C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Today marks 35 yrs of selling Corvettes~Thank You all~

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 11:03 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@Criswell
---35 yrs today...6 Presidents ago I sold my very first Corvette to Cassius de la Victoria on July 26th 1978 (17 days before my 18th Birthday). A mere 420 months or 12,775 days ago I started doing what I still love to do, of course new Corvette's cost only $10,000 so that has gone up a bit... A guy named Bill Gates said "in the future every home will have a computer" (we all laughed at that one). Fax machines weren't even invented as we know them yet! I guess the best part of still being around is that I get to keep going. I have seen/heard the good the bad and the ugly...at this point I could be talking about my fellow ex workers and Managers(haha), or one of the 35 yrs of Corvette's....but I have never seen an ugly Corvette. I have loved them all including the 13 Corvettes and 44 Musclecars that I have owned.

I look back at selling Corvette's fondly with many memories only wishing that the camera phones of today were around back then! Much of my Corvette memorabilia collection and pictures got wiped out in Hurricane Sandy last October so I am rebuilding one brochure at a time. From what I can remember...the memories and experiences are better anyway. You see, even though I am delivering the Corvettes to my customers...I thoroughly enjoy the whole process and as I have always said, being a Corvette enthusiast myself ...it allows me to develop friendships with customers that go beyond Corvette. Does it get any better then that? I don't think so. It's exciting to fulfill Corvette dreams and at last count I should reach 3,000 delivered by the end of the year. I have been an Ambassador for the Corvette Museum for several yrs and friendly with the Corvette Plant employee's/Managers, I like visiting with them at different events and in need I will text/call/email them as they know they can do likewise. I also was there in the beginning when Callaway Cars first started creating more Horsepower for Corvettes(1987) and I watched the Callaway "Sledgehammer" get delivered after setting a World Record. Even Zora Arkus Duntov and Larry Shinoda among other luminaries would come to our dealership for our annual Corvette show.(Malcolm Konner Auto Group)

Way before Criswell Chevrolet became a vendor on Corvette Forum/Corvetteblogger I would supply answers/info etc via my private CF name and decades before that I took countless daily phone calls back when it truly effected my personal phone bill. It felt good to help out where and when I was able and now as a Forum vendor the opportunities have tripled in so many other ways.

So today is my 35th Anniversary of selling America's #1 Sports Car...Looking forward>>> the 7th Generation Corvette is World Class in every imaginable way. In August I will be under the Callaway tent (right next to the GM Tent) for two days (Friday and Saturday) at Corvettes at Carlisle...and then I get to test drive the Stingray for a few days at Spring Mountain in September (with Chevrolet) and October (with Callaway). Tough job but someone has to do it!

Just wanted to Thank the Corvette Nation all at once by posting today, 35 short yrs of selling Corvette's as a Corvette enthusiast
Pretty darn cool!

Fall '92-That's my son Tyler and I in my 1961 Corvette. Tyler is 21 now!

Sept 11th 2004-My daughter Samantha and I in my new 2005 Precision Red Corvette. She is in College now.

Taking the 61 down the highway.

Dave Hill and I with the all new 2006 Z06 behind us.

1986 outside Malcolm Konner Chevrolet helping out the Konner Family for a sock hop.

Mike Furman
Criswell Chevrolet~
301 212 4420 desk direct~
Gaithersburg, MD
"I ship Nationwide and have done so for a long time!

For a minute there it sounded like you were retiring.
No way our love is forever on the Corvette.
I you for all of your contributions to the Corvette community and your loyality.
I remember the Corvette so well back in 1977/1978. Like yourself we still have a love for the Corvette that has gone through many changes. The name is the same but the times are changing. I remember those days of non computer controlled cars no smart phones, cellphones or personal computers. Things were still somewhat mechanical back then. Now today it's high tech with HDTV,DVD, Satellite radio, MP-3, compact disc, digital and GPS.
We are both from the same era that I remember so well in 1978 which was 25th Anniversary of Corvette.
We shared the same mystic of man and his machine the Corvette. "Save he wave"
60 years later the Corvette is a world class performance car and still the only American high performance sportscar with a heritage that continues to grow with Corvette clubs and Corvette people having the strongest comodaderie among all other cars.
What used to be $10,000 is now $51,000. I do remember a brand new 25th Silver Anniversary Corvette was $16,000 and the 25th Anniversary Pace Car May 28, 1978 for $75,000 per Wall Street Journal.
The music from back then sounds even better today as it was back then even though originally it was on tape/analog.
We have grown up and have aged with a piece of automotive history that we are so proud of that will continue on. Forward march
Old 07-29-2013, 11:59 AM
Bigredwing
Melting Slicks

Received 425 Likes on 301 Posts

Hang in there Mike, you might make it in the car sales business afterall
Congradulations!
Old 07-29-2013, 01:31 PM
Crankshaft
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Congratuations for a job well done Mike.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:10 PM
Madfence
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats Mike, Sticking with anything for 35 years is quite an accomplishment. Obviously you love it and it shows.

