C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 Coupe with BT/Steering wheel controls

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 03:41 PM
Jaa6921
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default 2009 Coupe with BT/Steering wheel controls

Hi Everyone.... love my Vette!

I own a 2009 Coupe with BT phone controls on the steering wheel and the 6CD radio and Bose. I gather BT was added on 2009's

If I change the exisiting radio to the factory Nav unit, will I retain the BT functionality on the phone which is somehow all linked to the Onstar system??

I have learnt that the Nav unit is a drop in change requiring only the addition of the antenna

There are conflicting reports on the forum, so if you can help, I'd appreciate it

JA
Old 07-23-2013, 07:01 PM
ProfessorDeath
Safety Car

Received 165 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14

Originally Posted by Jaa6921
Hi Everyone.... love my Vette!

I own a 2009 Coupe with BT phone controls on the steering wheel and the 6CD radio and Bose. I gather BT was added on 2009's

If I change the exisiting radio to the factory Nav unit, will I retain the BT functionality on the phone which is somehow all linked to the Onstar system??

I have learnt that the Nav unit is a drop in change requiring only the addition of the antenna

There are conflicting reports on the forum, so if you can help, I'd appreciate it

JA
I'm not a stereo geek, but as I understand it, there is a plug/harness that can be used to retain BT capability.

Interested in this topic myself, as I plan to add a steering wheel with controls.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:20 AM
C6Whatever
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Lisa

Get notified of new replies

To 2009 Coupe with BT/Steering wheel controls

Quick Reply: 2009 Coupe with BT/Steering wheel controls