C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good alignment shops for vettes in LA area

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 04:13 PM
kpride
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Good alignment shops for vettes in LA area

does anyone from west coast know some good shops in LA? I saw some 8 yr old posts but things might have changed in a while... any info would be greatly appreciated. A place who knows vettes and does good job on them.

I bought a 07 z51 vette 6 months ago and it was lowered. I asked the seller if he can bring it back up to stock height and he kindly did it for me, but I guess the alignment went a bit off in the process.

went for my first oil change and found out the inner front wheels are wearing quicker than the outer parts. I don't want to just go anywhere with a vette so any info would be helpful... also if you know the price ballpark that would be helpful as well.

lastly, what setting would be the most "tire friendly, neutral setting" with a vette? I don't track and don't drive it hard, just occasional "step on" in the fwy on a roll (like 50-80) time to time so I don't need aggressive setting. its my DD so I would like to drive it as long as possible between tire changes.

thanks everyone!
Old 07-25-2013, 09:30 PM
Tom45
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kpride
does anyone from west coast know some good shops in LA? I saw some 8 yr old posts but things might have changed in a while... any info would be greatly appreciated. A place who knows vettes and does good job on them.

I bought a 07 z51 vette 6 months ago and it was lowered. I asked the seller if he can bring it back up to stock height and he kindly did it for me, but I guess the alignment went a bit off in the process.

went for my first oil change and found out the inner front wheels are wearing quicker than the outer parts. I don't want to just go anywhere with a vette so any info would be helpful... also if you know the price ballpark that would be helpful as well.

lastly, what setting would be the most "tire friendly, neutral setting" with a vette? I don't track and don't drive it hard, just occasional "step on" in the fwy on a roll (like 50-80) time to time so I don't need aggressive setting. its my DD so I would like to drive it as long as possible between tire changes.

thanks everyone!
You might want to post this on the Regional/Southern California site.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:37 PM
Jimbeaux
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kpride

thanks everyone!
Stanyer and Edmondson in Pasadena has always done a great job for me. Don, the owner is a Vette and Cadillac CTS owner.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:03 PM
kpride
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jimbeaux
Stanyer and Edmondson in Pasadena has always done a great job for me. Don, the owner is a Vette and Cadillac CTS owner.
thank you. will contact them soon!
Old 07-26-2013, 02:58 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Found a couple names fr. 2009 if it helps:

"jb442" says: Clarks House of Suspension
26901 Vista Terrace
Lake Forest CA
Clark Smith

"quacktheduck" says: West End Alignment (310) 808-9233
18008 S Vermont Ave, Gardena, CA
Darrin is so tuned in for getting everything perfect, attention to detail is second to none.

Farther south:

"VET4LES" says: Jimmy's Tire Center in San Clemente, off the Avenida Pico exit, across from Lowes. owner, Jimmy Kehoe

911 Avenida Pico San Clemente, CA 92673
(949) 492-4500
Old 07-26-2013, 03:22 PM
Blue Demon Owner
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I've had good luck with Tom's Tire Performance Center in Long Beach. They've done 2 sets of Michelin PS2-ZP's, several alignments, and installed the PFADT JOC Stage 1 package for me. They did the alignment to the PFADT street performance specs which I gave them.

http://www.tomstire.com/
http://www.tomstire.com/auto-repairs...alignment.aspx
2775 E. Willow
Long Beach, CA

Tell Tom that "Rick with the blue Corvette" sent you.

Old 07-27-2013, 03:23 AM
kpride
Instructor

Originally Posted by AORoads
Found a couple names fr. 2009 if it helps:

"jb442" says: Clarks House of Suspension
26901 Vista Terrace
Lake Forest CA
Clark Smith

"quacktheduck" says: West End Alignment (310) 808-9233
18008 S Vermont Ave, Gardena, CA
Darrin is so tuned in for getting everything perfect, attention to detail is second to none.

Farther south:

"VET4LES" says: Jimmy's Tire Center in San Clemente, off the Avenida Pico exit, across from Lowes. owner, Jimmy Kehoe

911 Avenida Pico San Clemente, CA 92673
(949) 492-4500
thank you very much Will contact them to find out what they can do with a vette. much appreciation.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:24 AM
kpride
Instructor

Originally Posted by Blue Demon Owner
I've had good luck with Tom's Tire Performance Center in Long Beach. They've done 2 sets of Michelin PS2-ZP's, several alignments, and installed the PFADT JOC Stage 1 package for me. They did the alignment to the PFADT street performance specs which I gave them.

http://www.tomstire.com/
http://www.tomstire.com/auto-repairs...alignment.aspx
2775 E. Willow
Long Beach, CA

Tell Tom that "Rick with the blue Corvette" sent you.

thank you rick. I will call him and tell him about your referral.

Get notified of new replies

To Good alignment shops for vettes in LA area

Quick Reply: Good alignment shops for vettes in LA area