 07-07-2013, 09:01 PM
JOEMC08C6
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4thC4at60
I am always fascinated about the amount of misinformation that lurks about upon the web:

The 612 Scaglietti is a front engine V-12 that seats four (4) adults. It was produced from 2004 - 2011 and does not require an engine out service.

Maintenance costs, unless one needs tires or something major that can go wrong with any car, generally run a quite reasonable $1,000 - $1,500 a year.

My F-car (328 series car), while a mid-engine car, does not require an engine out service for a 30K major either.

While I have budgeted $5K for service annually - my car is 25-years-old - dependable records show that the annual maintenance on my car will likely be less than $2,000 - unless something drastic goes wrong and then it could get VERY pricey as parts can be difficult to come by.

New Ferraris for the past few years come with a 7-year maintenance program.
I imagine you read right over my first line whereas I was complementing your vehicles... blew that off and went to your rant.

All I was doing was sharing an experience which I thought was pretty neat at a Ferrari dealership. It was a rather casual tour by the salesman and yes I made a mistake about the Scaglietti as I looked at a number of vehicles (Ferrari, Maserati, Lotus and Bentley).

However, the car I referred to was mid-engined. I made no reference toyour car at all. After looking at the Ferrari website, I believe it was more than likely to have been the Scuderia. And it was the salesperson that said "it runs about $25K for a tuneup and the engine out service was needed." Again no reference to your car.

As to the maintenance of your vehicle and expenses, I again inferred nothing regarding it as to cost or personal outlay. You have obviously been in the sports car arena for an extended time and I defer to your expertise and knowledge in that area for your personal decisions.

Again, I don't believe I negatively addressed anything regarding your personal business other than to say that I believed you have a couple of very nice vehicles. It sounds like you're enjoying them very much!

As for myself, this is actually my first Corvette although I have admired
and wanted one since I was in my late teens/early 20's. I didn't purchase the '06 at the Ferrari dealership, but later found an '08. I will be 70 later this year and I am enjoying it very much also. I've had it a little over two years.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:16 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

I am late to this thread, but congratulations. I have always liked that particular model of Ferrari. It looks like the real Ferrari or the way I visualize a Ferrari. (not that I'd reject any other model if it appeared in my driveway with keys! )
Old 07-07-2013, 11:37 PM
4thC4at60
Le Mans Master

Received 2,921 Likes on 1,302 Posts

Originally Posted by JOEMC08C6
I imagine you read right over my first line whereas I was complementing your vehicles... blew that off and went to your rant.

All I was doing was sharing an experience which I thought was pretty neat at a Ferrari dealership. It was a rather casual tour by the salesman and yes I made a mistake about the Scaglietti as I looked at a number of vehicles (Ferrari, Maserati, Lotus and Bentley).

However, the car I referred to was mid-engined. I made no reference toyour car at all. After looking at the Ferrari website, I believe it was more than likely to have been the Scuderia. And it was the salesperson that said "it runs about $25K for a tuneup and the engine out service was needed." Again no reference to your car.

As to the maintenance of your vehicle and expenses, I again inferred nothing regarding it as to cost or personal outlay. You have obviously been in the sports car arena for an extended time and I defer to your expertise and knowledge in that area for your personal decisions.

Again, I don't believe I negatively addressed anything regarding your personal business other than to say that I believed you have a couple of very nice vehicles. It sounds like you're enjoying them very much!

As for myself, this is actually my first Corvette although I have admired
and wanted one since I was in my late teens/early 20's. I didn't purchase the '06 at the Ferrari dealership, but later found an '08. I will be 70 later this year and I am enjoying it very much also. I've had it a little over two years.
One old man to another - I'll be 72 in September - I'm not sure why you took such affront..... most people on this form generally consider me to just be passing on information. Such was, obviously, not the case with you. Sorry that I offended you.... it certainly wasn't intentional....

Quick Reply: New Addition to Stable