Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Corvette General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C6 Corvette General Discussion
General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech Sponsored by
PFYC

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 07-19-2013, 12:23 PM   #1
bluesdaddy

Default C6 vs. C7

Have a situation... Good-one as per a lot of folks problems.... but:-)
I so want to NOW more than EVER keep my C6, I waited and we were so pumped-up, as per the C7, WTF, is that (Rear) about? Seems like they tried to Push a Camaro off on us... I have so tried to get over this, and the rest of the car is well...no words for it- (Wonderful)....
They lost a Corvette person here, as per this car..... Will keep our C6,
and enjoy her, If we wanted a Camaro, I'd purchased one!!! and.. since I am on a roll-LOL
"It's a good thing Arkus-Duntov is long gone; he'd be ashamed to have his name associated with this".... Just an old mans view, and had 15 Vettes:-) Please tell me if I am wrong, Just hate this!!! Bob
bluesdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #2
noz34me
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesdaddy View Post
I so want to NOW more than EVER keep my C6, I waited and we were so pumped-up, as per the C7, WTF, is that (Rear) about? Seems like they tried to Push a Camaro off on us... I have so tried to get over this, and the rest of the car is well...no words for it- (Wonderful)....
and enjoy her, If we wanted a Camaro, I'd purchased one!!! and.. since I am on a roll-LOL
"It's a good thing Arkus-Duntov is long gone; he'd be ashamed to have his name associated with this".... Just an old mans view, and had 15 Vettes:-) Please tell me if I am wrong, Just hate this!!! Bob
I agree with what you said, probably not as passionately though.

It will be interesting to see if, given the general negativity surrounding the tail lights if there is a redesign soon. Sometimes change is hard.
noz34me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:28 PM   #3
Corvette Junkie
Night Race Blue 427
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Muncie, Indiana ...... Can I buy an amplifier on time ... I ani't got no money now but I'll pay you before I die

Corvette Junkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #4
Torchsport
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Junkie View Post

Not a new topic. Here, or in the proper C7 section.
Torchsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:34 PM   #5
corvetteflier
CF Senior Member

Well discussed topic, and I agree with you. The cylinder deactivation turns me off even more than the tail lights, however. That's why I bought a '13. I can't say I hate the C7 design, but they could have done it better, imo. They well may over the next few years. I can wait.
corvetteflier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:41 PM   #6
Nueboch
CF Senior Member

I was all fired up about the C7 but with the 427 coming out and being discounted, that finished the C7 debate for me. I did wait until the C7 was unveiled. That said, I have a feeling that in a couple of years and after looking at one in person and when the soft tops debut, I'll be in line for a C7. For now, I have no regrets, love the C6 in all of its variations. I have no serious issues with the rear end on the C7, been growing on me and if you look at a C7 and the Camaro side by side there is no confusion as to which is which. But, no wide body yet. Narrow tires, round tail light gone and if my dealer is correct, the C7 will throw a code if you try to put a skip shift eliminator on the M7. I do like the interior in the C7 but all I can go by is the pictures and a few comments from people that have actually seen one in person. Looks like a real drivers car but not sure how a passenger will feel in one.

The Z51 option looks like the way to go for the first year at least.
My other photo blog, mostly iPhone
http://blackhorse17.smugmug.com/
Nueboch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:44 PM   #7
Don-Vette
CF Senior Member

The back of the C7 looks bad ***!! And doesn't even remotely look like a camaro IMO
Don-Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:56 PM   #8
semp65
CF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nueboch View Post
I was all fired up about the C7 but with the 427 coming out and being discounted, that finished the C7 debate for me. I did wait until the C7 was unveiled. That said, I have a feeling that in a couple of years and after looking at one in person and when the soft tops debut, I'll be in line for a C7. For now, I have no regrets, love the C6 in all of its variations. I have no serious issues with the rear end on the C7, been growing on me and if you look at a C7 and the Camaro side by side there is no confusion as to which is which. But, no wide body yet. Narrow tires, round tail light gone and if my dealer is correct, the C7 will throw a code if you try to put a skip shift eliminator on the M7. I do like the interior in the C7 but all I can go by is the pictures and a few comments from people that have actually seen one in person. Looks like a real drivers car but not sure how a passenger will feel in one.

The Z51 option looks like the way to go for the first year at least.
Your response is spot on for me as well. I wonder how many Corvette lovers feel the same way. In addition, if the C7 is a successful product for GM, is it possible that we may not even see a wide body addition?
semp65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:03 PM   #9
not08crmanymore
CF Senior Member

For me it was the initial GUT reaction that told me the C7 is a no go for me.Not to mention the fact I think the entire car is a hideous monstrosity, in no way deserving of the iconic STINGRAY moniker,...and nothing more than a character for a Saturday morning cartoon!Technology notwithstanding.
not08crmanymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:37 PM   #10
ATC399
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don-Vette View Post
The back of the C7 looks bad ***!! And doesn't even remotely look like a camaro IMO

OP's a neeebie...joined in Jun..go figure...
ATC399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #11
vig1116
CF Senior Member

I'm wondering, like said earlier, if they will suffer loss of any sales enough to change a little mid stream. I have a feeling though a lot will "settle" on the existing design simply because it is (or should be) better performance wise, so maybe sales won't suffer??? Time will tell.
vig1116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #12
cor66vette
CF Senior Member

My next Vette without question will be a C7.
cor66vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:52 PM   #13
Joe1968ny
CF Senior Member

Give it a couple of years. We will love the C7. For now my GS is the car for me today.
Joe1968ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:55 PM   #14
LOUSVETTE
NCM Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesdaddy View Post
i agree 100%. Dislike the C7 so much (espically the rear) I just bought a 2013 Grand Sport. LOVING IT!
LOUSVETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:07 PM   #15
91redragtop
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe1968ny View Post
Give it a couple of years. We will love the C7. For now my GS is the car for me today.
Who is this WE you are referring to? I hope you aren't including me in it because in it's current configuration, I'll never like the C7!! I loved the C5 from the first time I saw it and bought one. I wasn't too crazy about the C6 until the widebodies came out and fell in love with them the first time I saw one. My GS will probably be the last Corvette I own unless the C8 is a knock-out!!
91redragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:54 PM   #16
FlyerVette
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91redragtop View Post
Who is this WE you are referring to? I hope you aren't including me in it because in it's current configuration, I'll never like the C7!! I loved the C5 from the first time I saw it and bought one. I wasn't too crazy about the C6 until the widebodies came out and fell in love with them the first time I saw one. My GS will probably be the last Corvette I own unless the C8 is a knock-out!!
I would think using the term "we" he is generalizing and naturally is not attempting to include every last person or every last Corvette owner.
FlyerVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:01 PM   #17
Mad*Max
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe1968ny View Post
but they still need to get rid of the cheap plastic on the bottom of the back
Mad*Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:06 PM   #18
rakuhn
CF Senior Member

I will pass on the C7, it simply does not appeal to me. My C6 looks better to me than the new one.
rakuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:10 PM   #19
glenB
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '08-'09 & '12, '14

I want my click back, and a piece of pie
glenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:15 PM   #20
Johnny_B_Good
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

The C7 looks a lot better in person, but Iím still happy with my C6.
Johnny_B_Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:15 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Corvette General Discussion
Reload this Page C6 vs. C7