C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 GS Coupe.....looking at one

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 11:32 PM
KC-Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLEKVET
I just bought an '11 with 2800 miles, 3lt for 47K and warranty to the end of the year. Oh, it also had approx 12k in mods.

40 to 42 is the right price for the Vette in question. Go get'em Op !

....Dealer here only offered me $39k on my 2010 GS with 8K miles with $7k worth of mods on it. No way Jose. Original list was 66K, bought it at 55k.

Offer them $38k, then wait a couple days. See what happens. If they want to sell it...buy it less than your $40k.

Old 07-18-2013, 11:32 PM
sav426
Racer

I just bought a 13 Grandsport with 2 miles less than they are asking! Crazy deal right now....
Old 07-19-2013, 01:54 AM
jr3
Safety Car

Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts

If it helps you any, I looked up the M. wholesale market report on that car.

2010 Chevrolet Corvette
2Door Coupe Grand Sport 3LT

For Week of July 18, 2013

Sale Price

Above Average: $ 41,500
Average: $ 39,700
Below Average: $ 37,900
Old 07-19-2013, 02:18 AM
jr3
Safety Car

Originally Posted by KC-Vette
.... Dealer here only offered me $39k on my 2010 GS with 8K miles with $7k worth of mods on it. No way Jose. Original list was 66K, bought it at 55k.

Offer them $38k, then wait a couple days. See what happens. If they want to sell it...buy it less than your $40k.

Going by the market report that $39K that they offered you was pretty much on the wholesale money... I looked up the wholesale price on that car for the OP, and $39K was about "average" wholesale going by the market report...

That's probably all the dealer wanted to put in the car so he could get his money back out of it in case he had to sell it at the auction to get rid of it.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:18 AM
jr3
Safety Car

Originally Posted by schmegeggie
3LT, VY, Painted silver wheels.
Dealer is asking $48k. It's been sitting on the lot so long, it wouldn't start.
6 speed, which is what I prefer, but is keeping them from moving it.
All things considered, they asked me to "make an offer".
I asked for the GM service history, no problems.
Would an offer of $40k be embarrassing?
Considering the C7's are about to hit the street, that's about where I'm at.
No it would not be embarrassing. Go lower... It's "deal time" ... an all new model (C7) is about to be released.... If they are asking you to make them an offer that probably means they want to get rid of it....

Like others have said, offer $38K... You got a 50/50 chance of getting it. All they can do is say yes or no....... $48K may be a little high. But they also have their markup in it and probably some more wiggle room also.

You mentioned its been sitting there on the lot for a while now... They probably want to sell it before the C7's come out so they can get their money back out of the car.

Could be your time to get the deal. Stick to your guns. There are lots of C6's out there and some good deals. If they wont take the offer somebody else will later on.

If the car has been sitting around on the lot just collecting dust, and you are the only buyer interested and they are asking you to make an offer it looks like you could be in the drivers seat.

You could also keep mentioning the fact that the 5 year old car would not start when they went to crank it. Tell'em your very concerned about that.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:29 AM
Redvette_22
Safety Car

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Go to Kerbeck's website and look at a similar GS and see what they are selling for. Use that information to go to the dealer and "adjust" his price accordingly...after all it's almost 4 years old now. Keep in mind if the dealer is smart he will be "real" willing to talk especially if has the car floorplaned.

Last edited by Redvette_22; 07-19-2013 at 07:33 AM.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:59 PM
schmegeggie
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jr3
If it helps you any, I looked up the M. wholesale market report on that car.

2010 Chevrolet Corvette
2Door Coupe Grand Sport 3LT

For Week of July 18, 2013

Sale Price

Above Average: $ 41,500
Average: $ 39,700
Below Average: $ 37,900
Wow, really? To think I could get that for $38k has me thinking harder.
What is the M. report?
Old 07-19-2013, 06:08 PM
lotecredneck
Racer

Received 113 Likes on 52 Posts

Wow, really? To think I could get that for $38k has me thinking harder.
What is the M. report?
Manheim auction results.