GET-UR-DONE
Old 07-29-2013, 02:21 PM
swdude987
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats!! Selling a car you love for 35 years!!!
Old 07-29-2013, 10:56 PM
Mike Furman@Criswell
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 10,187 Likes on 1,603 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12, '15

Originally Posted by swdude987
Congrats!! Selling a car you love for 35 years!!!
Thank you all!...not retiring anytime soon.

MikeFurman
Old 07-29-2013, 10:58 PM
1Sikstik
Burning Brakes

Received 249 Likes on 124 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Old 07-30-2013, 07:13 PM
Mike Furman@Criswell

St. Jude Donor '12, '15
Default 301 212 4420 Mike Furman Criswell Chevrolet

Originally Posted by Bigredwing
Hang in there Mike, you might make it in the car sales business afterall
Congradulations!
Perfect practice makes perfect...I will keep trying to get better!

http://criswellcorvette.com/Mike_Furman.aspx

Mike Furman
301 212 4420
Criswell Chevrolet

Last edited by Mike Furman@Criswell; 07-30-2013 at 08:23 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:26 PM
AmericanVette
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you all!...not retiring anytime soon.

MikeFurman
Do you have a link to C4's or C5's for sale at your dealership?

I love the pics of the 90's ZR1. That is awesome. Do you have any stories to tell through the years? Is it true collectors purchased the 90's ZR1's expecting to make a large profit and many are stored away with next to 0 miles?
Old 07-30-2013, 08:18 PM
Mike Furman@Criswell

St. Jude Donor '12, '15

Originally Posted by AmericanVette
Do you have a link to C4's or C5's for sale at your dealership?

I love the pics of the 90's ZR1. That is awesome. Do you have any stories to tell through the years? Is it true collectors purchased the 90's ZR1's expecting to make a large profit and many are stored away with next to 0 miles?
I have 35 yrs of stories. There are many super low mile ZR1's out there. A good friend of mine owns a 1995 ZR1 with 1500 miles.

http://criswellcorvette.com/Mike_Furman.aspx

Mike Furman

Last edited by Mike Furman@Criswell; 07-30-2013 at 08:23 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:48 PM
ladder13
Melting Slicks

Received 795 Likes on 384 Posts

You and Linda coming to Carlisle? Look for me at theCallaway tent.

Mike Furman
We're there every year Mike. See you down there, or in your case, up there. I'll stop by with my friend Rich also, but without his wife he's ripe for a new vette.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:13 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

Gary, I only hope you get to stop by for Lunch someday on one of your business trips!! Bill and I are patiently waiting

Mike Furman
301 212 4420
Criswell Chevrolet

we'll do it in the Fall for sure...I'll coordinate with both of you !
Old 07-31-2013, 11:48 AM
CG3Vette
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Mike,

Congratulations on 35 years! That is quite an accomplishment and one to be proud of. I am so happy that I came across your posts in the Corvette Forum. My experience working with you was fantastic. You are responsive, and answered all of my questions thoroughly. I always have a smile on my face whenever I am driving the CE Callaway! When I am ready for my C7 in a few years, I will be making the trip to see you again!

I will be at Carlisle on Friday...hopefully I will see you at the Callaway booth!

Best Regards,

Chuck Gemmi

p.s. My everyday car is a BMW, and my lease is up in the next few months. I am currently looking for a new one, and I have yet to find a BMW sales rep who matches you! You really spoiled me, and I have high expectations now!
Old 07-31-2013, 12:23 PM
Mike Furman@Criswell

St. Jude Donor '12, '15
Default It doesn't get much better than this. Thanks Chuck

Hi Mike,

Congratulations on 35 years! That is quite an accomplishment and one to be proud of. I am so happy that I came across your posts in the Corvette Forum. My experience working with you was fantastic. You are responsive, and answered all of my questions thoroughly. I always have a smile on my face whenever I am driving the Centennial Edition Convt Callaway! When I am ready for my C7 in a few years, I will be making the trip to see you again!

I will be at Carlisle on Friday...hopefully I will see you at the Callaway booth!

Best Regards,

Chuck G

p.s. My everyday car is a BMW, and my lease is up in the next few months. I am currently looking for a new one, and I have yet to find a BMW sales rep who matches you! You really spoiled me, and I have high expectations now!

Thank you Chuck, see you at Carlisle!!
Old 07-31-2013, 01:04 PM
vette4lyn
Drifting

Received 664 Likes on 522 Posts

Love the look of those C4 tail lights on the later C4's.

I am sure Mike could find a way to do a deal on a BMW for you as well. After all, he sells Maserati too!
Old 08-01-2013, 10:34 PM
Mike Furman@Criswell

St. Jude Donor '12, '15

Originally Posted by vette4lyn
Love the look of those C4 tail lights on the later C4's.

I am sure Mike could find a way to do a deal on a BMW for you as well. After all, he sells Maserati too!
Sold and delivered a new Honda yesterday but no BMW.
Mike

Quick Reply: Today marks 35 yrs of selling Corvettes~Thank You all~