C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Targa top on or off ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 09:24 PM
Jimbo 89
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kozzzz
I put the top back on; the minute of effort is worth the piece of mind to me.
Me too
Old 07-15-2013, 03:01 AM
Stavesacre21
Drifting

Received 202 Likes on 107 Posts

I actually have a convertible, but it doesn't change my train of thought even if I had a coupe. I would definitely put the top on every time I am leaving it somewhere in public and wont be within sight of it 100% of the time.

I had an extremely bad experience right after I bought a brand new $33k RX-8 back in 2006. Couldn't have been more than a couple weeks that I'd owned the car when I went to the mall and parked the car a couple spots out from anyone else. I left only the sunroof open and rolled all the windows up...i was simply running in to pick something up and would be right back out quickly. I couldn't have been in the mall for more than about 5 minutes when I come back out and discovered that someone threw a hand full of stones, dirt and gravel through my sunroof opening. It was in the rails of the sunroof, all over the dash panels, in the radio, in the gauges, and all over the floor and seats. It took me hours and hours to get everything cleaned out, and even then there were still pieces of gravel and stones inside the sunroof rails and in the cracks of the interior that I wasn't able to get out. There were scrapes and swirls all over the gauges where stones had scratched it, and even though I tried to sweep them out best I could, it still left marks.

Ever since that fateful day back in 2006, I promised myself that I would NEVER leave any of my vehicle's interiors exposed to the whim of the general public. In this day in age, you just really can't trust anyone anymore. People have no respect for anything they don't own, and even have a lot of animosity towasrds anyone that actually owns something nice.

I know that it may take you coupe owners an extra minute or two more than a convertible owner to put your top back on, but I would very highly recommend it. All it takes is that one time and you will always wonder why you didn't do it in the first place.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:36 AM
RocketDawg
Le Mans Master

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by JimTN
And my targa top stays on about 99.9% of the time.
Bought my '09 last fall and have never had the top off. Took it off in the C5 a couple of times, but the wind noise/pressure was more than I could stand ... seemed to just beat on my ears. Might try to take if off this car eventually.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:41 AM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

Received 127 Likes on 80 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

I don't have much trust in the general public. It always will go up. Only time I leave it off is if it's parked in my garage.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:46 AM
Johnathon59
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

Had the top off when it was parked at a store (windows up) when I came out BIRDS inside car on steering wheel, dash, seats, console !! and YES they did leave a few presents for me to clean up !!!!

Quick Reply: Targa top on or off ?