Tony
Old 07-19-2013, 09:44 PM
1 slow 97
Melting Slicks

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by lotecredneck
You need to work the deal as an outright purchase to begin with. Don't mention a trade at this point. You are not going to insult them with any offer! What they want is an offer to get the ball rolling.... If they have an offer, then they feel they have a buyer if both sides can reach an agreement. After that point, then throw the trade in the mix and you will see what they are really willing to put in your car for their inventory.

Tony
Actually do the opposite, tell them you want to trade in your old car. They will give you a number(below obviously what you could sell it on your own for). Then negotiate the Heck out of the new car, since you are trading they know they will make money on your car & the new car hence they will Give you will get a better price on the new car(thinking about all the profit on your trade, used cars make a dealer way more Moneny than new cars).

Once you get to a number (48,000 is way to much for this car, you can get a brand new gs 2lt for that) that you are happy with.they will take you back to finance and start doing paperwork. That when you say you are having second thoughts about the trade and that's the only thing that you arent happy about in the deal. Tell them you really,want to take the trade out of the deal. At that point they have already thought they closed you at that point they will do anything to move the new car.

You have negiotiated to a real number on the car, the number that they were happy with counting on the $2000 to $4000 on the trade they would make. And you can sell you car privately(although with slightly more hassle) and make more money selling it yourself. Make sense?
Old 07-20-2013, 04:25 PM
schmegeggie
Melting Slicks

Default Update

Went in and test drove it today. Nice car, although with my amateur skills, it look as if there was some damage repaired on the right rear. The seam across the hatch wasn't square, so I looked further. The seam down the side where the rear facia meets the quarter panel had a small chip. Not to mention the crack/seam still had a lot of compound in it.
Either way, it rides fine. Must say, I couldn't feel the "seat of the pants" difference between the LS2 and LS3. However, the braking about put my eyeballs on the dashboard!
The offers are:
No trade - $42k
Trade - $13,500 plus tax and tags
It's really close, but I think I'm going to try to sell private party.
Thoughts?
Old 07-21-2013, 12:40 AM
jdot
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to go the private party route too. Like they said, the new cars are coming out in a couple of months and there will be a much greater selection of late model Vettes available after all the trade-ins are done. I've decided to wait till this winter/spring to see all the C6's that have been traded for the C7. Good luck.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:01 AM
AddisonD
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The offers are:
No trade - $42k
Trade - $13,500 plus tax and tags
It's really close, but I think I'm going to try to sell private party.
Thoughts?
Assuming this is The Car:
Do the trade deal, get the car, enjoy driving your new ride - as opposed to prowling internet ads, and fretting over small dollar differences.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:21 AM
schmegeggie
Melting Slicks

In addition to the right rear/rear facia issue, I noticed last night in the build specs that the car came from the factory with chrome wheels. It now has painted silver wheels.
There was something that happened to this car. What? I don't know, but the mis-aligned rear panel and the different wheels has me questioning. Possibly spun around into a curb?
Not sure. Betting the dealer will be calling me by mid-week though.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:46 PM
drubnitz
Heel & Toe

I bought my 2010 GS in march for $40,800. It had around 26k miles on it and was in great condition and still had warranty on it until I hit 36,000 miles.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:20 PM
GrandSportRob
Safety Car

Received 289 Likes on 160 Posts

In addition to the right rear/rear facia issue, I noticed last night in the build specs that the car came from the factory with chrome wheels. It now has painted silver wheels.
There was something that happened to this car. What? I don't know, but the mis-aligned rear panel and the different wheels has me questioning. Possibly spun around into a curb?
Not sure. Betting the dealer will be calling me by mid-week though.
It's time to walk away from this car. Plenty of other cars that are in better shape without the constant "what ifs" on this one. I would've already ran from this deal.

Quick Reply: 2010 GS Coupe.....looking at one