C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

warranty extension - special condition?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 08:00 PM
vette_guy_2020
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warranty extension - special condition?

Hello - My biggest concern about my vette right now is the 3-tiered error display I'm getting on my error console:

* Service Traction System
* Service Antilock Brakes
* Service Active Handling System

My car has 35.2k miles on it so it's almost out of warranty. Basically, I can't afford for these errors not to get fixed next time I take my car to the dealership or it will be close to or just out of warranty.

Have you ever been in this type of situation? Were you able to open a case with Chevy so they would be responsible for fixing this issue and keeping it fixed since the issue occurred and reoccurred under warranty?
Old 07-21-2013, 08:47 PM
c54u
Melting Slicks

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts

If you go to the dealer and have them log your problem during warranty, and they don't fix it, you may make reference to the problem when warranty has run out. Sometimes they will goodwill the fix even after the warranty is over, if it is not too long ago that it expired.

My harmonic balancer pulley separated and the car was 4 months out of warranty and they honoured the fix as goodwill gesture because I previously brought the car in with regards to a concern with the pulley. Thank goodness for that because it would have cost me $1200.00

Old 07-21-2013, 08:49 PM
RocketDawg
Le Mans Master

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

That's a very good question, and I've wondered the same thing. My warranty is set to expire in September (it was a pre-owned certified car), and I've had it into the dealer on four occasions for a problem, and they never fixed it. I took it last week to the Vette mechanic I've used in the past, and he found a few things (couple of loose vacuum hoses and a loose ground) and I think that may have fixed it, but we'll have to see. So you can see why I would have a similar situation.

I would think, as a consumer, that they should extend the warranty for an existing problem that hasn't been fixed. GM may think differently.

Perhaps one of our GM Customer Service posters can tell us.

Get notified of new replies

To warranty extension - special condition?

Quick Reply: warranty extension - special condition?